Moparts

Socketless Hose Ends

Posted By: Crazy68Dart

Socketless Hose Ends - 09/14/11 02:55 AM

I am researching socketless hose ends. I need to get a 90 and possibly a 45. 8-AN to socketless.

It seems like everything I run across is a solid one-piece fitting. I want to make sure I can position the hose end where I need it to be. Otherwise it will be dumb luck that it ends up where it needs to be as I tighten it down.

Am I reading the descriptions correctly or do these fittings actually "swivel" to allow positioning of the hose end?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FRA-209008-BL/?rtype=10

Oh, BTW, these fittings are expensive! Crazy.

Thanks.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/14/11 03:01 AM

I used all Aeroquipt and if you are asking if the nut turns separate from the fitting then yes they do
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/14/11 03:05 AM

I bought a Fragola fitting once when I was in a pinch and it was the cheapest made junk I had ever seen.

I don't see anything about those fittings that indicate they will swivel after tightening down.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/14/11 04:57 AM

They just twist on the hose after assembly. They'll be tight, but they will twist into position.

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/15/11 12:32 AM

Quote:

I used all Aeroquipt and if you are asking if the nut turns separate from the fitting then yes they do

That is what I am asking. Thanks.
Posted By: Mopar_racer_99

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/15/11 01:13 AM

Do not use socketless hose ends on transmission cooler lines ask me how I know. For low pressure low heat they are ok, now I prefer standard fittings. John

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/15/11 01:16 AM

Quote:

Do not use socketless hose ends on transmission cooler lines ask me how I know. For low pressure low heat they are ok, now I prefer standard fittings. John

I am surprised you had a problem with them I have used them on a number of cars including cars driven on a regular basis and have never had an issue.

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/15/11 01:32 AM

Interesting...

Using them for fuel system, supply and return.

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/15/11 01:51 AM

Quote:

Interesting...

Using them for fuel system, supply and return.

I would not worry about them at all i have used them on fuel,transmission fluid,and oil systems and have never had a failure.
I only use Aeroquip and this info is straight out of their catalog.
The socketless hose and fittings are rated at 250psi and a temp range from -40 to +300 degrees.
Posted By: jb500

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/15/11 02:45 AM

The swivel is the female nut used in the JIC(AN)connection.

Right after they are assembled you may be able to rotate the ends to get the configuration you are after. Don't get fooled and buy the assembly lube. All you need is some 80-90w gear oil. works great and is cheap.

If you use socketless hose for higher temp applications ,ie trans lines, it is recomended that a hose clamp is used (Aeroquip brand does not require the clamp if you use their AQP stuff). The heat will allow some other brands of hose to expand just enough and blow the end off. Otherwise, the socketless connection is rock solid and impossible to disassemble without cutting the hose off.

You can use industrial hose ends and save some serious coin versus using the "pretty" hose ends you listed.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/15/11 03:48 AM

In the fuel area (production) we used a crimp ring
on that style of fitting... I will always be paranoid
of those without a clamp/crimp... but those have a
sharper/taller edge for the hose to bit on..... JMO
Posted By: BradD

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/15/11 05:13 AM

The FAST EZ EFI fuel pump kit comes with push lock hose and fittings. We will ad a keystone pinch clamp for security.

Brad

Re: Socketless Hose Ends - 09/15/11 01:13 PM

Quote:

The FAST EZ EFI fuel pump kit comes with push lock hose and fittings. We will ad a keystone pinch clamp for security.

Brad

I read somewhere that Aeroquip says do not use any kind of clamp as it can cut the inside of the hose.
© 2024 Moparts Forums