Moparts

new best 60'

Posted By: 572_dup2

new best 60' - 10/24/11 06:40 PM

1.25 not to shabby for 3500 lbs off idle.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: new best 60' - 10/24/11 07:00 PM

BAD A$$.................
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: new best 60' - 10/24/11 07:01 PM

So is that with your new wheelie thingy?
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: new best 60' - 10/24/11 07:04 PM

I like it!

This past weekend had some good air and my car went 1.252 and the slicks have 150 passes, 3250 lbs, footbrake.

Re: new best 60' - 10/24/11 07:12 PM

New bests are always good. Just keeps ya lookin for more. Yes that's with that single Wheelie thingy. It's found a permanent home!
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: new best 60' - 10/24/11 08:35 PM

nice....

Re: new best 60' - 10/24/11 08:52 PM

Quote:

New bests are always good. Just keeps ya lookin for more. Yes that's with that single Wheelie thingy. It's found a permanent home!

I guess it's workin' for ya then. Any video?

Re: new best 60' - 10/24/11 09:41 PM

Yes got video.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by moparts - 10/24/11 09:51 PM

Posted By: 383man

Re: new best 60' - 10/24/11 09:55 PM

That would put my eyeballs in the back of my scull ! That is moving. Ron
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: new best 60' - 10/24/11 10:06 PM

nice.......
Posted By: dragram440

Re: new best 60' - 10/24/11 10:20 PM

Lets see the video. Love your car! And if the wheelie bar is working thats awsome.

Re: new best 60' - 10/24/11 11:01 PM

ok

Attached picture 6886685-8.90.jpg
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 12:40 AM

Cool
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 12:47 AM

Quote:

Cool

X2

Rickster
Posted By: Dartman928

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 01:34 AM

Congrats Shawn

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 01:37 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiqnvd044PE&feature=autoshare
Posted By: dragram440

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 02:26 AM

Posted By: VernMotor

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 02:59 AM

Now Shawn they told you that would not work..You did't listen Very well !! LMAO

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 03:19 AM

I always go the extra mile when a challenge is on! I dont always listen well.
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 03:20 AM

I can here my buddy Richard Hann singing now... "If you ain't in the air, you ain't goin' nowhere!"
Looking good Shawn.

Brian Dunnigan
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 03:21 AM

looked like your slowest 60ft

congrats

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 03:25 AM

Thanks. We try real hard.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 03:43 AM

Nice job,buddy!! You sure are a persistant fella!
Posted By: Cudafied

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 11:16 AM

Nice
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 12:08 PM

Quote:

1.25 not to shabby for 3500 lbs off idle.

thats killer! ya still looking for more?
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 01:15 PM

Shawn is it possible to take pictures of the instalation cuase we are looking at doing the samething on a 63 car. Jake

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 01:20 PM

Jake pm your number ill give you a call.
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 06:46 PM

Quote:

Nobody said that it wouldn't bandaid his problem .....Thing is, he doesn't even know why it's faster.....

The ghey azz wheelie thingy is keeping if from bouncing like Tigger (like it was before) by helping it get up on the tire......and yes, there are better ways to fix it......
Posted By: moparniac

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 06:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Nobody said that it wouldn't bandaid his problem .....Thing is, he doesn't even know why it's faster.....

The ghey azz wheelie thingy is keeping if from bouncing like Tigger (like it was before) by helping it get up on the tire......and yes, there are better ways to fix it......

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 08:09 PM

I thought they pushed down on the tires? Besides, nothing wrong with using a bandaid...at least until it heals.
Posted By: Ben Holt

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 08:42 PM

Congrats Shawn! We have been working together now for over two years. He is definitely working in the right direction, adding the correct parts and moving the right way with the tuneup. He is (admittedly) going about things differently than some would wish, but it's a free country, and he has a 8 second car on leaf springs and stock front suspension!!

Glad to see all the hard work is paying off!

