Moparts

Transmission driveshaft problems

Posted By: Cape

Transmission driveshaft problems - 10/16/11 07:39 AM

My problem is that I have the drive shaft disconnected at the rearend but the dam thing won't slide out at the transmission side. It's a 833 tranny and it's never done this before. I can't figure it out. Thanks
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Transmission driveshaft problems - 10/16/11 07:58 AM

Give it a good yank,most 4 speed yokes have a air bleed hole in the cap at the ujoint automatics don't and some times the suction makes it difficult to pull out,or maybe there is a slight twist to the splines.Try and work it back and forth a little or take a block of wood and a big hammer at smack it at the ujoint.
Posted By: Lee446

Re: Transmission driveshaft problems - 10/16/11 09:52 PM

As said, when you get it off, look carefully for twisted splines, Just went through this and replaced the slip yoke.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Transmission driveshaft problems - 10/16/11 09:56 PM

Quote:

Give it a good yank,most 4 speed yokes have a air bleed hole in the cap at the ujoint automatics don't and some times the suction makes it difficult to pull out,or maybe there is a slight twist to the splines.Try and work it back and forth a little or take a block of wood and a big hammer at smack it at the ujoint.

wack it with a wood block and HAMMER

Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Transmission driveshaft problems - 10/16/11 10:19 PM

Throw cold water on it.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Transmission driveshaft problems - 10/16/11 11:16 PM

Quote:

Throw cold water on it.

spoken from experience.
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: Transmission driveshaft problems - 10/17/11 01:49 AM

Quote:

As said, when you get it off, look carefully for twisted splines, Just went through this and replaced the slip yoke.

X2 with a friends car recently. Spicer yoke had twisted splines that jammed when moving the DL forward after unbolting from rear end. It now has an OE 7290 yoke. This is a smallblock car too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums