My home-town boys getting it DONE !

They are bad azz toys!
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 03:47 AM

sounds like he was hitting the chip right at the end too

Russ
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 03:56 AM

Whats amazing is Joe average can walk into a Ford dealership, order a GT with auto, a 624 hp Ford blower kit installed before delivery (ya lose the warranty though)all for about $36,000 , put some slicks on it and go run tens! Life is good and getting better for performance buffs.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 12:55 PM

Impressive indeed.

But, I'm too much of a hard head. If I've a choice, I'm taking a Drag Pak Challenger. Either way, I don't see it as a choice I'm going to face anytime real soon.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 01:37 PM

Quote:

Whats amazing is Joe average can walk into a Ford dealership, order a GT with auto, a 624 hp Ford blower kit installed before delivery (ya lose the warranty though)all for about $36,000 , put some slicks on it and go run tens! Life is good and getting better for performance buffs.

amazing, isnt it Greg....even back in our day, you could go to Dealers like GrandSpaulding Dodge, Nickey Chevrolet, Baldwin Chevy, Yenko Chevy and all the Ford guys like Tasca and have a car built...but if you averaged the money and value compared to todays cars...its hard to believe that just a blower that fits makes all that Horse Power compared to when engines had to be completely torn down and built just to run 10's..

best bang for the buck...no doubt...
Posted By: W8n2DustU

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 01:43 PM

That's flat out getting it done there. Is that the new factory Lenco there he's shifting?
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 01:51 PM

Quote:

Impressive indeed.

But, I'm too much of a hard head. If I've a choice, I'm taking a Drag Pak Challenger. Either way, I don't see it as a choice I'm going to face anytime real soon.

Yep, I love Mopars, too. Maybe they will step up to the plate with something competitive that Joe average can buy and run in the tens for the same $$! The rumor mill has a twin turbo 560 hp camaro(?) comiing out in 2013, and a Shelby 500 with 620 Hp as the STARTING POINT for the Shelby lineup.
On top of that, the 5.0 motor with forged internals has a proven 150,000 to 200,000 mile life span running at 7500 rpm. (Boss 302 motor). Ya think that one will make some power with more boost?
Ma Mopar better get it in gear fast!
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 03:26 PM

170 MPH, I'm impressed. I wonder how far away from being Super Stock Legal it is. I'm sorry to the Mopar Faithful. But Ford Flat knows how to get it done in the performance department. Everything from the home camp seems to fall short. The Challenger is a beautiful car, but it needs to go on about a 500 pound diet to be competitive IMO

The Cobra Jets
"Terminator" Cobras
New Boss 302's

Heck even just a base model Mustang GT is a set of sticky tires and a $300 plug in tuner away from being an 11 second car.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 03:33 PM

Quote:

This might be more than enough to pull one over there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CxhzWhXc3U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's at my home track , looked at a few of the clips and it seems they have a hard time keeping it straight ?
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 03:35 PM

Quote:

Everything from the home camp seems to fall short. The Challenger is a beautiful car, but it needs to go on about a 500 pound diet to be competitive IMO

Yeah, and a supercharger might help!
Posted By: blowndart

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 04:11 PM

Quote:

The rumor mill has a twin turbo 560 hp camaro(?) coming out in 2013,

It's actually a supercharger and it on the ZL1 Camaro. I believe its the same one off the Corvette or Caddy. Dodge really need a supercharger or turbo on their Challenger. The shelby makes more power (550) and has better fuel economy (doesn't have the gas guzzler tax)than the SRT Challenger. My next car will most likely be a GT500.

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 04:23 PM

That Tasca Mustang is a pure race car, as are the CJ drag offerings and the drag paks. I seriously doubt you'll see an out of the box, 9 second CJ down at McDonald's.

None of them are designed for good gas mileage, or for 100K "carefree" miles down the highway. Personally, I couldn't care less how street freindly any of them are. Even if they were, you could count on one hand the number of folks buying them for normal street duty.

