Moparts

TTI header coating ?

Posted By: mac56

TTI header coating ? - 10/26/11 09:38 PM

Has anyone ordered the tti headers with the nickel chrome plating? Just wondering how it looks and stands up.
Thanks
Mark
Posted By: dvw

Re: TTI header coating ? - 10/27/11 12:39 AM

Looked very good new. 5 years later, a little surface rust at the collector and near the flanges.
Doug
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: TTI header coating ? - 10/27/11 07:39 AM

I AGREE with Doug.
That is exactly how mine are now but they are 6 years old.
David
Posted By: Smoparmike

Re: TTI header coating ? - 10/27/11 08:51 AM

I also agree. Mine are 10 years old about the same condition.
Posted By: 383man

Re: TTI header coating ? - 10/27/11 09:22 AM

Thats how theses 2" TTI's came for $691. Theses are about 4 months old and still look fine. They did brown a little when the eng was first started but as you can see they still look fine. Ron

Re: TTI header coating ? - 10/27/11 10:18 AM

Thanks guys. If they do as well for me that will be great. Just can't afford the ceramic right now.
Posted By: therocks

Re: TTI header coating ? - 10/27/11 01:17 PM

Mine have been on for years.Mine were CPPAs thats how old they are.I bought one of the first sets they made.They do look pretty ugly now but after almost 20 years still as strong as the day I installed them.Rocky
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: TTI header coating ? - 10/28/11 07:56 AM

I have a set of the CPPA's on my grey car in my sig and they are still in good shape, one tube has cracked and I rewelded it at the head. The finish was looking bad on mine so we painted them with some flat black special high heat auto paint and that has been on them also for 10 years.
I would buy another set if I need some No Problem.
The woman's RR has the new nickel ones and mine are painted now.
Great Headers.
David
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: TTI header coating ? - 10/28/11 09:39 AM

use a motorcycle trick to keep pipes looking new. paint the insdie of the pipe with heat paint. it's best done when new and after cleaning out the insdie with lacquer thinner. spray two medium wet coats in the pipe get it on within the paints drying time . then tqake it right out for a highway ride

Re: TTI header coating ? - 10/28/11 10:03 AM

Thanks again for info guys. These will be on an e body with a hemi so I don't think you will even see them. Just didn't want them to rust fast and I think you have all convinced me them will be ok.
Mark
© 2024 Moparts Forums