Moparts

Would this be an ok blower cam?

Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Would this be an ok blower cam? - 08/25/11 08:48 PM

Putting together a 470 and I'm throwing around the idea of a Procharger setup. Probably aim for 8 psi boost if I go this route. This will be a street cruiser and occasional highway driver. Would this cam be ok for a mild blower setup? http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-s...CookieSupport=1
Also would the Procharger be any harder on a bronze distributor bushing than a naturally aspirated engine? Thanks
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Would this be an ok blower cam? - 08/25/11 09:47 PM

with a little lower cr like 8/1.have you ran the cam on the wallace calc to see what the cranking cr might be?will you run pump gas?if so you could run a dial back timing on the dash for when you get on it.i am sure someone will have something to say about quench.i am not sure you need more than stk stroke but a 470 would be fun.you have a lot of detail to figure out but thay all take planning.
some info i ran.
Static compression ratio of 9.5:1.
Effective stroke is 3.54 inches.
Your dynamic compression ratio is 8.01:1 .
Your dynamic cranking pressure is 159.23 PSI.
Your dynamic boost compression ratio, reflecting static c.r., cam timing, altitude, and boost of 8 PSI is 12.37 :1.
V/P (Volume to Pressure Index) is 203

Posted By: hemigod426

Re: Would this be an ok blower cam? - 08/26/11 02:13 AM

Quote:

Putting together a 470 and I'm throwing around the idea of a Procharger setup. Probably aim for 8 psi boost if I go this route. This will be a street cruiser and occasional highway driver. Would this cam be ok for a mild blower setup? http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-s...CookieSupport=1
Also would the Procharger be any harder on a bronze distributor bushing than a naturally aspirated engine? Thanks

not the cam for you, stick with 114 lsa 112 icland and no more than 240 duration @ .050
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: Would this be an ok blower cam? - 08/26/11 11:29 AM

Ok thanks guys. When I bought the cam I was and maybe still will be using it in a NA 470.
© 2024 Moparts Forums