Moparts

AMAZON for Parts

Posted By: smokinwoody

AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 03:31 PM

Question:

have any of you ordered speed parts from Amazon?

I was checking prices for mufflers and pipes and decided to try Amazon...I used Summit and Jeg's for price comparison, and found Amazon to be way cheaper and free shipping..

one example is Weiand superchargers ...like the one on my car...about $400+ difference and some HP muffs 20-40 bucks cheaper and some even more...

and free shipping...
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 03:51 PM

I have ordered some non-speed parts through them. The free shipping took quite q while to get to me though.
If you are not in a hurry it might be okay,or you can upgrade the shipping options.
The one problem I see is what will happen when you need to return a speed/race part? But we all could stand to save a couple dollars where we can.
Keith

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 03:55 PM

I have ordered things in the past from them and they had a good return policy, but those weren't speed parts...my guess is, it wouldn't be any different than anywhere else..

maybe someone here has bought parts thru them before and had to return? be nice to hear about it
Posted By: bonefish

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 03:56 PM

do they charge a paking and hadling fee?
Posted By: dragram440

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 04:01 PM

I have ordered parts off amazon and found some really good deals on there. I have just came to the conclusion that when I order stuff online or ebay that I cant be in a huge hurry. If I am in a big hurry I go directly to summit or jeggs or my brother is a manager at a local parts store he can get it next day with no shipping usually but sometimes a little more spendy.

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 04:04 PM

Quote:

do they charge a paking and hadling fee?

no
Posted By: Thor500

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 05:00 PM

So far I've ordered Harland Sharpe rockers, dougs headers, winch for the trailer and lots of other stuff, I signed up for what they call Amazon Prime, free 2 day shipping, no handling fee. They are a great company, check their stock price if you don't beleive me!
Posted By: Headhunter22

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 05:13 PM

I am in no great hurry normally and will look @ Amazon. Have purchased some parts through them and the prices were the best for those particular pieces. Other times I end up using Jegs / Summit but Amazon is definetly in play for me.
Steve
Posted By: bulletpruf

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 05:21 PM

I had one huge score thru Amazon. Someone was selling a new AMC Lakewood scattershield with free shipping for $165 and I got it. Here's the kicker - this was the scattershield for an AMC engine with AMC trans that they haven't made for about 20 years (they do make one for chebby trans with AMC engine). Used ones normally sell for about $200, and one in this condition would probably bring $500 or so.

It was from an speed shop on the west coast; they weren't quite sure what it was. Just trying to get rid of some stuff that had been collecting dust on their shelves for a while, I guess.

Scott
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 05:32 PM

Woody,

I buy stuff through amazon quite a bit. Never had a problem with them. Parts ordered are what arrived.

I did order a Lunati cam that was on constant backorder but at a killer price. Nobody had them at the time, even summit was out. It never materialized and they canceled the order. that's the only thing that happened that I wish I would have received.
Posted By: Frito

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 05:46 PM

I was hoping to get the Jesco White DVD in time to take it to Indy Monday. I ordered it thru Amazon last Tuesday morning and got it today. But, I have never ordered any speed parts, thumbs up on everything else.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 05:57 PM

I've bought a few little things...extra thermostats, plug wires, carb base gaskets and stuff like that off Amazon. They were about 1/3 the price of normal mail order speedshop stuff....

How things will work out, all depends on who is really selling it...you know, the amazon seller might not be amazon itself. Could just be some dude out there.

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 07:21 PM

How things will work out, all depends on who is really selling it...you know, the amazon seller might not be amazon itself. Could just be some dude out there.

They will tell you ahead of time if it ships from their warehouse or an outside vendor, I can only get free shipping when it ships from their warehouse.
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 10:07 PM

I used them quite a bit for my Dart's parts and have also noticed for some items they are way cheaper than Summit/jegs or Autozone.

Most of the Dart parts I bought were a few years back when they had free super saver shipping and actually shipped stuff out quickly, like the same day or next day.. which meant if it was coming from WA, it could be 2-3 days which was very reasonable. But more recently I've noticed that they will "sit" on the free super saver orders before sending them out.. and of course, they allow the customer to go back in and pay to get it shipped.

Since last year I've signed up for the student version of Amazon prime, so it's free 2 day shipping, and some streaming video content too. Not bad.
Posted By: clovis

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/26/11 10:37 PM

Just bought a Powerbond balancer from Amazon. It was less than $220, free shipping and to my door in 2 days. The part was actually better than expected as the one I got was SFI approved and had the black coating on it. I was thinking that all the SFI approved ones were bare metal with clear coat.
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/27/11 04:46 AM

YES, I got Mr Gasket long wheel studs for $8 a set on Amazon and they were $25 at Jegs and Summit. I always check Amazon 1st.
Posted By: 65dragnet

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/27/11 10:28 AM

Website ?
Posted By: Challenger

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/27/11 01:35 PM

Quote:

Website ?

Id probably try www.amazon.com

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/27/11 01:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Website ?

Id probably try www.amazon.com

Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/27/11 01:58 PM

yes it's true that Amazon also works as a "consignment" shop where other stores can come on and list their parts for sale too.

so yes, not always are you actually buying from Amazon, but often times it's some small store somewhere selling something.

but, when you're shopping and looking at the part, it tells you right there where you're actually buying from.

I actually like to pick the small "mom + pop" stores and contribute to the little guy when I can. Amazon is one way that I can do that.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/27/11 02:06 PM

Yes I have purchased some speed parts from Amazon and had good luck. Usually take advantage of free shipping with usually adds a few days to delivery.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/27/11 03:46 PM

I bought Fel-Pro 1008 head gaskets from there, after shipping they were still less than half of what everyone else was asking. They came packed in one huge box with rwo smaller boxes inside. I could fit a small block in the big box .
Posted By: Robbins

Re: AMAZON for Parts - 08/27/11 04:42 PM

Ya, I got the Accel Dizzy for my the RB in the Ramcharger from there.

ACCEL 59300 pERFORMANCE REPLACEMENT DISTRIBUTOR
© 2024 Moparts Forums