Moparts

tranzact valve body

Posted By: mod381

tranzact valve body - 10/01/11 05:38 AM

Can you tell me any good or bad about tranzact valve bodies? I am looking at a manual valve body with low band apply. The price on it is good but i have not heard much about them,any experience with them would be helpfull. Thanks
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/01/11 11:30 AM

I can't speak for the manual valve body but I bracket race with a 20 year old Trazact bracket trans brake vb. This is the external solenoid type and it has been very consistent and reliable.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/01/11 05:08 PM

I have run several of there Trans Brake VB's. Both there Pro Brake(Hold button to activate R) and there Pro street brakes.
They are top notch, this question gets asked on here every so often, and never read a single bad report on there stuff.
Joe is good people too.
Posted By: ALKYW5DART

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/01/11 07:46 PM

BOUGHT HIS 727 TRANS WITH BRAKE FOR 1500.00 BEST THING I EVER DID
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/01/11 10:36 PM

I have his protree trans with alum drum. But no hits on it yet
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/02/11 01:23 AM

Quote:

I have run several of there Trans Brake VB's. Both there Pro Brake(Hold button to activate R) and there Pro street brakes.
They are top notch, this question gets asked on here every so often, and never read a single bad report on there stuff.
Joe is good people too.

Yeah I'm buying a clean neutral VB from him as soon as I have the funds. Times is tough right now.
Posted By: mod381

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/02/11 02:07 AM

Quote:

Times is tough right now.

It is everywhere and his valve body is 100 cheaper than all the other ones,that is why I am asking. It seems every time I use the cheaper stuff I get burned from it.
Posted By: Allan_G

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/02/11 02:17 AM

I run that MVB w/ low band apply. Works great. The only problem I had, and I relayed this to Joe after purchase, was that most of the screws were loose. Just make sure they're tight. This was roughly 8 years ago.
-Allan
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/02/11 02:19 AM

I got two of his pro transbrakes..never had a problem with them...

just ordered another brake a couple of weeks ago...

Joe is a very nice to chat with too...
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/02/11 02:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Times is tough right now.

It is everywhere and his valve body is 100 cheaper than all the other ones,that is why I am asking. It seems every time I use the cheaper stuff I get burned from it.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I've been burned by cheaper stuff too but like you, if I do my research I find I can save a few bucks and still get a quality product that's up to the job.
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/02/11 02:42 AM

I bought one that would hang up the 2-3 shift REAL bad. Turns out it was cracked --they did send a new one though..... but only after 3 MONTHS of "try this...try that " , when I told joe my trans was not the problem--it was fresh .

He is a Nice guy -- but it was nearly impossible to get anyone in that place to answer the phone over 3 months. Extremely frustrating !

I would buy stuff from them again ONLY IF THEY HIRE SOMEONE TO SIT THERE AND ANSWER THE PHONE DAILY.
Posted By: ETASPEN

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/02/11 03:29 AM

My Transact Brake trans works well...well enough that I'm moving it from my SB Aspen to my BB Dakota project with a little help from JW ultrabell!
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/02/11 04:32 PM

Tranzact pro-brake here.

Attached picture 6852465-RT66BracketRace031.jpg
Posted By: steeldust

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/02/11 05:32 PM

I run a brake in my roadrunner i raced for 15 years no trouble and now i have run a pro brake in my duster for 4 years tranzact is the only way to go . GOOD LUCK.

Attached picture 6852546-JUNEBOUNTYRACE.jpg
Posted By: Leon441

Re: tranzact valve body - 10/02/11 05:50 PM

I have run Turbo Action, slow releasing transbrake in comparison and required a stock filter to not have trouble with the small soleniod.

I have ran a couple Tranzact VB's. Better lights picked up a considerable ET improvement with the 2-3 shift.

Was pissed at Joe over something totally irrellevant and bought a A&A. Won a race toasting high gear clutches. Changed several things that Rick suggested. After several rebuilds including replacing a good case. I borrowed a Tranzact and had no problems. Rick suggested I still had tranny troubles. Never once offered to just send me a replacement VB with a return shipping on the bad one clause. I caved sense all my expensive drums were burned up and switched to a glide.

Seems things are common with the torqueflite performance parts manufacturers. Like hard to reach, hard to get warranty service. I have had trouble with Tranzact not having the neutral safety plastic on the VB and had to find my own a couple times. THIS SAID IF AND WHEN I NEED ANOTHER TORQUEFLITE VB I WILL CALL 317-846-4933 AND TALK TO JOE AT TRANZACT. His valve bodies win rounds at the track and will repeat the following weekend.

Leon
© 2024 Moparts Forums