Now send me a graph!!!!!
Posted By: CRT

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 08:58 PM

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiqnvd044PE&feature=autoshare

nice launch

Re: new best 60' - 10/25/11 09:40 PM

Quote:

I thought they pushed down on the tires? Besides, nothing wrong with using a bandaid...at least until it heals.

When the car goes up and hits the bar, it's unloading the tires, which is helping it "get up onto" the tires and that's what's keeping it from hopping, skipping and jumping like it was in his other post that people are referring to, which helps the 60' times.......When cars have enough power for the right tire/wheel/tire pressure combo, you don't need a wheelie bar to do that....

Hey Ben, I have NO PROBLEM with a guy doing stuff his own way ......The dude just rubs me wrong by starting threads, asking questions and then getting mad and deleting his own posts when people suggest things he doesn't want to hear..... anyone that's been here for a while will remember the drama from a few years ago with his motor..... much like one of his latest threads where he made a comment about why he doesn't post much here anymore.........Fact is, only reason he does is because he's an attention ho.....

Re: new best 60' - 10/26/11 12:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

When the car goes up and hits the bar, it's unloading the tires, which is helping it "get up onto" the tires and that's what's keeping it from hopping, skipping and jumping like it was in his other post that people are referring to, which helps the 60' times.......When cars have enough power for the right tire/wheel/tire pressure combo, you don't need a wheelie bar to do that....

Hey Ben, I have NO PROBLEM with a guy doing stuff his own way ......The dude just rubs me wrong by starting threads, asking questions and then getting mad and deleting his own posts when people suggest things he doesn't want to hear..... anyone that's been here for a while will remember the drama from a few years ago with his motor..... much like one of his latest threads where he made a comment about why he doesn't post much here anymore.........Fact is, only reason he does is because he's an attention ho..... [/quote

If you dont like what i do shut your pie hole! An if id ask for anyones advise i sure the bell dont want yours!! Oh wait your "KING"

Re: new best 60' - 10/26/11 12:10 AM

Yes Ben you have helped me alot. You give me great advise an i have applied alot of it. Im sure that all the gains we have made are becouse your experince with fast cars down the track!! Ya one of these days ill send you a graph..lol

Re: new best 60' - 10/26/11 12:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Ben, I have NO PROBLEM with a guy doing stuff his own way ......The dude just rubs me wrong by starting threads, asking questions and then getting mad and deleting his own posts when people suggest things he doesn't want to hear..... anyone that's been here for a while will remember the drama from a few years ago with his motor..... much like one of his latest threads where he made a comment about why he doesn't post much here anymore.........Fact is, only reason he does is because he's an attention ho.....

I'm thinking he doesn't know how that bar works, it does not unload the tire like convential bars do.

Re: new best 60' - 10/26/11 02:36 AM

Quote:

If you dont like what i do shut your pie hole! An if id ask for anyones advise i sure the bell dont want yours!! Oh wait your "KING"

Truth hurts, doesn't it? Anyone that knows me knows I haven't typed anything I wouldn't say to your face..... No, you're KING.....it took you years and years of not listening and then finally going to another engine builder to get that thing into the 8's.....

Quote:

Yes Ben you have helped me alot. You give me great advise an i have applied alot of it. Im sure that all the gains we have made are becouse your experince with fast cars down the track!! Ya one of these days ill send you a graph..lol

It's funny that you respect Ben's advice, when, if you read between the lines, he's agreed with me.....

Quote:

He is (admittedly) going about things differently than some would wish,.....

Quote:

I'm thinking he doesn't know how that bar works, it does not unload the tire like convential bars do.

If it's some new trick bandaid, you're right, I haven't seen anything about it........

EDIT......I just looked it up on Cal-Tracs site.....It's amazing what people will bolt on their car when they don't understand how to fix their suspension the right way.... It'll be interesting to see them on an SS/AH car.......

