Moparts

Billet Meetering block questions

Posted By: Moparnut426

Billet Meetering block questions - 10/24/11 01:28 PM

I bought them from Quick fuel. They came without any emulsion bleeds in them, they are threaded, and will take air bleeds. The set came with 6 extra bleeds, they are 4 39s, and 2 55s. Do I just put them on as is with whats inn them for air bleeds and try it, or should I call Quick fuel and ask them what they recomend for my engine specs?

I just hate sitting on hold for a long time only to get, "just stick them inn and try it"

Thanks guys

Kasey
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: Billet Meetering block questions - 10/24/11 01:35 PM

I'd call somebody that should know.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Billet Meetering block questions - 10/24/11 01:39 PM

True, Probly the smart thing to do.

Kasey
Posted By: bumps440

Re: Billet Meetering block questions - 10/24/11 09:15 PM

look at the bottom of the emulsion holes, there is usually a fixed hole size to start with. then if you need to change anything you can use the screw in bleeds. they are usually around .028 or so.
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: Billet Meetering block questions - 10/24/11 09:36 PM

Are they the red blocks? Do they have 3 or 4 emulsion holes? Also what blocks are you replacing? Stock Holley?

The blocks do have fixed emulsion holes and you should not need to adjust anything emulsion wise. What you will most likely want to do is increase jet size maybe 2 -3 steps rich when replacing and tune from there. With more emulsion more air in the mixture. (This is if you are going from stock holley blocks that have 2 fixed emulsion holes.)
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Billet Meetering block questions - 10/24/11 10:49 PM

i agree with 3040. make the call. u need a starting point. just guessing won't make it rite. give them all ur specs- cam,gear,tranny,heads etc. stay safe, seeya.
© 2024 Moparts Forums