Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock

Posted By: MOPARCHAS

Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/23/11 12:07 AM

AJ's new Jerry Haas built Pro Stock

Attached picture 6837976-johnson_new_car.jpg
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/23/11 12:12 AM

Car looks sweet!! Thanks for posting!!

AJ does not look real happy that you are taking pics of it though?
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/23/11 12:15 AM

until they get someone to help out in chassie adj same ol same ol
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/23/11 12:24 AM

He has a Facebook Page and says it will be @ Dallas..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Allen-Johnson-Racing/100464253346311

Chris..
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/23/11 07:08 PM

Quote:

ditto.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/23/11 07:42 PM

Maybe you guys should volunteer your expertise.
Posted By: MRMOPAR

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/23/11 08:30 PM

Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/23/11 08:48 PM

Wow.....it got quiet after that comment!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/23/11 09:02 PM

Quote:

They're just pointing out the obvious. How many times have you saw that car not go down the track? Several. How many times have you seen the Sumitt cars not go down the track? Not many.

I love Mopars, always have, but there is no denying AJs car is behind on the clutch and chassis setup. It makes good power and he's doing great on the tree, they're just a little off.

And no I can't fix it, it's like looking at a non working TV. I know it's not working, but I can't tell you why .
Posted By: 440dart

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/23/11 09:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

They're just pointing out the obvious. How many times have you saw that car not go down the track? Several. How many times have you seen the Sumitt cars not go down the track? Not many.

I love Mopars, always have, but there is no denying AJs car is behind on the clutch and chassis setup. It makes good power and he's doing great on the tree, they're just a little off.

And no I can't fix it, it's like looking at a non working TV. I know it's not working, but I can't tell you why .

That pretty much sums it up
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/24/11 02:15 AM

Quote:

A Haas car is more forgiving than an RJ piece. They will have better a better package with this chassis. I do not know if it willbe as fast as the old car could be at times but from my experience Jerry's cars have a wide tuning window. For you doubters look at what KJ did last weekend with his new Haas car. Nothing like new tubing.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/24/11 02:15 AM

My personal opinion is Mark Ingersoll does a good job. Does he have the notes and experience that other chassis guys have? No, he doesn't. Will he? Yes, I believe he will. I would like to see them bring on some body like Mike Sullivan but we all know that will never happen.
Posted By: Joesixpack

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/24/11 02:43 AM

Right Lane: Allen Johnson Runs 6.581/210.44, Now #5
Best prior run: 6.604/210.41, Was #9
This was a great side-by-side drag race...Johnson gets into the top half of the show with a great pass. Allen Johnson's incremental times: 60ft-0.991 sec., 330ft-2.763, 660ft-4.237/167.07 mph, 1,000ft-5.511.

Attached picture 6839547-fri11.jpg

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/24/11 02:47 AM

after 2 runs today.....in Dallas
1. Jason Line Summit Racing Equipment GXP 6.553@ 211.20&
2. Greg Anderson Summit Racing Equipment GXP 6.559 210.67
3. Mike Edwards Penhall/K&N/Interstae GXP 6.568 211.03
4. Vincent Nobile Mountainview Tire Avenger 6.574 210.67
5. Ronnie Humphrey Genuine Hot Rod Hardware GXP 6.575 209.88
6. Allen Johnson Mopar/J & J Racing Avenger 6.581 210.44
7. Erica Enders ZaZa Energy Cobalt 6.587 209.98
8. V. Gaines Kendall Oil Avenger 6.590 210.01
9. Greg Stanfield Nitrofish GXP 6.595 209.30
10. Ron Krisher Valvoline GXP 6.602 210.54
11. Kurt Johnson Total Seal GXP 6.604 209.17
12. Rodger Brogdon The Edge GXP 6.605 209.46
--------- Not Qualified ---------
13. Steve Kent Kent Trucking & Services GXP 6.608 209.10
14. Warren Johnson K&N Filters GXP 6.608 209.04
15. Chris McGaha Elite Motorsports GXP 6.610 209.17
16. Larry Morgan Lucas Oil/Summit Mustang 6.626 209.23
17. Shane Gray Service Central GXP 6.658 208.46
18. Paul Pittman Twist & Shout Racing Cobalt 6.755 205.04
@ = Track ET Record
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/24/11 05:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you.
Posted By: SCDaytona

