Moparts

Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts?

Posted By: Mr. T

Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/26/11 12:49 AM

They make a product similar to CalTracs. I cannot get them to answer my Email or my telephone calls. I was wondering if anybody here has had any experience with them or their products?
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/26/11 12:52 AM

Quote:

They make a product similar to CalTracs. I cannot get them to answer my Email or my telephone calls. I was wondering if anybody here has had any experience with them or their products?

Well if they don't answer their phone or their email that should tell you something...
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/26/11 01:06 AM

stick with the caltracs. i know srd parts and have done tons of research on the subject

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/26/11 01:33 AM

I sent you a P.M.
Posted By: Challenger

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/26/11 10:43 PM

Call Jake at Jakes Performance Fabrication at 816-686-5133. He is a SRD/Smith Racecraft dealer. I take it you are looking for the SRD Assassin bars?

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/27/11 01:20 AM

You are correct. I have been told that the Assasin works as good as CalTracs, and is much easier to install. The person who told me this has CalTracs on 2 of his cars. I had hoped to get by using my stock springs. I never got a reply to my P.M. for more details.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/27/11 03:14 AM

i cant imagine anything bein easier to inst. than caltracs.
Posted By: topside

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/27/11 04:19 AM

Another good thing about Caltracs is that they answer their phone, and are very helpful. Guys that care about their customers move to the top of my vendor list...
Posted By: 8TREEZ

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/27/11 10:45 PM

Are you guys calling the right #??? I called 3 times this week about different things, and Talked to Kim Smith every single time, hell he answered the phone.

214-330-0660

PS the bars are much easier to install, you dont have to remove the spring....

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/27/11 11:35 PM

I received a Email yesterday from someone named Josh at SRD yesterday. I don't recall anyone on this board ever say anything about this company or their Assasin traction device. I wish that joshking440 would have went into more detail.
Posted By: 8TREEZ

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/28/11 05:34 AM

Josh Is Kim Smith's Son, He is very knowledgeable,and knows his stuff. There bars are second to none. You won't be disappointed.....

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/28/11 10:15 PM

There is a topic about the assassin bars over on the yellowbullet. Shows pictures of install and so far every one has been happy with them.

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/29/11 12:59 AM

Is it an article that you could post here? These things seem to be a rarity amongst the racers here.

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/29/11 04:41 AM

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388088&highlight=Assassin+bars and the one that shows some install is http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330723&highlight=Assassin+bars I hope that helps! Im also curious on why Josh dont like them. Doesnt Josh run the Caltracs but on September 30th there is a post that he bent a right rear passenger spring. Now go to the first topic I posted here from yellowbullet and look at what Jeff C has to say and I quote " I have NOT bent a leaf spring yet with the SRDs in my hi-powered cars and I have bent alot of right rear springs. He goes on to elaborate a little more on the topic.

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/29/11 10:00 AM

Thanks for posting those comments. With no more horsepower than I have, it sounds like either brand would be more than sufficient for my use.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Anybody ever do business with SRD Parts? - 10/29/11 10:53 AM

So let's see, on the bullet SRD's are better than CalTracs because they have more adjustment. Here ladder bars are better than four links because they have less adjustment.
© 2024 Moparts Forums