The supercharger is the difference, but, the Drag Paks hold their own at a competitive price, if one is looking for a "factory" race car.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 05:37 PM

The new 5.0l Supercharged cars are bad balls. Last time I was at the track 2 guys were running mid 10's in full street trim. Both stick cars with loaded interiors driven to and from the track. Very impressive. I have yet to see a Challenger, even a S/C model come close to those numbers w/o a bunch of modifications.
Posted By: 383man

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 05:40 PM

It is amazing how much power that small V/8 will make when supercharged. I remember in the 60's and 70's it seemed like none of the muscle cars were supercharged or turbocharged as we just loved the NA torque monsters but they have them working so well today its just crazy how much more power it gives the eng. Ron
Posted By: dartman366

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 05:49 PM

just makes my heart go pitter patter seeing as how I am an old Ford guy that got converted, don't get me wrong I love my Mopars but the Ford's have a special place in my heart,,now flame on.
Posted By: beatgoeson

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 06:40 PM

Does this mean the new Cobra Jet package race cars will un-seat the 68 SS/A HEMI a-bodies at the top of the heap? Is there a faster stock class now then the old Hurst SS Darts/Barrcuda's ?
Posted By: fishy340

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 08:16 PM

Quote:

They are bad azz toys!

um isn't Tasca from new england,i know his accent is
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 08:20 PM

Pretty sure Gumby is a Georgia transplant.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 10:48 PM

Quote:

If you go that route, I got first dibs on your Cuda!!!

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 10:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

They are bad azz toys!

Yes they are in Rhode Island , Gumby used to live up here.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 11:22 PM

Quote:

Does this mean the new Cobra Jet package race cars will un-seat the 68 SS/A HEMI a-bodies at the top of the heap? Is there a faster stock class now then the old Hurst SS Darts/Barrcuda's ?

It will be the baddest non-GT class car. There are SS/GT cars faster than the Hemi's now, but nobody really cares.

FYI, John Gallina went 7.90's in SS/CS or something like that with a twin turbo V-6 Grand National a few years ago.

Tasca's car is admittedly not SS legal, but it is supposed to be "close".
Posted By: Voluster

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/24/11 11:54 PM

That Car rides for sure!!

Word is they want to get it to go 7's on SS then they were gonna take that motor combo to a EX pro stock or 4 link that car again word on the street

I've seen that car on my way to work the last couple of weeks. they rent the track on weds

Those guys put a ton of time and $$ to get that car to run that fast they are always at the track trying different stuff and lots of time on the chassis dyno changing stuff

Here's a pic of the hauler I caught going down the highway
Posted By: fishy340

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 12:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They are bad azz toys!

Yes they are in Rhode Island , Gumby used to live up here.

i was gonna say,thats a hell of a southern accent..lol
Posted By: mr_340

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 01:03 AM

SS/AA 8.52 159.25 09/11/10 Randy Hopkins - Scandia, MN
'10 Ford
SS/AH 8.22 162.72 11/28/10 Charlie Westcott - Parma, MI
'68 Plymouth

We already lost one Hemi guy to the dark side. I'm sure it's cheaper to build a CJ than to chase WC. These are the current records in the NHRA list.

I'm getting almost 1300 HP for 3390 pounds (legal SS weight of 3220 + 170 for the driver). That Eaton TVS supercharger has really good efficiency, around 70-75% at the peak efficiency. Too bad they don't make a rotor kit for a 6-71.

Attached picture 6886851-TVSR1900SuperchargerMap.gif

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 01:31 AM

Think about this...it only took someone 41 years to get in the same sandbox as the 68 Cudas and Darts. And, they really haven't caught up yet.

Not being sure, but I'd bet the money put into the Tasca Mustang we started the conversation with rivals with the r&d of Larry Morgan's PS program....just sayin'.