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/24/11 12:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey, I can fix TV's. Now we just need a Pro Stock chassis and clutch guy. LOL
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/24/11 02:24 PM

A couple of basic Q's ferr-U PS fans ....

Whatever happened to Don Ness ? ...what is the cost of a PS-roller currently ? and which chassis builder is the leader of the pack these days?
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/24/11 02:32 PM

Ness hung up the torch and helmet from what I hear.........he is a local guy , but his fame/ pricing put him out of most everyone I knows reach. I saw a soft tail sportster he did a couple years ago...........he is a magician in my opinion.
He did more than just cars and was damned good at what ever he did.
He was pretty generous with helping guys with their set ups according to people I know too.
He was one of few who would fab titanium in these parts.
Top of the heap ?
Haas probably.

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/24/11 02:47 PM

Yeah ...Ness was pricey YEARS ago ... ... but back then most of the top-dogs just paid-the-money and waited and WAITED for the car to get done.

Weren't the Summit boys his last big-name customers? And talking about Summit ....whatever happened to Mark Pawk(sp) ?

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/24/11 02:48 PM

I think the leader of the pack of builders is subject to change as soon as someone else builds a faster car than the last trick of the month car.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 02:12 AM

New paint job too!

Allen Johnson PS paint job.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 02:14 AM

Yesterday it was white and they put a wrap on it today. Those guys work FAST.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 02:31 AM

LOL...a good looking wrap would have taken the same time to apply as that did...

Pretty good qualifing spot for new pipe, though!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 05:20 AM

Quote:

And talking about Summit ....whatever happened to Mark Pawk(sp) ?

He was fast for awhile, but fell into the "I can't find my butt with both hands" trap. Then his Summit money went to Anderson and he faded away.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 12:58 PM

Looks Good! IMO Mopar hasn`t got a fair shake since they stopped sponsoring the E Town race. Summit sponsors a lot so naturally Anderson and his crew get the butt kissing. This sport of Pro drag racing is getting sad, one or two good guys in T.F. one or two in F.C. with the rest of the field filled with local and underfunded teams, its great to see them get the exposure but they are easy round wins for the Pros. P.S is getting the same, same Winners all the time, BORING! I haven`t watched it on T.V. all year. Hopefully the new car gets A.J. some better luck.
Posted By: 64HemiSavoy

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 01:46 PM

Quote:

New paint job too!

Like the look a lot better than the old one... the old one was getting dated and needed an update.
I like it!!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 01:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

New paint job too!

Like the look a lot better than the old one... the old one was getting dated and needed an update.
I like it!!!

I cant say that I like it... looks a little boring to me
except for the BIG M and I think thats too big... JMO

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 02:44 PM

Quote:

Looks Good! IMO Mopar hasn`t got a fair shake since they stopped sponsoring the E Town race. Summit sponsors a lot so naturally Anderson and his crew get the butt kissing.

The rules for the class are the same for all cars.

I like the new wrap, it's not to busy. I'm sure it'll be stickered up today.

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 03:45 PM

Top Builder right now....

http://www.rjracecars.com/

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 03:48 PM

close behind...

http://www.jerryhaas.com/aboutus.html

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 03:50 PM

this guy bought out Don Ness....

http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/17052-chassis-builder-wants-caddy-pro-stocker
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 03:51 PM

Quote:

Yeah really!Saw him there he was doin ok. They're just trying thier best for the count down. This is the same mfg as Vincent Nobile's car.Good Luck Allen!!