BTW......The only reason I commented in this attention ho thread was because my comments in your other attention ho thread were brought up...
Posted By: ro23car

Re: new best 60' - 10/26/11 02:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Truth hurts, doesn't it? Anyone that knows me knows I haven't typed anything I wouldn't say to your face..... No, you're KING.....it took you years and years of not listening and then finally going to another engine builder to get that thing into the 8's.....

Quote:

It's funny that you respect Ben's advice, when, if you read between the lines, he's agreed with me.....

Quote:

He is (admittedly) going about things differently than some would wish,.....

Quote:

If it's some new trick bandaid, you're right, I haven't seen anything about it........

EDIT......I just looked it up on Cal-Tracs site.....It's amazing what people will bolt on their car when they don't understand how to fix their suspension the right way.... It'll be interesting to see them on an SS/AH car.......

BTW......The only reason I commented in this attention ho thread was because my comments in your other attention ho thread were brought up...

im not sure but i dont think i have read where you have offered any advice. if you have i missed it but 1.25@3400 i think is very respectable,i wold be happy my my ride would do that.
Posted By: Labratt

Re: new best 60' - 10/26/11 03:21 AM

3500 LBS.!!! I'd say pretty darn respectable! Congrats,Shawn!
Posted By: moparniac

Re: new best 60' - 10/26/11 04:14 AM

Big Squeeze! I think everyone undestands how he is! (I am the same way at sometimes myself when frustrated) but IMO you make yourself look worse by keep bashing him! (just sayin man )it's his ride let him roll the way he wants... it's working for him let him enjoy
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: new best 60' - 10/26/11 07:14 AM

http://www.4secondsflat.com/CalTracs%20Wheelie%20Bars.htm

use this link to see Calverts wheelie bars installed on his car. they work the same way the AJE's do, push down on the rearend/not unload the tires. i would like to see someone duplicate the AJE's, but made of chromemoly tubing, not aluminum.

Re: new best 60' - 10/26/11 01:23 PM

Quote:

im not sure but i dont think i have read where you have offered any advice. if you have i missed it but [Email]1.25@3400[/Email] i think is very respectable,i wold be happy my my ride would do that.

Here ya go......... Click here........and go down about 6 posts......he never even replied... all he writes is "I remember why i quit posting an coming here now.".....which is a bash to people on here that are trying to help him.......I still can't figure out why he's "coming here" again.....

Quote:

Big Squeeze! I think everyone undestands how he is! (I am the same way at sometimes myself when frustrated) but IMO you make yourself look worse by keep bashing him! (just sayin man )it's his ride let him roll the way he wants... it's working for him let him enjoy

I rarely bash anyone......mainly WannaBeSuperStockRacer and PurpleEddie......and now 572OnTheBumperAndBounceLikeTiggerButNowAWheelieBarStoppedThat....(which, if you haven't noticed, happen to be the three biggest attention ho's in Moparts history)....and like I said.....I wasn't going to say anything in this thread, until someone brought up my comments in the other post..... I'm just saying what a LOT of people are thinking....

Re: new best 60' - 10/26/11 10:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

im not sure but i dont think i have read where you have offered any advice. if you have i missed it but [Email]1.25@3400[/Email] i think is very respectable,i wold be happy my my ride would do that.

Here ya go......... Click here........and go down about 6 posts......he never even replied... all he writes is "I remember why i quit posting an coming here now.".....which is a bash to people on here that are trying to help him.......I still can't figure out why he's "coming here" again.....

Quote:

I rarely bash anyone......mainly WannaBeSuperStockRacer and PurpleEddie......and now 572OnTheBumperAndBounceLikeTiggerButNowAWheelieBarStoppedThat....(which, if you haven't noticed, happen to be the three biggest attention ho's in Moparts history)....and like I said.....I wasn't going to say anything in this thread, until someone brought up my comments in the other post..... I'm just saying what a LOT of people are thinking....

© 2024 Moparts Forums