Moparts

W5 Heads, Edumacate Me....

Posted By: Dragula

W5 Heads, Edumacate Me.... - 11/19/11 08:30 PM

I found a good set for a good price and a guy wants my W2's so I am considering buying the W5's. What's needed for rockers, and intake?
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: W5 Heads, Edumacate Me.... - 11/19/11 09:45 PM

Quote:

I found a good set for a good price and a guy wants my W2's so I am considering buying the W5's. What's needed for rockers, and intake?

Rockers are the same for W5's and W2's if yours have the offset shafts. Intake is the same bolt pattern but obviously the ports are different. I have a couple intakes single 4150 style.

Header bolt pattern is the wide space W2 style.

You will also need the china wall spacers because the ports are raised so the head is wider.

Re: W5 Heads, Edumacate Me.... - 11/20/11 03:36 AM

So my W2 offset rockers will fit the W5 heads?
Posted By: emarine01

Re: W5 Heads, Edumacate Me.... - 11/20/11 03:41 AM

Posted By: J_BODY

Re: W5 Heads, Edumacate Me.... - 11/20/11 07:25 PM

We like them so much we bought two sets. Hopefully we'll end up with two good ones out of the four. One is waiting to be cut up and welded to hopefully stop the leaking.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: W5 Heads, Edumacate Me.... - 11/20/11 10:41 PM

W2 and W5 take same rockers.........Yes

I would not mess around with any intake but the INDY......all others would be inferior.

Re: W5 Heads, Edumacate Me.... - 11/20/11 11:57 PM

Quote:

I would not mess around with any intake but the INDY......all others would be inferior.

Would you go to W5's over W2's?
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: W5 Heads, Edumacate Me.... - 11/21/11 12:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

heck just go buy the indy headed motor Bigs has for sale.

Re: W5 Heads, Edumacate Me.... - 11/21/11 12:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

heck just go buy the indy headed motor Bigs has for sale.

I need the cubes...I have a brand new 408 W2 motor i just had line bored and installed a girdle on, and the W5 heads flow a little more than my W2 heads.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: W5 Heads, Edumacate Me.... - 11/21/11 01:18 AM

We love how our w5 runs... It's just had a nasty habit of using coolant through a thin ported short turn. Hoping set #2 works for us better. We've always run the Indy intake, but also have a large runner M1, as well as a ported Super Victor which came with the latest set of heads.
© 2024 Moparts Forums