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 02:28 AM

Steve, I'm thinking if DORF hadn't built the CJs, would Chrysler had built the DP Challengers, or made them more than one year? I think the competition is good for all the brands as it causes a lot of interest (and unrest for the existing Stock and SS racers). The 500 HP Moosetang engine is now factored at 576 in the 2010 Moosetang. The HP factors are getting closer to reality, but still not quick enough for the class racers.
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 04:21 AM

Fred I get it!!!!! The Mopar old timers have killed the good times.I've been looking for a used Challenger for some time now.But what the hell the people want what a brand new is.This is the Dodge place and people on the net.You can't have a car for 2 years and get what the HELL you paid for it!!!! As for the Drag Pak cars what a joke.When Mopar first came up with the idea I was in line to sell all my cars and get one.Then the finals car out on the car!!! All they did was give the rich dicks something to buy.Where are all the Drag Pak cars?In storage so some guy can sell it in 20 years!!! Really I see only 5 or 6 cars that are raced!!!

So I can walk in the Ford place and get a car that is faster for less money.That is a no brainer.The new 5.0 has a great sound stock.The Challenger sounds like my wife's Durango.The Ford people dont have there head up their A$$es.

Hey Dodge you are in the the new car market,not sell a few cars to old men how never drive them because they think they will be worth more money in 20 years market!!!!!
Give me a stripped down Challenger for $25,000 and you will be the baddest car company in the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the RANT but been holding it in for sometime!!!!
Lenny
Posted By: ProSport

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 12:01 PM

I've raced Mopars my whole life but I just went to the dark side Saturday. Intercooled Kenne Bell Supercharger, Viper 6 speed manual, Brembo, Mach stereo, electric windows, adjustable suspension. Most fun car I've ever driven and my wife and son love it! No time to race anymore so now we can cruise together every day.
I love the Challengers too, just cant find this kind of package though at this price.

I'll attach photo later, its not working from my phone

Attached picture 6887481-IMAG0301.jpg

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 04:39 PM

Quote:

Give me a stripped down Challenger for $25,000. Lenny

I bought a 2009 Challenger SE for $22,500 with Employee Pricing, 0% financing and Lifetime Warranty. It's a lowly V6 and only one option, satellite radio. Dodge doesn't make them that cheap anymore. The older G-package is now standard and costs are $25k and up. I wanted an R/T, but couldn't justify the extra $10k.
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 05:02 PM

See that is the hole ponit.Before I buy a V6 anything I will go get a new Mustang!!!!!!!!!

A V6 is like going to the strip club and setting beside your buddy that gets lap dances!!!!! Never as good as the real thing!!!!!
Posted By: blowndart

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 05:10 PM

Quote:

See that is the hole ponit.Before I buy a V6 anything I will go get a new Mustang!!!!!!!!!

A V6 is like going to the strip club and setting beside your buddy that gets lap dances!!!!! Never as good as the real thing!!!!!

Posted By: B G Racing

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 05:22 PM

Quote:

Going to the "dark side" you've been there for a long time,and I'am not talking cars.

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 06:15 PM

Quote:

I think he bought the V6 to turn it into a drag car ??

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 06:23 PM

Jim, you are probably right, but I think the Drag Pak Challenger was on the boards for a long, long time. Didn't David Hakim and his pals play with the prototype at the SEMA show a few years back?

I don't know how many are being "stored", but there is a pile of them racing. Indy was overun with them, from Teuton's 360 to Thomas' V-10. There were a bunch of Hemis, and I know that Cary Bales and some of them sat out because some of the others were flat flying.

Personally, they all have put a breath of fresh air into NHRA racing. I couldn't give a rat's butt about the fuel/Pro programs, but SS, especially Hemi SS, and these upper Stock classes are really interesting now with the Drag Paks/CJ's being around.

The CJ's are in the process of getting absolutely hammered with hp, the Hemis are also getting some. It will all work out.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 06:32 PM

Quote:

V6 Mustang runs 13.6's in the 1/4 not too many R/T challey's can pull those numbers.

