Moparts

Clay City Southern Mopar event

Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/25/11 11:07 PM

This coming week end a great little track with good people running it, I think we should go since we have brought home there money for 3 years in a row. track hooks anyone else going?
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/25/11 11:31 PM

Going to try and make it ,,,,
Posted By: Moparmick

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 02:01 AM

Ill be there and so will my buddy
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 02:06 AM

Sure going to try....
Posted By: Frito

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 01:34 PM

If I can sell my tickets to the Lousiville vs Marshall football game I'm there Saturday. (Any takers)If not Sunday only.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 01:39 PM

Quote:

If I can sell my tickets to the Lousiville vs Marshall football game I'm there Saturday. (Any takers)If not Sunday only.

,,,you would rather go racing than support Marshall...!!!! Would like to go to MPR, but wife is watching the grandkids that weekend....if I could find somebody to go with me....maybe..
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 04:31 PM

Da Beast will be there.

Attached picture 6843132-6811895-100_7931.jpg
Posted By: sixpakx

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 06:11 PM

we,ll be there, selling alum radiators, t-shirt, and lots of new and used stuff
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 06:38 PM

Working hard at getting the Valiant ready. I need a driveshaft made by fri. Anyone know a guy?

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 08:13 PM

Quote:

Working hard at getting the Valiant ready. I need a driveshaft made by fri. Anyone know a guy?

It’s difficult to recommend any one local that can build you a drive shaft by Friday if we don’t know where Hot Rod Ridge is. There is a guy close to me that can do it in a day, but?

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 08:46 PM

My bad. I'm in Kentucky. How far is your guy from Nashville ?

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 09:12 PM

I'm in East TN 35 miles east of Knoxville.

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 10:20 PM

Quote:

I use Ferguson Drive shafts in Morristown TN. His number is (423) 586-1597. If you haven’t found any one local to you that can set you up for this weekend, give Ferguson a call and tell him the length and ends you need. If you call him in the morning he should have your shaft ready by Wed afternoon. I’ll pick it up and bring it to Clay City for you. I’ll be at the track when the gates open Friday afternoon.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/26/11 10:33 PM

Wow, da beast rocks
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/27/11 12:25 AM

Any one have a schedule for this event? I can't seem to get the tracks web site to work. Last year sat was all brands and sunday was Mopar only. Is this year the same?

Thanks,
Brian Dunnigan
Posted By: Moparmick

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/27/11 12:32 AM

cuda racer it's the same this year

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/27/11 12:33 AM

www.mpdragway.com sorry I don't know how to "link",,but this should get you there...
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/27/11 04:15 AM

Quote:

Hey Phillip, got any good deals on front wheels?
Posted By: sixpakx

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/27/11 12:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Phillip, got any good deals on front wheels?

lol, got a cpl pro stars
Posted By: 23T Hemmee

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/27/11 02:51 PM

Quote:

If you're closer to Nashville, try Clinards Drive Shaft, 522 4th Ave. South, 615-242-4253 or Dave's Driveshaft, 855 Elm Hill Pike, 615-242-0248
Posted By: Joes66dart

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/27/11 03:41 PM

We will be there running our 66 dart I think a few other guys from Team Mopar are coming down to.

Attached picture 6844681-100_6911.JPG

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/27/11 04:03 PM

I just checked the long range weather forcast for Clay City. If you are planning on sleeping in your race trailer like I am, be sure to bring warm bedding and a heater. The temperature is dropping down in to the mid thirties Friday and Saturday night.

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/27/11 05:10 PM

Thanks gents. I fired it last night. The local parts guy is putting me behind. I order'd a trans yoke last week and it's still not in so my odds are slim.

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/27/11 06:22 PM

I believe Ferguson may have a yoke in stock.
Posted By: Frito

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/27/11 08:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

,,,you would rather go racing than support Marshall...!!!! Would like to go to MPR, but wife is watching the grandkids that weekend....if I could find somebody to go with me....maybe..

Frito and the Chief will be there even If I have to eat the tickets. I plan on putting the Challenger in the car show Saturday and racing it Sunday. COME ON DOWN!!! You go right by my house on your way. We can meet up and go down together.
Posted By: Allan_G

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/28/11 12:46 AM

Quote:

I love racing at Clay City, but since racing is on hold for me for now, and I can't go anyway, I'm gonna watch The Ville beat up on Marshall! Hope y'all have a good time!
-Allan

Re: Clay City Southern Mopar event - 09/28/11 01:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Frito and the Chief will be there even If I have to eat the tickets. I plan on putting the Challenger in the car show Saturday and racing it Sunday. COME ON DOWN!!! You go right by my house on your way. We can meet up and go down together.

Still trying to work out some plans,,,"grandma" is tied up with the grand-kids. I am slowly getting her worked into the idea of me going alone,,she worries about "Pap-Paw" driving alone/at night..I'll do my best to make it there. What is the weather supposed to be like? I made several points today,,new hot water tank and plumbing installed(by myself)..she didn't need to be with me for that!! Thinking about leaving here Friday 'noonish' and getting in there that eveing and staying in the 'love-shack'(camper) to be ready Saturday/Sunday..I see they allow overnight camping, but no hook-ups. I don't need any hook-ups so should be OK I'm hoping..
© 2024 Moparts Forums