Moparts

SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION?

Posted By: Labratt

SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/08/11 11:50 PM

Has anyone installed these seats in place of your OEM buckets? Could you tell me what you used for the mounting brackets..how tall they were,and possibly some pictures? I bought one seat a while back,but haven't gotten around to install it yet! If I like it...I'll buy another one to go with it. Didn't want to return 2 seats,if I end up not liking them! Thanks in advance for the info....and hopefully pictures! Randy B.

Attached picture 6862346-SUMMITSPORTSEAT-SUM-G1159-2.jpg

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/09/11 03:32 PM

NO ONE??? These seats are basically the same as the ProCar version,which are also sold through Summit..and Jeg's.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/09/11 03:39 PM

I got a similar seat From Thumperdart to put in the 72. I love them but I was able to use the brackets that the previous owner had used when he installed the prior after market seats. No idea what they came out of.

I was looking at the Summit brand seats till I saw a few of them in the clearance area of the Tallmadge store all with broken mechanisms where the seat would not stay upright.
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/09/11 03:47 PM

Quote:

NO ONE??? These seats are basically the same as the ProCar version,which are also sold through Summit..and Jeg's.

Don't they sell the brackets and sliders?
I saw them on there for my dakota and those are the seats I am about to order also.

Might want to check again jsut to make sure. I know they have them for mine.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/09/11 05:05 PM

Quote:

I got a similar seat From Thumperdart to put in the 72. I love them but I was able to use the brackets that the previous owner had used when he installed the prior after market seats. No idea what they came out of.

I was looking at the Summit brand seats till I saw a few of them in the clearance area of the Tallmadge store all with broken mechanisms where the seat would not stay upright.

By the way, how do you like those Bill?

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/09/11 05:14 PM

I don't get to sit in em much

Gina and Dad love them though

In nut shell, They're awesome and rank up ther with one of the best moves I made with the car.

Thanks
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/09/11 05:26 PM

I think 572Charger ( Jim Pranis ) might run those seats ? not sure....

Personally I like these,,,going to install a set,,you might have to order them in green for the GTX though.. lol

Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/09/11 05:27 PM

That`s great..............

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/09/11 07:19 PM

Doogie...ya wize azz! Actually,might have to get them in Honolulu Blue and Silver(Detroit Lions colors)if they keep up their winning ways! How would the X look in silver..with a blue and black racing stripe down the middle?(emulating their helmets) Naw...better stick with GREEN! Still haven't decided which shade yet! maybe this??? Rallye Green!

Attached picture 6863392-PROJECTSIXPACK-RALLYGREEN.jpg
Posted By: ProSport

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/09/11 08:04 PM

That's an awesome shade of green^^^^.

I like those summit seats, they're down to $134 now, if my car doesn't sell soon it's getting those seats. The seats that Summit puts on clearance are normally the seats they've had on display, thousands of people sit in them and try to break them and usually succeed LOL.

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/09/11 08:09 PM

If it had been just one seat sitting there I probably would have thought the same thing. But there were 4 or 5 of them all at the same time.

Just enough to make me reconsider and go with something else. Didn't want to take the risk if it was a "bad batch" or something and have it break on my wife during a pass
Posted By: ProSport

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/09/11 08:58 PM

Good point, I just want to use them in the street car, they tilt forward so when I cut the cage out and add a back seat it will be easy to get in and out. I cruise this thing every nice day, here's a pic from today.

Attached picture 6863525-IMAG0257.jpg

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/10/11 01:51 AM

Nice pic,Bob! Looks like a REAL NICE stretch of road to cruise! I'm thinking of putting a survey on GREEN color choices for the GTX in this section...betcha one of the mods will move it to the general section,where I won't get responses from the people I ACTUALLY know! I'll give it a shot any way! BTW....didn't know you were selling your '64'! Looks like a real nice ride!
Posted By: Randy..

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/10/11 02:03 AM

Quote:

I'm thinking of putting a survey on GREEN color choices for the GTX in this section...betcha one of the mods will move it to the general section,where I won't get responses from the people I ACTUALLY know! I'll give it a shot any way!

Randy it will, i asked the same about my Valiant a few weeks ago, and it got moved to general, so i just deleted it.

Re: SUMMIT SPORT SEAT INSTALLATION? - 10/10/11 02:10 AM

Thanks for the heads-up,Randy! That's TOTAL BS! Just because it's NOT race-related...if you frequent the RACE section,as much as I do...it should be left in the RACE section...where people ACTUALLY know you! I've put stuff in the General section before..with very little response!
© 2024 Moparts Forums