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 08:56 PM

Ok I got the other photo attached, here's another.

Attached picture 6888108-IMAG0299.jpg

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 08:56 PM

Last one...

Attached picture 6888109-IMAG0300.jpg

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/25/11 11:02 PM

Quote:

There were a bunch of Hemis, and I know that Cary Bales and some of them sat out because some of the others were flat flying.

I talked to Cary at 41 the weekend before Indy. He said they woiuld sit out because they had been hit so much they didn't think .7 under would even qualify. (It would have) He also said the DP cars make terrible bracket cars when they are on kill. (Like most any stocker on kill)

Quote:

The CJ's are in the process of getting absolutely hammered with hp, the Hemis are also getting some. It will all work out.

Yep. Some of the combo's are already SS only, and some are only 1 hit away.
Posted By: racerx

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/26/11 02:55 AM

Quote:

Fred I get it!!!!! The Mopar old timers have killed the good times.I've been looking for a used Challenger for some time now.But what the hell the people want what a brand new is.This is the Dodge place and people on the net.You can't have a car for 2 years and get what the HELL you paid for it!!!! As for the Drag Pak cars what a joke.When Mopar first came up with the idea I was in line to sell all my cars and get one.Then the finals car out on the car!!! All they did was give the rich dicks something to buy.Where are all the Drag Pak cars?In storage so some guy can sell it in 20 years!!! Really I see only 5 or 6 cars that are raced!!!

So I can walk in the Ford place and get a car that is faster for less money.That is a no brainer.The new 5.0 has a great sound stock.The Challenger sounds like my wife's Durango.The Ford people dont have there head up their A$$es.

Hey Dodge you are in the the new car market,not sell a few cars to old men how never drive them because they think they will be worth more money in 20 years market!!!!!
Give me a stripped down Challenger for $25,000 and you will be the baddest car company in the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the RANT but been holding it in for sometime!!!!
Lenny

Everyone has there own opinion but i would have to x2 chrysler needs to get there sh**t together

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/27/11 02:10 PM

I havent heard about any new Camaros in this late model super stock war, is anybody running one?
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/27/11 06:47 PM

Bob did you sell or trade the Dodge for the Cobra ? and who's chopper is that ...Zed's ?
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/27/11 06:50 PM

When I was young and dumb I used to be a Ford guy, then my friend showed me the light. Go towards the light! I'll never go back to the dark side again. Now that I see, I can never turn my back away! Now that I know, I believe no matter what they say!

Credit to POD for those that know.
Posted By: nhramark

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/27/11 08:11 PM

Quote:

Bob did you sell or trade the Dodge for the Cobra ? and who's chopper is that ...Zed's ?

"Zed's dead."

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/27/11 09:28 PM

Quote:

I traded the Dodge for the Cobra, at a dealership. The custom chopper is a friend of ours, he is Brennen's travel baseball coach. This was taken at a car show, a whopping 6 cars showed up for the show, 3 got trophies. I had my gorgeous Dodge there and my buddy had his awesome 502 Chevelle there, neither of us got trophies!!! LOL
Some bondo bucket car got one though, just one more thing that has made me tired of the race/car show stuff, I'm ready to cruise wherever I want to and just have fun!

Who is ZED?
Posted By: nhramark

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/27/11 10:30 PM

Quote:

Who is ZED?

Ever seen Pulp Fiction? (if not, rent it TONIGHT)

If you have, Zed is one of the guys at the pawn shop who have an epic run in with Bruce Willis, and an even more epic "run in" with Ving Rhames.

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/28/11 02:28 AM

I do need to rent that, I think I'm the only one on earth that hasn't seen it.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/28/11 03:20 AM

Quote:

I do need to rent that, I think I'm the only one on earth that hasn't seen it.

