Moparts

Manual valvebody questions

Posted By: SLOW67

Manual valvebody questions - 11/01/11 04:32 AM

Got a few questions on installing a man. vb in my 904. Some of these might seem obvious but I have never been much father in a chrysler trans. then changing the fluid and filter.

Is there any spacer plate that is specific to the valvebody? I know GM trans. have a plate between the vb and trans. My fairbanks vb I bought didn't come with anything other than the vb.

Is there anything I should do to the trans before installing this thing? I didn't know if there are any passages or places that should be enlarged or plugged. These probably seem like stupid questions but I have always tried to stay away from auto trans work lol
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Manual valvebody questions - 11/01/11 05:24 AM

remove old valve body..install new valve body....the only thing that might be there is the accumulator spring if the trans still has one..
Posted By: joedust451

Re: Manual valvebody questions - 11/01/11 05:50 AM

As mentioned, take out the accumulator, & adjust the bands to what is recammended for that VB, They will require a different setting from a stock VB. If its a fairbanks & you have a hard time finding any info on band adj., i'd call Paul at TA & ask him, i'm sure he will know
© 2024 Moparts Forums