Moparts

Reversion Plates

Posted By: Scamp408

Reversion Plates - 09/19/11 10:23 AM

When should one be considered?
Posted By: mafo

Re: Reversion Plates - 09/19/11 01:05 PM

I would say, with a big plenum like a sheet metal tunnelram, but I have been wrong before

great place to get them

http://www.product-engr.com/shear_plates.htm
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Reversion Plates - 09/19/11 03:29 PM

I use them on a tall spacer. Not sure they actually help in this application but it doesn't seem to hurt.

Attached picture 6832831-ShearW.jpg
Posted By: W5DART66

Re: Reversion Plates - 09/19/11 03:48 PM

Quote:

I use them on a tall spacer. Not sure they actually help in this application but it doesn't seem to hurt.

Do you make the big spacer?
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: Reversion Plates - 09/19/11 05:11 PM

A racer friend said I was choppy at 2000 to 3000 rpm.I never noticed it till he pointed it out and said itd from reversion in the intake.

Re: Reversion Plates - 09/19/11 05:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Do you make the big spacer?

Yes, I had to make these spacers since nobody sells anything like this. I tapered the spacer to work with the shear plate and I put a profile on the bottom of the spacer to match the Super Victor plenum shape.
Posted By: BIGSPEED

Re: Reversion Plates - 09/24/11 07:14 AM

In most cases a shear plate is a plus but the manifold has to be configured so the reversion energy will help accelerate the incoming charge,best results gained with a trip to the dyno.Bill C.

Re: Reversion Plates - 09/24/11 04:18 PM

I doubt that a trip to the dyno would reveal much. I spent 4 days on the dyno trying several different spacers and didn't prove anything.

Re: Reversion Plates - 09/24/11 07:27 PM

Quote:

I doubt that a trip to the dyno would reveal much. I spent 4 days on the dyno trying several different spacers and didn't prove anything.

You must have gone to the wrong dyno with the wrong spacers and the wrong people,our testing with Wideband O2 in each cylinder has been interesting,knowledge gathering and the end results have given us more power and acceleration.Bill C.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Reversion Plates - 09/25/11 05:21 AM

I am thinking of running wilson shear plates on the hemi with a stageV intake, I dont know what it takes to install them but I am hoping they help. Tim

Re: Reversion Plates - 09/25/11 05:06 PM

It takes a lot of grinding to use shear plates on a cast intake. That was why I had the custom spacers built.

A set of shear plates might work okay on a Stage V intake but it will cost you a fair amount of time and money to make it all fit. I spent a couple of grand testing spacers and shear plates earlier this year and didn't find any power on my 514. But I guess I did help stimulate the economy a little bit!

Re: Reversion Plates - 09/25/11 06:52 PM

Quote:

It takes a lot of grinding to use shear plates on a cast intake. That was why I had the custom spacers built.

A set of shear plates might work okay on a Stage V intake but it will cost you a fair amount of time and money to make it all fit. I spent a couple of grand testing spacers and shear plates earlier this year and didn't find any power on my 514. But I guess I did help stimulate the economy a little bit!

Andy if you saw absolutley no changes there is something restricting air flow,head or manifold CSA or camshaft events.Bill C.
© 2024 Moparts Forums