Moparts

looking for a convertor recommendation

Posted By: badblack68

looking for a convertor recommendation - 11/19/11 11:35 PM

My combination is as follows, 426 Hemi, a measured 10.19:1 compression ratio, comp hydraulic big mutha thumper cam part #24-602-5,
3:54 dana 60, 27 1/2" tall rear tire. The car will be driven a majority of the time of the street with an occasional blast down the track. I would like to keep the transmission as a self shifting unit. What`s the concensus for the best brand and part number shift kit and the best brand, size, and stall speed convertor for my application? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: 383man

Re: looking for a convertor recommendation - 11/20/11 05:24 AM

Your best bet is to call a converter company and let them build you one. My self I use a Dynamic 9.5 street/strip converter in my 63. I dealt with Sean when I called them and the converter works great. Also I have used Turbo Action which is also a first class converter. Ron
Posted By: tubtar

Re: looking for a convertor recommendation - 11/20/11 06:16 AM

too nice for off the shelf.........call someone and get something specific to what you want to do instead of something that will be close.
When I am ready to buy , I will be calling Lenny at Ultimate.
Lots of folks speak highly of his work.
But there are several I would not be afraid to use.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: looking for a convertor recommendation - 11/20/11 01:33 PM

Turbo Action for us. We've used many of their products over 34 years...converters,valve bodies,shift kits..all have worked excellent and never any problems.

www.turboaction.com
Posted By: Eric

Re: looking for a convertor recommendation - 11/20/11 02:33 PM

Quote:

too nice for off the shelf.........call someone and get something specific to what you want to do instead of something that will be close.

Lenny has to be if not thee...one of the best people in racing to deal with. And his products flat out work..
Posted By: actionange

Re: looking for a convertor recommendation - 11/20/11 02:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Lenny has to be if not thee...one of the best people in racing to deal with. And his products flat out work..

Call him and you won't be disappointed.

Posted By: Dap

Re: looking for a convertor recommendation - 11/20/11 03:22 PM

Yeah give Lenny a call. I just put my 8" from Lenny back in my car yesterday.
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: looking for a convertor recommendation - 11/21/11 01:01 PM

all i use!
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: looking for a convertor recommendation - 11/21/11 01:36 PM

PTC is also a good one to call..

Dynamic has to be one of the oldest...it was or half of it was Fairbanks in the heyday..Harold?...has to be one of the best there is...
Posted By: 7sec.cuda

Re: looking for a convertor recommendation - 11/21/11 04:05 PM

i would defenetely recommend Pro Torque
© 2024 Moparts Forums