Moparts

Monster Mopars/Indy

Posted By: W7 Duster

Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/26/11 02:40 PM

Josh did a great job putting this together! Friday was tuff. Parked on Thur. came back on friday (after the rain) to find a huge motorhome parked directly in front of me 2 feet into my space. Could barely get my truck hooked up to my trailer. Swept water all day from my pit. Car ran like crap. Saturday was better. Rejetted, adjusted the tire pressure,ran a personal best 9.336 @ 142.56 1.27 60ft. .007 red in the box race, thats racing.
Will come back if it's in Indy!

Had a good time, worth the 800 mile tow!
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/26/11 03:30 PM

Announced on the PA Sunday morning. It will return to Indy. See you next year
Posted By: 440GTX

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/26/11 03:38 PM

Glad to meet you sorry no time to hang out next time for sure say hi to john for me going to shakedown if everything works out

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/27/11 12:54 AM

Quote:

Glad to meet you sorry no time to hang out next time for sure say hi to john for me going to shakedown if everything works out

You too Clinton. When you are racing you like to concentrate on the task at hand. I'll see B1 Johnny wed. See you at shakedown!
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/27/11 08:10 PM

For Mopar racers this will become THE BIG GO!!!
Great job to all involved!
1 constructive critisism ; more port-o-lets please.
This will make the panic driven walks/runs easier.
The rain wasn't your fault, so thanks for a great time. Don

Attached picture 6844996-indy07.JPG
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/27/11 08:14 PM

Plus IMHO Indy is a more central location.
There are a lot of Moparts members in OH, MI, and PA, that should like this trip better than the old location.
Thanks again, Don

Attached picture 6845001-Launch5-22-11.jpg
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/27/11 10:18 PM

we could start calling it "the big mo"
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/27/11 11:19 PM

Sounds like I will have to make the trip out.
Posted By: bodyworks racing

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/27/11 11:41 PM

Josh thanks for putting on a great event. the track the food the band well thought out . We will definitely blow off one of the "other" all mopar events to come back to Indy next year Terry and Dusty Bodyworks Racing

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/28/11 12:37 AM

Quote:

Attached picture 6845296-!cid_36D7D000-59A9-49CC-9F6C-E45DD9662479.jpg
Posted By: Allan_G

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/28/11 01:09 AM

Quote:

I like it, Josh! I was there Saturday as a spectator only (racing is on hold for a while), and I have to say you and everyone else, including the St. Louis MMW guys who probably don't get enough credit, did a superb job! I was hoping to meet you and thank you in person while walking through the pits during that loooong cleanup Sat. evening. I stopped and talked to your dad for a minute and he pointed me in your direction. I found you but you looked kinda busy talking to Bondo, so maybe I can thank you in person next year, and with a little luck I'll be there racing. Good to hear it will be back.
-Allan
Posted By: Hemi Joe 4911

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/30/11 02:02 AM

Josh - Great Job-Sorry about Mother Nature but you had no control over that. I would suggest that if the weather man predicts 100% chance of rain for Sunday that you run the Sunday program on Saturday and have the time trials and gamblers races on Sunday. Also would have appreciated our second NSS time trial on Saturday, then if the NSS group wants to have a gamblers race after that, be my guest. Had family and friends drive 7 hrs to see us run and did not get it done, they were greatly disappointed. Hope to see you in INDY next year. HEMI JOE
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 09/30/11 02:26 AM

Joe, the NSS "gamblers" race Saturday was being run by Doug Duell. The NSS guys who were "in" were using the 2nd Saturday run as a 1st round of eliminations. Those NSS racers choosing not to run the gambler race still got their 2nd run Saturday as a time run. I show 56 NSS cars making a second run on Saturday starting at 2pm, 44 were in the gambler.
Posted By: Hemi Joe 4911

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 10/02/11 08:00 PM

We asked Doug if we could use the first run in NSS on Saturday if we chose not to enter the $50.00 gamblers race and were told NO. I know of three NSS cars parked in our area that would have made the time run if we were able. Sorry we missed the opportunity. Maybe next year! HEMI JOE
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Monster Mopars/Indy - 10/03/11 12:32 AM

I'm sorry too. I'm glad you are going to come back next yeat though!
© 2024 Moparts Forums