Very nice! Where abouts in AZ?
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Charger Pics - 11/19/11 11:54 PM

Looks good, now go get some numbers.
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 12:17 AM

Quote:

10.9 @123. I think there is a 10.7 in it; the engine is very OLD!

Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 12:21 AM

Awesome!!

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 12:23 AM

Quote:

Very nice! Where abouts in AZ?

Gilbert. I took the pics in QC.

Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 12:32 AM

Can you stand the truth? A six pack scoop has no place on a Charger(neither does a chevy cowl). But other than that, it's a beautiful ride!
I loved my Charger (R/T with a 4 speed)

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 12:48 AM

Quote:

Can you stand the truth? A six pack scoop has no place on a Charger(neither does a chevy cowl). But other than that, it's a beautiful ride!

I'm not sure about the scoop, but I really hate my hood (up22). It's a major POS. I'm not skilled enough to fab up a bad ass under-the-hood turbo system, and therefore dumb asses like me that want to keep a carb and intake on their Charger; you need some sort of scoop.

My wife is churching up a few of the photos in Photochop. I'll post more in sec:

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 12:53 AM

Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 01:40 AM

Very nice. IMHO, the only thing that would make it look better would be to lower the nose a tad.

Tim

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 01:58 AM

Quote:

Very nice. IMHO, the only thing that would make it look better would be to lower the nose a tad.

Tim

It sits a little lower. 90/10's and about a 10 mile trip to the picture spot; it just wouldn't settle down.
Posted By: 79410aspenrt

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 04:33 AM

six pack scoop.........69 Charger.........AWSOME.

you got one of the best lookin 69's i have seen in awhile.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 05:14 AM

That is a beautiful Charger. And I think it looks awesome with the 6pk scoop. Ron
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 05:47 AM

need I say more?
Posted By: Charger453

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 06:37 AM

Quote:

Then what do you suggest? A plain, boring flat hood?

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 06:39 AM

By the way Greg, that's a sweet looking Charger. It flows well and I love the tinted window look...makes it look more "sinister." I can't believe more guys aren't doing.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Charger Pics - 11/20/11 07:24 AM

Definitely a super nice car and has your personal flavor to it, far superior than the stock look.

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 12:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

A stock Charger hood is far from being 'plain, boring and flat'. There is not another Mopar(or brand X for that matter) that has a dual scalloped hood. Designers spent countless of man hours on this design. Don't sell it short.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 02:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A stock Charger hood is far from being 'plain, boring and flat'. There is not another Mopar(or brand X for that matter) that has a dual scalloped hood. Designers spent countless of man hours on this design. Don't sell it short.

Well Greg's choice was awesome and the hood belongs perfectly on his car because it was his choice..... you don't like it to bad. In your remark it appears that you would expect him to change the hood just to appease you.

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 03:06 AM

Quote:

yeah well when you need 1.5" of room under a charger hood, you do what ya gotta do. Six-Pack, Cowl, Hemi...etc.

Attached picture 6930303-Picture004.jpg
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 03:12 AM

Wow. Who cares about the hood scoop? Did you guys see the CAR??? Beautiful!

Awesome Charger, I love it. Congrats!

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 03:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well Greg's choice was awesome and the hood belongs perfectly on his car because it was his choice..... you don't like it to bad. In your remark it appears that you would expect him to change the hood just to appease you.

Thank you. That's was the whole reason behind my post. Saying something has "no place" is a little strong. It probably just came off wrong. And I agree. The stock Charger isn't "boring" for a factory hood. But for us that are chasing perfomance, there's no option but to add some sort of scoop. Unless a hole in the hood with the air cleaner sticking through would be cooler.

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 03:22 AM

Quote:

It's a beautiful Charger. But when you post, you open yourself for opinions. Mine is just one. No offense intended.

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 05:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

It's a beautiful Charger. But when you post, you open yourself for opinions. Mine is just one. No offense intended.

Very true. I got mixed opinions on the cowl hood on my Charger. When you run a tall single plane intake, you have to do something. Some will love it, some will hate it. Mopar purists will hate my cowl hood. They may also hate my green Charger that was originally plum crazy, but hey, it's my car.
Posted By: rook440

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 06:00 AM

I LLLLLuuuuvvvvv : IT !!!!!!!!!! and I love the 6 pack scoop tooo ....but mine has one too ...lol
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 01:18 PM

AWESOME looking Charger...love the background too!!

Posted By: 540dust

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 02:11 PM

Very nice.
Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 02:25 PM

I have no words

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 02:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

what's the set-up? 123 should be good for a few more 10ths. I'd love to see a 10.9999999 pass.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 02:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

what's the set-up? 123 should be good for a few more 10ths. I'd love to see a 10.9999999 pass.

Yea I will take 10.90's for an old eng any day. Ron
Posted By: cjs69mope

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 04:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Very true. I got mixed opinions on the cowl hood on my Charger. When you run a tall single plane intake, you have to do something. Some will love it, some will hate it. Mopar purists will hate my cowl hood. They may also hate my green Charger that was originally plum crazy, but hey, it's my car.

I fight with the hood scoop Demon in my head every Day! Lol
Because i have a nice Ported M1 single plane on my charger with a carb with no spacer and crapy 1.5inch air cleaner w drop base so i can close my hood . I need a spacer and a 1050 dominator on the 493 but can't bring myself to change the hood on the car so the battle continues in my head ....
Posted By: dragram440

Re: Charger Pics - 11/22/11 04:26 PM

I think the car looks great with the scoop. I have been sitting here for the last ten minutes trying to think of what scoop would look better on there and there is nothing coming to mind. Maybe a 671 with a hat on it would look cool! Awsome car. Nothing wrong with 10.90's. I also really like the front plate. It fits the car perfectly

Re: Charger Pics - 11/23/11 12:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

.030 440, TRW piston, stock stroke, .590 purple shaft, stock port open chamber edelbrock performer heads and a little shot of nitrous. I put the bottom end together in 1993-ish when I was a punk 19 year old kid.

Thanks for the feedback! It's always cool when you start a thread that gets this many replies.

I'm amazed at what my wife did with photo shop (last couple pics). I want to enlarge one and frame it for the garage!

Re: Charger Pics - 11/23/11 01:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

.030 440, TRW piston, stock stroke, .590 purple shaft, stock port open chamber edelbrock performer heads and a little shot of nitrous. I put the bottom end together in 1993-ish when I was a punk 19 year old kid.

Thanks for the feedback! It's always cool when you start a thread that gets this many replies.

I'm amazed at what my wife did with photo shop (last couple pics). I want to enlarge one and frame it for the garage!

ugg you're still a punk kid if you were 19 in 93..lol well you're still young.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Charger Pics - 11/23/11 03:40 AM

Beauty car! Seriously beautiful car. 71-2 Road Runners and GTX's had dual scalloped hoods...

Did I say nice car yet?
Posted By: Max Wedge Savoy

Re: Charger Pics - 11/23/11 01:22 PM

Good looking car but that is a LOT of tire to pack on the other end!
© 2024 Moparts Forums