Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 01:19 AM

tens with this combo??
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 02:01 AM

Yes 10.71@130mph with an automatic and 10.81@131mph stick

Attached picture 6845487-b4059bf6.jpg
Posted By: Blown61

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 02:02 AM

What is your combo if I may ask, and how much the car weigh??

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 02:17 AM

This red car here is a 505ci with 906 heads done by Dwyane Porter. It has stock six pack intake and exhaust manifolds. 14 to 1 compression and a big roller that I don't have the spec on but either Dwayne or Mike from HP motors could steer you in the right direction. The car has it's complete original suspension run on a six inch bias ply and weighs 3900 with driver. My son has put about three hundred and fifty passes on it and every year it get FASTER!

Attached picture 6845522-mopp_0801_15_z+weekend_mopar_heaven+a12_road_runner.jpg
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 02:19 AM

Is the block filled ? can it be street driven ?

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 02:21 AM

Quote:

This red car here is a 505ci with 906 heads done by Dwyane Porter. It has stock six pack intake and exhaust manifolds. 14 to 1 compression and a big roller that I don't have the spec on but either Dwayne or Mike from HP motors could steer you in the right direction. The car has it's complete original suspension run on a six inch bias ply and weighs 3900 with driver. My son has put about three hundred and fifty passes on it and every year it get FASTER!

Damn that is impresive. What size exhaust pipes off the manifolds??

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 02:28 AM

The block does have a pretty heavy fill but for some reason the thing does not get hot?? Water temp 180 and oil temp a little under two hundred. He has taken it to a local cruise half hour each way no issues.

My other son has a similar set up with 528 ci motor a little more compression and an automatic. Car can't go 10 miles with out hitting 200.

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 02:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

2 1/2 tti x pipes with ultra flows all the way out to the back

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 02:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the info
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 02:39 AM

I don't know what criteria you are using for the rest of the build, but I believe that with after market heads, a decent race weight (3800) and some tire, you can get into the 10s with a very streetable ride on pump gas.

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 03:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why didn't you go with the 3" exhaust with that big of a motta?

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 03:07 AM

Car was built for FAST rules. Exhaust must be the same size the car was delivered with.

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 03:08 AM

Quote:

Car was built for FAST rules. Exhaust must be the same size the car was delivered with.

Ah thanks.
Posted By: mosweethemi

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 05:51 AM

Hey On my 1970 six pack Road Runner I run stock exhaust manifolds and a H pipe with 3" and 40,s flowmaster all the way. Works great!Did any Mopars come with 2.1/2 exhaust? All of my big block cars I had was only 2.1/4 on them. Also my 1968 Hemi Road Runner
Posted By: HPMike

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 02:32 PM

Quote:

Hey On my 1970 six pack Road Runner I run stock exhaust manifolds and a H pipe with 3" and 40,s flowmaster all the way. Works great!Did any Mopars come with 2.1/2 exhaust? All of my big block cars I had was only 2.1/4 on them. Also my 1968 Hemi Road Runner

FAST rules allow 2.5" all the way out, but you are correct. Hemi headpipes were 2.5" though.

MB
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Stock hp exhaust manifolds, b body, anyone running in - 09/28/11 03:38 PM

Word to the guys who insist you HAVE to have 2" Primary headers and dual 3" exhausts

One Major 'trick' to running manifolds is you pretty much have to isolate the intake and exhaust events as much as possible (often by both reducing overlap and a late opening intake....i.e., very similar to an injected motor), so in a larger sense you intentionally lose/forfeit the overlap 'scavenging effect' so now you really have to make that intake runner work hard and breathe deep 'on its own'. The Exhaust really HAS to go out of the cylinder regardless and a restrictive manifold certainly adds resistence to the crank and to the opposing power stroke, but the high compression offsets that some as well by increasing the exhaust pressure and velocity.
© 2024 Moparts Forums