Moparts

A body power glide users

Posted By: BigFish69

A body power glide users - 11/13/11 04:01 AM

Is there any fit isues when useing tti 2in header and jw bell with a glide or any floor/tunnel mods.
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: A body power glide user - 11/13/11 04:38 AM

No,we ran that exact setup...Modification to the stock crossmember is all we had to do...Starter fitment(shims) is a pain,along with removal...Solved the starter issues with a midplate and custom headers.........

Attached picture 6916808-silverfish339.JPG
Posted By: rowin4

Re: A body power glide user - 11/13/11 04:58 AM

Quote:

No,we ran that exact setup...Modification to the stock crossmember is all we had to do...Starter fitment(shims) is a pain,along with removal...Solved the starter issues with a midplate and custom headers.........

How does a mid plate solve the starter removal?

Posted By: Ian

Re: A body power glide user - 11/13/11 02:32 PM

get the converter made with t/f rear on it and i welded a pce of flat on gearbox mount and bolts straight up ,tail shaft length is different also
Posted By: BigFish69

Re: A body power glide user - 11/13/11 03:04 PM

Ian
your saying ptc offers a converter with the starter ring gear attached to the converter. does this eliminate shimming the starter problems ???
Posted By: FIREGUY12

Re: A body power glide user - 11/13/11 03:20 PM

I run 2 inch hedman headers with jw bell no starter fittment issues with the late model small stater. Just make sure you use the jw flywheel kit. They have an adapter with special flywheel bolts. Also the kit has a bushing for the starter nose cone as well as five starter shims. so you will have shim the starter .

Attached picture 6917279-duster.jpg
Posted By: FIREGUY12

Re: A body power glide user - 11/13/11 03:35 PM

Also make sure you use a rubber trans mount when using a midplate or you will crack the glide case. i cracked mine the first pass. now i dont use any bolts in my trans mount. The trans just sitss on the mount. the stock a body mount will work with the glide with a piece of angle iron.
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: A body power glide user - 11/13/11 05:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

How does a mid plate solve the starter removal?

Less shims to deal with or in some cases with the right thickness midplate none and with custom headers you don't have to remove them to get to the starter...I've always had to shim starters to get the pinion gear on the starter the correct dept on/in the flywheel.....

Attached picture 6917464-silverfish319.JPG
Posted By: Ian

Re: A body power glide user - 11/14/11 02:12 AM

Quote:

Ian
your saying ptc offers a converter with the starter ring gear attached to the converter. does this eliminate shimming the starter problems ???

they where going to do it with mine ,then they put it in the to hard basket ,and sold me the wheel kit ,and due to a fat scat flange on crank i had to turn down crank spacer any way ,but we do converters with the starter rings on them over here all the time
Posted By: chryco

Re: A body power glide user - 11/14/11 05:52 AM

No issues with 2 1/4 Hookers either , mini starter is also a good fit.
Chryco

© 2024 Moparts Forums