You need to see it.Not for youngsters.Trade the Cobra in for a Challenger next year.
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/28/11 06:23 AM

I've always been a old school mopar guy and always will be, but like prosport I too bought a Cobra this summer and haven't looked back. It's not as violently fast as my W5 440 demon but it certainly is THE most fun car I've ever driven. Faster than a new 6.4 srt8, it drives AWESOME and sounds like a million bucks, I'm now a ford mod motor fan for good reason. I'm not going to rush right out for any other Ford product but they certainly have they chit together with the performance sector.
Chrysler better not sit on their hands for too long, my 8 year old Cobra with $100 blower pulley is still more than enough car to humiliate the best chrysler has to offer today.
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/28/11 09:34 AM

I consider myself very lucky to have grown up in the 50's and 60's. By the early 60's new performance models seemed to appear nearly every month. A true gear head could only suit and marvel as the rode down the street. Nearly anywhere you looked there were 401’s, 406’s, 409’s, 396’s 413’s, 426’s, 421’s, 427’s. It was a lot to absorb and for some of us that made it difficult to form an alliance.
There were cars of every make that made me drool. Well at least until next month when it gets out done.
I use a CTS-V for my daily. Drive a 700 HP 6 speed Cadillac that will out handle and run a Z06 your product loyalty develops some limitations. There are times when the nameplate becomes invisible.
Posted By: 64HemiSavoy

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/28/11 10:24 AM

Quote:

I havent heard about any new Camaros in this late model super stock war, is anybody running one?

Yep....
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCPhoto.asp?ID=238837&Filter=Year2011#indextop
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/28/11 12:27 PM

Quote:

I've always been a old school mopar guy and always will be, but like prosport I too bought a Cobra this summer and haven't looked back. It's not as violently fast as my W5 440 demon but it certainly is THE most fun car I've ever driven. Faster than a new 6.4 srt8, it drives AWESOME and sounds like a million bucks, I'm now a ford mod motor fan for good reason. I'm not going to rush right out for any other Ford product but they certainly have they chit together with the performance sector.
Chrysler better not sit on their hands for too long, my 8 year old Cobra with $100 blower pulley is still more than enough car to humiliate the best chrysler has to offer today.

Nice to see guys finally appreciating mod motors, I worked for Zollner pistons in the 90's in the dyno lab and metallurgical area and had the chance to build a lot of 2 and 4 valve engines and put them through some serious dyno testing, my Ford friends scoffed back then when I tried to tell them the potential of the engine, it takes a different mind set but change is always difficult to accept,LOL!!
Joey
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/28/11 02:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Nice to see guys finally appreciating mod motors, I worked for Zollner pistons in the 90's in the dyno lab and metallurgical area and had the chance to build a lot of 2 and 4 valve engines and put them through some serious dyno testing, my Ford friends scoffed back then when I tried to tell them the potential of the engine, it takes a different mind set but change is always difficult to accept,LOL!!
Joey

I understand and agree....
for others..
as to mopar needing to step up.????
noone is handcuffing you...go get it done..
I dont recall any of the pioneers Waiting on the factory to make the moves for them..
just sayin..

chepast
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/28/11 02:34 PM

That new Coyote engine is a huge improvement, Direct injection in the future with make power adders even more worthwhile.

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/28/11 05:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yep....
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCPhoto.asp?ID=238837&Filter=Year2011#indextop

Boy, that Camaro sure is a fat, squat, ugly thing.
Posted By: mshred

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/28/11 08:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I traded the Dodge for the Cobra, at a dealership. The custom chopper is a friend of ours, he is Brennen's travel baseball coach. This was taken at a car show, a whopping 6 cars showed up for the show, 3 got trophies. I had my gorgeous Dodge there and my buddy had his awesome 502 Chevelle there, neither of us got trophies!!! LOL
Some bondo bucket car got one though, just one more thing that has made me tired of the race/car show stuff, I'm ready to cruise wherever I want to and just have fun!

