Moparts

Hood Scoop Options...........

Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/01/11 08:18 PM

Can you guys post some pics of hood scoops for a 64-65 plymouth / dodge

Trying to get some ideas....doesnt have to be "stock" looking hood

One of these days i will run in the NSS class

Not crazy about my current scoop,,,but i do need the height at the moment,,,Not sure if i want to change it or not...

thanks for any pics you have...

Doug

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/01/11 08:31 PM

I like something like this,,,but it looks to short for the carb/intake i have...

hhmmmmmmmm

Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/01/11 08:32 PM

I personally wouldn`t change a thing.
Posted By: Blown 68 R/T

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/01/11 08:39 PM

Douggie,
I'm with Thumper, I wouldn't change it. You do have a return spring set up on that Dominator don't you?
Posted By: 383man

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/01/11 09:05 PM

I am fan of the original 65 A990 Hemi scoop. I think its the best looking scoop for that car. Course you will need the raised modern one. Look around here on Moshers under .........Finished cars and then under 65 Plymouth. Ron

http://www.moparsbymosher.com/index.htm
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/01/11 10:45 PM

I'd 3rd the vote to just leave it, it works with the lines of the car really well, and it looks like you need the height to clear the dominator + spacer + victor intake. Any of the low profile scoops (like the original 65 A990 scoop, that does look better) would have to be raised anyway. At that point I'd keep what's on the car as it isn't going to look substantially different. The bump in the middle of yours adds character.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/02/11 12:45 AM

They make a tall 65 scoop also..
Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/02/11 01:38 AM

I really dig that scoop!
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/02/11 02:59 AM

Here's my buddies 64, We took a 5" scoop and cut it down a little but works.

Attached picture 6806517-IMG_0522.JPG
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/02/11 03:03 AM

Here's a closer shot

Attached picture 6806527-IMG_1279.JPG
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/02/11 01:34 PM

Doc - don't change a thing with the scoop - put a cross ram on it!!!!! - All you gotta do is join the club! We could have you up and running in no time!

Attached picture 6806991-motor.jpg
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/02/11 06:33 PM

Quote:

I'd 3rd the vote to just leave it, it works with the lines of the car really well, and it looks like you need the height to clear the dominator + spacer + victor intake. Any of the low profile scoops (like the original 65 A990 scoop, that does look better) would have to be raised anyway. At that point I'd keep what's on the car as it isn't going to look substantially different. The bump in the middle of yours adds character.

I'd 4th the vote! Nice clean / clutterless engine bay
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/02/11 06:47 PM

Doc...I like yours as is! My junk has the Hemi hood scoop. I also have a Victor intake with a dommy and a 2" spacer..Not a lot of room but it clears!!

Attached picture 6807440-64frnt.jpg
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/02/11 07:25 PM

this is sled city's AFX hemi scoop... i like it because it doesnt sit so high in the back like others. From what i hear he is making the max wedge one (like you have) but tapered like this one. I have no idea when he will have it ready though.

Casey
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/02/11 07:35 PM

Quote:

this is sled city's AFX hemi scoop... i like it because it doesnt sit so high in the back like others. From what i hear he is making the max wedge one (like you have) but tapered like this one. I have no idea when he will have it ready though.

Casey

The MW one is available now and I have one on my car. Maybe I can get a pic of it later and post it.

Russ

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/03/11 12:49 AM

THANKS GUYS......

Looks like I should leave it alone....

You know how things always look better on other people's cars...

Maybe I will change some things when i put the NSS motor in it in the future...thinkin 540-572 at some point......

Thanks for all the replys....

Doug
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/04/11 01:31 AM

the forgotten one
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/04/11 04:03 AM

Quote:

Casey

Thanks Casey, The new max wedge scoop is in stock and already winning races. They are a bolt on like my other scoops and we guarrentee against blow offs and cracking. I have one on my 62 Plymouth wagon. If you are in need of this scoop, just give Sled City a call @ 1-614-875-0369
Posted By: Whitey Nocar

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/05/11 06:52 PM

Maybe some Boyce Racing logos on the side would look good
Posted By: topside

Re: Hood Scoop Options........... - 09/05/11 08:39 PM

First of all, that's a great-looking car.
The Sled City scoop is the '65 A/FX (AWB) version of the '64 1/2 Hemi scoop, which was also used on the '65 RO/WO (non-AWB) cars. Personally I prefer a '65 scoop on a '65 car. I admit it's a personal hang-up, like Max Wedges only being in '62-'64 cars and '65 cars needing Hemis, so by my "logic" I've just spent another $20,000 of your money!
© 2024 Moparts Forums