Moparts

Sled City fiberglass

Posted By: 6PACMAC

Sled City fiberglass - 10/29/11 01:47 PM

Anybody have any of their stuff? Any good? Thanks
Posted By: sam64

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/29/11 02:55 PM

i bought a hood and bumpers for my 63 belvedere,bumpers good,hood was parade quality[wavey].
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/29/11 07:07 PM

Larry is a great guy to do business with. My 65 Belvedere I purchased a bunch of parts from him, and I think it turned out great.
Hood, Bumpers, Hood scoop, dash etc
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/29/11 11:58 PM

I have a hood, front valance and both front fenders for my 68 Barracuda from Larry, nice stuff, no issues at all.
Posted By: hemirambob

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/30/11 01:45 AM

My scoop is from Larry. Great quality and fit.

Attached picture 6894387-Edit.JPG
Posted By: pushbutton

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/30/11 02:38 AM

The 63 max wedge scoop I bought a few years ago at the Nats from them did not fit the contour of the hood at all. Maybe I got a cull or it was for something with a flat hood.
Posted By: 6PACMAC

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/30/11 12:19 PM

Quote:

i bought a hood and bumpers for my 63 belvedere,bumpers good,hood was parade quality[wavey].

Ah good, it will match my body work
Posted By: Hemi Joe 4911

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/30/11 04:11 PM

Bought my hood - bumpers - and my hood scoop from him. Good quality - nice guy, loves to bench race, so it takes a long, long,long time to buy anything from him!
My 65 hemi car makes his products look great! HEMI JOE
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/30/11 04:16 PM

Quote:

My scoop is from Larry. Great quality and fit.

Thanks for all the kind words about my products. The 63 Plymouth molds are the oldest molds that I have and were made in the early 70's by the man that got me started in the fiberglass business back in 1993. They were done in the "Really Old School Way". I do not sell those parts for the show cars. I sell them to serious racers that want the edge on the compitition, with wanting light weight parts. My hood scoops are all made with our "E-Z Mount" system which allows you to shape the bottom of our scoops to conform to the hood without damaging the "E-Z Mount" system. I have had 3 aluminum nosed 63 Dodges and believe me , those OEM pieces didn't really fit perfect. I also have a no blow off guarrentee on all my scoops. If it blows off of the hood, I will replace for free.--- ZERO Blowoffs so far. If I am at a race and for some reason a car crashes while on the track, and damages my fiberglass parts---I fix or replace for free. Does anyone else do that? I have fixed 6 cars since 1993. Sled City is always expanding what we do and take on other things also, like our free General Admission Swap Meet this coming Jan. 15th, 2012 here in Columbus at Performance CDJ, and our Spring Nostalgia Nationals on June 23-24,2012 at National Trail Raceway for all 1977 and older cars. My site is www.sledcityevents.com. A special thanks goes out to all my loyal customers, Larry Augenstein / Sled City
Posted By: afxcoronet

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/30/11 04:29 PM

Hey GlassMan, what's the best email address to get ahold of you? looking for glass hood and bumpers and possibly trunklid for my '66 Plymouth Satellite would like to have by late December .
Thanks,
Curtis

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/30/11 04:42 PM

Quote:

Hey GlassMan, what's the best email address to get ahold of you? looking for glass hood and bumpers and possibly trunklid for my '66 Plymouth Satellite would like to have by late December .
Thanks,
Curtis

Curtis,you can reach me on my web site or just call 1-614-875-0369
Posted By: NoJoke

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/30/11 07:34 PM

I have there scoop the extra tall one its a nice piece.....

Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/30/11 11:20 PM

Larry, I'ld love to continue to be a loyal customer, have you given any more thought on expanding into the 3rd gen Charger market?

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/31/11 01:41 AM

Quote:

Larry, I'ld love to continue to be a loyal customer, have you given any more thought on expanding into the 3rd gen Charger market?

I am still getting all the molds together for the 62-68 Super Stock Mopars. Just finished the 62 Dodge rear bumper and now we are making new molds for the 66-67 Dodge Coronet fenders. Every once in a while I will venture over to a newer Mopar part to do a mold of. What do you have in mind and is there a market?
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/31/11 01:51 AM

can you or do you make an A body dashboard?? 67 -76 could be the same

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/31/11 01:58 AM

Quote:

That piece is on the list to make this winter. I hope it sells good. There are a lot of people in the talk stage right now, and I will hope to make them happy customers. Larry
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/31/11 03:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That piece is on the list to make this winter. I hope it sells good. There are a lot of people in the talk stage right now, and I will hope to make them happy customers. Larry

Check your messages
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/31/11 04:50 AM

How is it going Larry, didnt make it to Clay City this year, someone said they had killer swap meet despite the weather..you make it down?
Later
Bob
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/31/11 01:10 PM

I talked to Larry about bumpers for my 64...Real nice fella on the phone! I will order from him this winter!!

