Moparts

that was close!roller clutch was gone.

Posted By: Clanton

that was close!roller clutch was gone. - 09/20/11 08:28 PM

i was messing with the carbs for 2 days and put it in drive,reverse a few times so i finaly go up to tech in and i lost 1st gear pulling away to go back to my pit.i went back in 2nd after hearing the telltale rattling of bolt in a can sound.i put the car in the trailer emediatly to keep myself from blowing it up in my pit messing with it.i was just there to tune the car a little so i was not about to pull the trans and rebuild it there.it was from there on.i dropped the pan and it looks like the roller springs went in the sprag.that could have been bad on the starting line.time to get the trans out and fixed so maybe i can get out yet again this yr for more tunning.

Attached picture 6834771-100_5886.JPG
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: that was close!roller clutch was gone. - 09/20/11 08:43 PM

was that a stock overrunning clutch?

Re: that was close!roller clutch was gone. - 09/20/11 08:50 PM

no way it wat not stock. a bolt in but i cant say what 1 but it has about 300 runs on it.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: that was close!roller clutch was gone. - 09/21/11 12:56 AM

Ouch! Better you caught it now and not the hard way. Going to make any upgrades while it's apart?

Randy
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: that was close!roller clutch was gone. - 09/21/11 01:09 AM

Yeah that could have been real ugly.

Re: that was close!roller clutch was gone. - 09/21/11 01:29 AM

i will sent the convertor to ptc to get tightin up fro 5K to 4500 or get a new convertor alltogather.the trans has a billet drum,4 pinion sun gears,
Randy thanks for stopping at my pit at norwalk and talking to me!
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: that was close!roller clutch was gone. - 09/21/11 01:33 AM

Good catch, Michael. Guess you were actually real lucky your car let you know something was up.
© 2024 Moparts Forums