Moparts

Ways to distract a driver

Posted By: cudarex

Ways to distract a driver - 10/20/11 10:40 PM

Checkout the guy walking up on the left side.
This was last weekend in Tulsa.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtEQimikQhM
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/20/11 10:58 PM

LMAO...what a Richard...
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/20/11 11:01 PM

that's what u call an a--hole.stay safe,seeya.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/20/11 11:09 PM

hmm...someone needs a bottle of washer fluid, with the nozzle pointing out from the front of the car....give that guy a quick shot!

--just make sure it aims off to the side so you don't drive over your soapy water!
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/20/11 11:27 PM

Shoulda put the car in park, got out and thumped his @ss for that.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 12:19 AM

I dunno why he's bothering showing that tiny thing off.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 12:21 AM

Quote:

Shoulda put the car in park, got out and thumped his @ss for that.

FnA! I guess every track has a few jerks. The track I race at and the association I race with is very serious about their racing. Guarante he would have had his ass kicked immediately. Can't believe the track personnel didn't do something. I won't be racing there!
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 12:40 AM

beer
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 12:58 AM

Another reason why tracks really need to start keeping the water box/starting line clear.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 01:02 AM

Quote:

I dunno why he's bothering showing that tiny thing off.

You like big butts and you cannot lie?
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 01:05 AM

nope, the thing in the front
Posted By: sam64

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 01:18 AM

it was pretty much the last hoorah before the track closes possibly for good.normally that doesn't happen because big randy will get you by the nap of the neck if you don't have the proper arm band on.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 02:29 AM

"No really...I broke a heim and the car just darted off to the left"
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 02:38 AM

that is one of the things you have one of your fighting buddy take care of right after the race, knock his A--- out NO JERKS ALLOWED
Posted By: Randy..

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 02:45 AM

blowing your horn just before the last yellow works wonders.

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 03:02 AM

Better yet with the video call the cops and have his rear arrested for perversion Insist that they prosecute the pervert
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 04:04 AM

Quote:

blowing your horn just before the last yellow works wonders.

You better have a REAL LOUD horn... I'd have been at
WOT well before the last yellow and never heard it... LOL
that guy is a perv and should be arrested
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 10:45 AM

I did the horn trick at a Mustang vs Grand National event back when I had a Mustang. I was 1/2 second slower than the Grand National I had to run and I had to do something as this was heads up and ford was way behind. We staged and I threw the old Stang on the rev limiter and layed into the horn and since both cars weren't all that loud it worked. I got a massive holeshot but he pulled my headlights out about the mph lights. My smile and wave back in the pits was met with a grumpy stare.....one point for buick.

I think part of the problem was when that run was made it was about 4am from what I understand.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 02:49 PM

Well I thought it was kinda funny...Not very appropriate but funny none the less. Honestly I cannot see that bothering me at all. At that point I am pretty focused at the task at hand and am looking down track and at the tree.

What I dont get is all these people that need help getting in the lights. What the heck is up with that. Everyone seems to think they are racing a funny car these days with the starting line posse and getting lined up. I mean come on if you cant find the lights to stage your car maybe you need a new hobby
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 03:19 PM

Quote:

What I dont get is all these people that need help getting in the lights. What the heck is up with that. Everyone seems to think they are racing a funny car these days with the starting line posse and getting lined up. I mean come on if you cant find the lights to stage your car maybe you need a new hobby

Posted By: slippery440

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 03:23 PM

Quote:

Well I thought it was kinda funny...Not very appropriate but funny none the less. Honestly I cannot see that bothering me at all. At that point I am pretty focused at the task at hand and am looking down track and at the tree.

WELL SAID!!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 03:25 PM

Quote:

100%.... like they are putting on a show...
get the hell out of the way so they can stage... the
tracks I race at dont allow all those people at the
line or even near the burnout box... 1 person ONLY
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 03:29 PM

Quote:

For sure, I never wanted anyone even in my perifel vision when I staged.

What I found to be the biggest distraction is to be one of the quickest drivers in the country at the lights, which I was. It really shakes guys up.
Look me up in Nitro Joes records.
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 03:50 PM

A buddy of mine and a member on here has a mid 7 second daytona and he never needs any help getting lined up or staging. Hell he very seldom uses the chute at the big end. He hates repacking it.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 05:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree also. I know a few times I was rolling up to the line a tad fast and lit both lites by mistake. But they always give me enough time to back up and just turn the prestaged lite on first and then inch my way in. It most likely would not have bothered me as I am usually 100% focused on the tree and probably would not have seen him. I wonder if he was a goofy friend of his or something ? Ron
Posted By: dragram440

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 05:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree also. I know a few times I was rolling up to the line a tad fast and lit both lites by mistake. But they always give me enough time to back up and just turn the prestaged lite on first and then inch my way in. It most likely would not have bothered me as I am usually 100% focused on the tree and probably would not have seen him. I wonder if he was a goofy friend of his or something ? Ron

A friend of mine has a turbo car and was having a real hard time getting it staged and launched decent so on one run he pulled right in turned bolth bulbs on and got on the brake and the other guy got staged they ran the pass and they guy in the other lane came over yelling at him in our pits saying he was a jack hole for double bulbing him. Even though the other guy wins this event almost every year and won that round.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/21/11 07:04 PM

Quote:

Another reason why tracks really need to start keeping the water box/starting line clear.

Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/22/11 12:19 AM

Quote:

A buddy of mine and a member on here has a mid 7 second daytona and he never needs any help getting lined up or staging. Hell he very seldom uses the chute at the big end. He hates repacking it.

he could prolly dip into the sixes if he had help lining up. prolly.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/22/11 12:59 AM

Quote:

I race solo every week....and that little red coffin ain't to easy to get in and out of
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/22/11 01:25 AM

Ways to distract a driver:

Put him in the other lane (not the one he was running all day).
Put the same dial-in on your car as his (you can run faster).
If he likes to stage first, you stage first.
If he likes to stage last, you stage last.
Ask him if he has a "stripe taker" and he will wonder if you do.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/22/11 01:27 AM

Quote:

Posted By: DaKuda

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/22/11 02:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/22/11 02:48 PM

After I put his buddy on the trailer I'd go punch him in the face. I take his girl friend home w/ me.

Re: Ways to distract a driver - 10/22/11 05:45 PM

Quote:

After I put his buddy on the trailer I'd go punch him in the face. I take his girl friend home w/ me.

You might not like his "girlfreind" He might be ugly and fat Perverts do weird things
© 2024 Moparts Forums