Who is ZED?

you traded the yellow dodge in your sig for a cobra? yikes

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/31/11 02:42 AM

Yep, and I couldn't possibly be any happier. This car feels as strong on the street as my 9 second 69 Dart, gets 20 MPG and can be driven all day long.
I have my ideas of how I'm gonna build my next Mopar, but for now this thing is more fun than I've had in many years.
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/31/11 04:45 AM

Quote:

Yep, and I couldn't possibly be any happier. This car feels as strong on the street as my 9 second 69 Dart, gets 20 MPG and can be driven all day long.
I have my ideas of how I'm gonna build my next Mopar, but for now this thing is more fun than I've had in many years.

Thats The Bottom Line
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE *DELETED* - 10/31/11 07:54 PM

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/31/11 08:21 PM

I can't believe this thread is still going. Looking at it is like a train wreck, you know you shouldn't, but do anyway.

Personally, I'm not buying a Ford or Chev, or Toyota or Honda...I don't care....not interested. I race and drive Chrysler products, have done so for almost a half a century. That is why I visit this board.

If one of you guys want to go get a new Mustang, be my guest...couldn't care less. Then, go over to the Ford forum and talk about it.

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 10/31/11 08:26 PM

Quote:

If one of you guys want to go get a new Mustang, be my guest...couldn't care less. Then, go over to the Ford forum and talk about it.

agreed x1000

I hear enough mustang talk around my buddies, now i have to come on the mopar forums and read about it lol....sheesh
Posted By: A0M397X

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 11/01/11 01:51 PM

Hopefully no will scream but I came across this page for the new Camaro.

http://pprod.gmperformanceparts.gmgssm.com/Extras/sema2011/2012-copo-camaro-concept.jsp

Likes like old Mike at MPR has finished his work. Now that there will be 3 brands of these new SS cars, let the races and ball busting begin. I personaly think that this factory input into the drag race scene is all good. Then again, I don't own an old race car.

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 11/01/11 02:59 PM

Been there doing that.
I now spend 1/8th as much time here as I used to now, but not because I don't love mopars as much as I used to. I posted here because the post title called for it, you don't see my mustang posts anywhere else here do you?
For the people whining about having to hear about other brands of cars in this post... what did you think you were going to hear here? if it pizzes you off that bad, why come in and read it?

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 11/01/11 03:05 PM

The original post was about a real factory race car, not a bunch of street cars.

It does prove the point that Ford has more on the ball than Mopar or GM though.

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 11/01/11 10:27 PM

Quote:

Been there doing that.
I now spend 1/8th as much time here as I used to now, but not because I don't love mopars as much as I used to. I posted here because the post title called for it, you don't see my mustang posts anywhere else here do you?
For the people whining about having to hear about other brands of cars in this post... what did you think you were going to hear here? if it pizzes you off that bad, why come in and read it?

mainly because im mourning for the recently converted
Posted By: BradH

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 11/01/11 10:31 PM

Quote:

The original post was about a real factory race car, not a bunch of street cars.

Only to be jumped on by the "Oh, I've got a late-model Mustang, too!" crowd. Definitely NOT the same thing...

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 11/01/11 11:32 PM

I wonder why the COPO Camaro would put a Whipple supercharger on instead of the Eaton TVS style used in the Vette or Caddy? It looks like it will be SS only shortly after the debut. They are targeting AA and A/S.

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 11/02/11 01:47 AM

One of the 2010 CJ combos got hit after Vegas yesterday and is already into SS only.

Not taking that long at all is it?

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 11/02/11 03:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Only to be jumped on by the "Oh, I've got a late-model Mustang, too!" crowd. Definitely NOT the same thing...

My post may have strayed of topic of the original post... ok,fair enough...
Your post was simply a waste of time and effort as it only reiterated what had already been said by slantzilla- so was that any better than the "me too" mustang crowd posts?- just sayin'.....
Posted By: BradH

Re: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE - 11/02/11 04:08 AM

Quote:

Your post was simply a waste of time and effort...

As was your last reply. "Just sayin'..."
© 2024 Moparts Forums