Moparts

Anybody remember this Dart?

Posted By: 75DART440

Anybody remember this Dart? - 09/23/11 04:58 AM

Just bought a 71 Dart that has been a drag car since 76. Car is school bus yellow with the word "MOPAR" on the doors above a pair of arms with bulging biceps and boxing gloves. There is a participant sticker from the 1998 Mopar Atlantic Nationals on the guage panel, but I understand the car came from New York. The story I got was that the car was/is well known, and supposedly ran 10.2? at 142 MPH. Seems like a bit of a stretch on the MPH for 10.20s. There are a pair of 360 emblems on the fenders, although the car was last raced with a built 440.

Just wanting to get a clearer story on this car's background before I have my way with it, LOL. Any help, recollections, action pics, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: RV2

Re: Anybody remember this Dart? - 09/23/11 08:30 PM

I remember the car from englishtown,couldn't tll you much about it but I do remember it was ugly!

Re: Anybody remember this Dart? - 09/24/11 01:16 AM

Yep, it sure is ugly! Did manage to get a crappy phone pic on my way to work this mornin. Car is at a friend's till I make some room.

Attached picture 6839368-DART.jpg

Re: Anybody remember this Dart? - 10/02/11 11:36 AM

Gee, not a lot of responses for a car that is supposedly "well known". Guessing nobody will miss seeing it in the current paint. Thinkin purple will look good.
Posted By: deaks

Re: Anybody remember this Dart? - 10/02/11 11:40 AM

Be nice to see a full size pic, one of my favourite paint jobs was the challenger called kryptonite.
Mick
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: Anybody remember this Dart? - 10/03/11 01:35 AM

Quote:

Yep, it sure is ugly! Did manage to get a crappy phone pic on my way to work this mornin. Car is at a friend's till I make some room.

It's got a "yo, Adrian" quality about it...
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Anybody remember this Dart? - 10/03/11 03:10 AM

Quote:

Gee, not a lot of responses for a car that is supposedly "well known". Guessing nobody will miss seeing it in the current paint. Thinkin purple will look good.

Who says its well known what was it running
ET wise
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Anybody remember this Dart? - 10/03/11 06:08 AM

Quote:

It could have been well known at the time for that area, but you have to remember, a lot of us guys on this site have been racing for only 10 or 15 years.
© 2024 Moparts Forums