Moparts

Battery relocation cable best price ?

Posted By: topside

Battery relocation cable best price ? - 10/28/11 04:55 AM

Need a bunch of cable for the wagon, might need 25 feet before it's all over. Checked Ebay, Summit, Jeg's, Speedway, and so far I can get not enough 4AWG or 2AWG for $40 to enough 1AWG (welding cable) for $70. Add shipping to all prices. I've used 1AWG welding cable before w/o problems, but 4AAWG seems wimpy. To make it worse, I'd like red & black if possible, or red. Just in case someone else ever turns a wrench on the car.
Any deals out there? Anyone here hooked up with a welding supply outfit?
As always, thanks in advance.
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Battery relocation cable best price ? - 10/28/11 05:48 AM

your best bet for price but not color choices is Craigslist . The pieces of welding cable you will need are cheap there. second suggestion is visit your local scrap yards you can buy it at a price not much higher than 15 -20 % over scrap price.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Battery relocation cable best price ? - 10/28/11 06:02 AM

Use Heavy Red Heat Shrink near the cable ends..

Go to McMaster Carr & put 7132K782 in the search...
Posted By: Dap

Re: Battery relocation cable best price ? - 10/28/11 01:17 PM

25' is a long run.You might want to check out this wire size guide to make sure you get the right size cable you will need for that 25' .

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47266
Posted By: Mr. Smurf

Re: Battery relocation cable best price ? - 10/28/11 01:27 PM

Check a local parts store that caters to the heavy truck market. They should have the cable in rolls, both black & red and can crimp the ends on.
Also, do a test run with small wire to get the length correct.

Ed
Posted By: topside

Re: Battery relocation cable best price ? - 10/28/11 05:02 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Hadn't thought of those places. No problem to fab the ends & such, just getting too cheap to pay retail!
© 2024 Moparts Forums