Moparts

B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover?

Posted By: Cab_Burge

B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/22/11 01:50 AM

Who makes and sells the one piece aluminum oil pump cover to use with the Milidon external oiling systems? I thought it was either Mancini or Hughes, I looked at both web sites and can't find them I had placed a phone order for several of them and I wss told there on back order, that was in the spring or early summer, now I can't remember who makes and sells them
Posted By: Stanton

Re: B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/22/11 01:52 AM

Muscle Motors
Posted By: tboomer

Re: B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/22/11 02:19 PM

Cab...I agree with Stanton! I have a Muscle Motors on mine!

Re: B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/22/11 05:33 PM

Thanks guys, I'll call them Monday morning EDITED: I looked at there web site last night and din't find the covers, I just treid calling them with no luck so I will call them on Monday Thanks again
Posted By: rowin4

Re: B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/22/11 06:01 PM

Cab, I bought mine from Mancini, click on their site, do a [ milodon oil pump cover ] search, a number of them come up. Just choose your application.

Re: B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/22/11 10:01 PM

Quote:

Cab, I bought mine from Mancini, click on their site, do a [ milodon oil pump cover ] search, a number of them come up. Just choose your application.

I looked at Mancini site and only saw the Miiidon two piece covers or the Milidon single piece remote oil filter covers I have several of the Milidon brand covers but I want a single piece cover with the oil filter mount on it so I don't have to worry about blowing the gasket out on the Milidon covers using a stock oil filter mount on the front of the Milidon pump cover Thanks for the recommendation
Posted By: Cuda_70

Re: B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/22/11 10:32 PM

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/newbimioilpu.html

Re: B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/22/11 10:51 PM

Quote:

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/newbimioilpu.html

Thanks, I didn't see them
Posted By: blue_stocker

Re: B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/24/11 09:15 PM

Hey Cab, you might try these folks as well, Eclectic Innovation's cover one of the MOPARTS members had his machinist friend design and make a few years back, nice piece and it works well too! It can be used with a std Melling-type pump or the Milodon race unit. I don't know if he's still making them but the last address for him was (Ted Hauser) Ecelectic Innovation, 4525 E. Industrial 4P, Simi Valley, Calif. 93063

Attached picture 6886477-Picture1103.jpg
Posted By: Twin Turbo Mower

Re: B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/24/11 09:32 PM

I always used the milodon pump with a pump cover off a stock oil pump on it. The milodon pump had a -12 fitting but its in front of the pump not behind.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/24/11 11:12 PM

The Milodon rotor design is more prone to cavitation than the stock design. The Milodon pump is also more prone to drainback (without a doubt there will be posters who've never had that problem!).

The billet Milodon cover solves the gasket problem but other than pretty and "billet", what are you getting for $250 that the Muscle Motors cover doesn't give you for $100 ?!?!?
Posted By: Twin Turbo Mower

Re: B/RB/Hemi external oil sytem pump cover? - 10/25/11 03:14 AM

Nope never had a problem. My bearings all look new when I took my motor apart so no problem with the pump. As for the drain back my oil line goes above the pump with a 180 fitting into it so it cant drain back. I had an indy cover a few years back and had a 90 out of the back pointing up to prevent drain back as well.
© 2024 Moparts Forums