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 10/31/11 01:12 PM

Quote:

How is it going Larry, didnt make it to Clay City this year, someone said they had killer swap meet despite the weather..you make it down?
Later
Bob

Family obligations and buying a new shack to hang out in kept me from Clay City this year and will keep me from Garlitts' show also. Hope to see you and everybody else at my Swap meet on Jan 15th , 2012 at Performance Chrysler Dodge Jeep. It will have free General Admission and parking , and that means the vendors will be there for the crowds.

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 11/01/11 01:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Later
Bob

Family obligations and buying a new shack to hang out in kept me from Clay City this year and will keep me from Garlitts' show also. Hope to see you and everybody else at my Swap meet on Jan 15th , 2012 at Performance Chrysler Dodge Jeep. It will have free General Admission and parking , and that means the vendors will be there for the crowds.

Yesterday was a good day. Got started on the 66-67 Dodge Coronet and Charger fenders and have my first order on them too,from a friend of BG's. Tell all your friends about those fenders. Also got word on the closing date on the new shack, 11/7/11. Great numbers. That's why they call me Lucky Larry.
Posted By: 68valiant68

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 04/27/12 05:38 PM

Has anyone heard from larry lately? After the great recomendations from everyone on moparts and Mr. Bob george we ordered the first set of coronet/charger fenders back in oct/nov. still no fenders?

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 04/28/12 05:19 AM

Quote:

Has anyone heard from larry lately? After the great recomendations from everyone on moparts and Mr. Bob george we ordered the first set of coronet/charger fenders back in oct/nov. still no fenders?

As we all know, the business that was in Texas making all the mopar parts went out of business and there was another one in N. Carolina that went out too. Sled City is taking up some of the slack from those two companies, and running my guys ragged. Yes we are working on the molds for the 66-67 Dodge Coronet fenders, and it seems like my layup guy is doing a marathon on them. One fender is finished and we are working on the second. The molds are turning out to be the best molds that I have. I am almost more impatiant in seeing the completed product as my customer is. Hopefully there will be a lot of orders for these fenders, because I will have about $2500 per mold into this project.So, start ordering fenders from these 66-67 Dodge Coronet fender molds and remember, I have the front bumper and lift off hood also. We also have just acquired the use of the molds for the 64-65 Valiant and Cuda fenders, hood, and front lower valance. Larry

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 04/28/12 09:17 PM

When will they be done?
Posted By: bigblk66_coronet

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 04/28/12 10:04 PM

Hey Galss man what is the price on your 66 67 coronet hood and are they good quality?.Joe

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 04/29/12 06:36 PM

Can I get an eta on the fenders larry? Been patient for over 6 months, car is ready to go to the body shop?!

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 04/30/12 06:27 AM

Quote:

Can I get an eta on the fenders larry? Been patient for over 6 months, car is ready to go to the body shop?!

I have given you an eta on another occasion and couldn't meet it and I was feeling bad about it. I do not want to hurry the mold man any more than what I am. If he screws up this mold, then we are back to square one. All I can say is that these fenders will be nice, and you will be glad you waited on them.
I feel that I have one of the best mold men in the country, and the molds that he has been making are A-1 in my book.

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 05/09/12 05:08 AM

Been trying to get ahold of you larry. we need the fenders or the $$$ back asap, waited 7 months patiently.

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 05/11/12 02:32 PM

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 05/11/12 08:45 PM

Quote:

Fiberglass molds are looking really nice---Fiberglass parts that came out of the molds are looking good too. Assembly is next.

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 05/12/12 08:48 PM

When can I pick them up???

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 05/15/12 09:21 PM

Quote:

When can I pick them up???

The 66-67 Dodge Coronet/Charger fenders are now done, and looking really good. When would you like to pick them up. This Saturday would be a bad day, but open for suggestions for the others. With these new molds built, we can now make these fenders in a more timely fashion. Molds take soooo long to make when you are trying to keep all the other customers happy. I also make all the other 62-68 s/s style parts and supplying Mopar Muscle Magazine with glass parts for their up coming feature on how to build a Nostalgia Super Stocker.Give Sled City a call with your needs @ 1-614-875-0369 ask for Larry
Posted By: Dart Racer

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 05/15/12 11:36 PM

I got one of the wedge scoops for my Dart last year, and it is great! Would definately buy again.... great product and service.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 05/16/12 03:14 AM

I need to price a hood for my sons 72 Dart with a 6pk scoop. Ron

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 05/16/12 05:04 PM

Quote:

I need to price a hood for my sons 72 Dart with a 6pk scoop. Ron

Sled City only does the 62-68 S/S style cars.

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 04/20/15 05:23 AM

sledcity@aol.com or call 1-614-875-0369
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 04/21/15 12:47 AM

Bought my scoop for the 67 from him last year. Very nice piece.

Re: Sled City fiberglass - 04/23/15 05:29 PM

Thanks Cudatom for the good words. I will be at "The Chrysler Power Classic" at National Trail Raceway at the end of May.I will have plenty of hood scoops for this event. Contact Jeff Johnson Motorsports for more info on this event.
© 2024 Moparts Forums