Moparts

Anyone run MotorSport 109 unleaded?

Posted By: AndyF

Anyone run MotorSport 109 unleaded? - 08/25/11 02:35 AM

Just wondering if anyone has been using it. I have some on hand for some dyno testing. Sounds like good stuff but it sure is expensive.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Anyone run MotorSport 109 unleaded? - 08/25/11 03:33 AM

I have not used it personally,but another racer I know used some and said it allowed him to run a couple more degrees timing over the Torco 110 he had been using and it gained him a tenth.
This was in a 10.20-ish small block Chevy powered car.He was trying to get into the nine's with it but did not quite get there.I told him jetting with the new fuel would possibly get him there,but some guys "know everything"!
Keith
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Anyone run MotorSport 109 unleaded? - 08/25/11 05:00 AM

According to the guy at VP, it needs to be jetted up at least 5% to work correctly.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Anyone run MotorSport 109 unleaded? - 08/25/11 05:18 AM

Quote:

According to the guy at VP, it needs to be jetted up at least 5% to work correctly.

I have talked to Jason at VP a couple of times about various fuels.He is usually spot on with his suggestions.
I played with a few different fuels and found if you spend enough time tuning for a different fuel,it can make a huge difference.

I don't remember off hand but I am thinking he told me the MS109 burned really fast compared to a standard 110 race fuel.

Keith
© 2024 Moparts Forums