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 04:01 PM

On the surface, NHRA Pro Stock cars appear to closely resemble production-based showroom vehicles, but underneath the brightly colored sheet metal, they are in fact, all out race cars capable of 6.5-second quarter-mile elapsed times and speeds of over 212-mph. The body styles most often found in Pro Stock includes the current model Pontiac GXP, Chevrolet Cobalt, Ford Mustang, and Dodge Avenger. In order to maintain a stock appearance, aerodynamic modifications in Pro Stock are limited to a single 14-inch rear spoiler, and a hood scoop, which not only feeds additional air into the massive twin four-barrel carburetors, but is necessary for engine clearance.
Unlike Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars, which use exotic nitromethane fuel, superchargers, and fuel injection, Pro Stock entries must burn high octane racing gasoline and are limited to a pair of four-barrel carburetors. Pro Stock engines can also be no larger than 500-cid, and each car can weigh no less than 2,350 pounds, with driver. A competitive Pro Stock engine produces close to 1,400 horsepower and revs to more than 11,000 rpm.
The technology and the attention to detail that goes into building a state-of-the-art Pro Stock engine is virtually unmatched in all of motorsports. It can take hundreds of hours to prepare a single set of cylinder heads or an intake manifold and most successful Pro Stock teams devote the majority of their resources to the area of engine development. Although lightweight engine components and exotic metals are banned, virtually anything else is legal in a Pro Stock engine as long as it maintains its original two-valve per cylinder configuration and does not exceed the 500-cubic inch maximum.
All the power in the world isn’t much good if it can’t be applied to the race track, which is why a substantial amount of development also goes into building a Pro Stock chassis. Underneath the body, a modern Pro Stock car features a fully-sprung four-link rear suspension, adjustable electronic shock absorbers, and spring-loaded wheelie bars. The roll cage not only protects the driver in the event of an accident, but also serves as an integral part of the chassis.
It has often been said that a Pro Stock car is one of the most difficult cars to drive in all of drag racing. Indeed, Pro Stock drivers stay plenty busy during each six-second run. Beginning with a carefully orchestrated pre-race procedure that includes a tire heating burnout, a Pro Stock driver carefully inches his car to the starting line. Reacting to the first hint of a yellow light from the Christmas tree, the driver quickly releases the clutch pedal and then must make four separate gear shifts. Each shift must be perfectly timed in order for the car to achieve maximum performance. As if staging, leaving the starting line and shifting wasn’t enough, a Pro Stock driver must also concentrate on keeping the car as straight as possible during the run before finally deploying the twin parachutes which slow the car from over 212-mph at the end of each quarter-mile run.

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 04:05 PM

Jim Yates had lots of wins driving this guys stuff...

http://www.jerrybickel.com/

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 06:23 PM

his day ended early

W) Kurt Johnson (Total Seal GXP) 0.027 6.625 208.46
(L) Allen Johnson (Mopar/J & J Racing Avenger) 0.066 6.622 209.69

A. Johnson and K. Johnson have each won 14 times against the other in prior events. They both pre-stage and then they both take their time turning on the stage light and finally Allen Johnson turns it on. Kurt with the starting line advantage and the power to hold on for the hole shot win...Kurt Johnson's MOV: 0.0368 seconds (approximately 11 feet). Johnson will have lane choice over Morgan in the next round.

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 07:02 PM

Quote:

On the surface, NHRA Pro Stock cars appear to closely resemble production-based showroom vehicles,

How CLOSE is that windshield and grille angle to a OEM vehicle ?

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 08:05 PM

You'll get for posting results.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 08:26 PM

Looks like the Mopars had a bad day in Texas. Ron

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 08:27 PM

Quote:

You'll get for posting results.

Well it doesn't bother me, at least now I know I don't have to waste my time watching the Summit cars win again.

Re: Allen Johnson's new Pro Stock - 09/25/11 10:39 PM

KJ is looking good.
© 2024 Moparts Forums