Moparts

Fuel Pump Location

Posted By: gearhead01

Fuel Pump Location - 11/02/11 03:21 AM

I am getting ready to put in the fuel system in the Valiant.

For a strip/street set-up, fuel pump in the trunk or under the trunk floor?

I have cut out the the spare tire well, and filled it in with a sheet metal section. So the the trunk floor is flat.

Any pictures of either set-up will be helpfull.

Thanks, John
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Fuel Pump Location - 11/02/11 05:04 AM

Mount it behind and below the fuel outlet on you tank I have my Magnafuel 275 pump mounted in the right rear corner of the inner rear subframe and trunk floor in my Duster. I thought I had picture saved but I don't I used a L bracket to mount off of the base of the pump and used the upright side of the L to mount to the inner subframe rail works good, last a long time I used a stock tank with a three inch deep sump mounted in the center of the tank and then feed it through Aeromotive # 10 AN 80 micron fuel filter and then to the pump with a #10 AN aluminum hard line to the pump inlet I don't like mounting the fuel pump or filter in the trunk, especially in a street car like mine
Posted By: joedust451

Re: Fuel Pump Location - 11/02/11 05:49 AM

here's a couple of pix.

Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Fuel Pump Location - 11/02/11 09:26 AM

the Duster that I had, I mounted the pump slightly to the rear and alongside of the tank..

in my Camaro(fuel systems are fuel systems)..I mounted the pump below the tank under the trunk floor..

either way the fuel flows good...put a shut off valve at the tank or before the pump...if not, and yu want to change carbs or do something with the system, that fuel will flow like you wont believe...
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Fuel Pump Location - 11/02/11 12:00 PM

Best spot I have found...In the fuel tank!

Posted By: gearhead01

Re: Fuel Pump Location - 11/03/11 03:09 AM

Thanks everyone for the information. Gives me a few more ideas.

Smokinwoody; the shut off valve is a great idea. Dragula, whose fuel cell-pump set up is in your pictures. Is it a circle track set-up?

Thanks again

John
© 2024 Moparts Forums