Moparts

POSSIBLE GTX SWAP???

Posted By: Labratt

POSSIBLE GTX SWAP??? - 08/19/11 03:37 PM

I've been thinking of seriously trading my GTX,straight-up for a Big Block '71' or '72' Duster! My 1st muscle car was a 71 340 Duster...and I have very fond memories of that car! My car is far from perfect! Needs cosmetics here and there...but runs good numbers at the track,and has been VERY reliable through the years! I've had the X since '96'...maybe just time for change! Randy B.

Attached picture 6785503-GRATIOTCRUISE-2010026.jpg
Posted By: BradH

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 03:41 PM

Just remember to return the Demon to me before you swap the GTX for a Duster. /

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 03:45 PM

Wow,Brad....never crossed my mind!
Posted By: bonefish

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 03:47 PM

that must be one heck of a duster
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 04:04 PM

Posted By: tboomer

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 04:09 PM

No offence intended,Randy...But...Are You Nuts!! You have a nice car!!
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 04:09 PM

Who U trading with?...Give me a call and we'll give it the once-over.

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 04:39 PM

Sean..no particular car in mind! Well,maybe one!...Josh King's!...but I'm sure he's not CRAZY! Just an idea I've been kickin' around in my feeble mind the last couple of days! Thanks for your offer! If/when the situation comes up,I'll give you a call,for sure!
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 06:00 PM

I have a nice SB 72 duster???? LOVE your GTX!!!!!
Posted By: Sport440

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 06:24 PM

The GTX,s and Chargers are worth way more then the A body Dusters or Darts. So I wouldnt do it.

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 06:46 PM

Mike,I know the GTX is more valuable than an A-Body...at least the majority of them,but,if someone had one in EXCELLENT condition,and had a strong drivetrain in it...I would seriously think about it. Like I said...has to have at least a 440 in it! Florida Mike...Thanks for the comp,but I LOVE my Big Blocks!!!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 06:57 PM

No problem!!!!! Good luck in your find. I might be selling my duster to buy another car in 3-6 months IF the owner wants to sell it. He is VERY attached too it but SO AM I!!!!! LOL!! I really want his car but if I cants get his,I will keep mine.

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 07:09 PM

So,Mike....tell me about this car you're "lusting" over!
Posted By: StrokerAspen

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 07:14 PM

Quote:

Mike,I know the GTX is more valuable than an A-Body...at least the majority of them,but,if someone had one in EXCELLENT condition,and had a strong drivetrain in it...I would seriously think about it. Like I said...has to have at least a 440 in it! Florida Mike...Thanks for the comp,but I LOVE my Big Blocks!!!

I have a 1976 Dodge Aspen with a 468ci. small block. Is that big enough? haha. Track times still pending, just got it together a couple days ago. Also, the Aspen's are rare you know. Only like, what, 5 million of them on the planet??

I'm just harrassin' ya, I can't sell the Aspen, had it since I was 15. Also, it is no where near an a-body.

-Kenny

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 07:17 PM

Quote:

So,Mike....tell me about this car you're "lusting" over!

If I told ya,then id have to kill ya!!!! LOL!!!!!
Posted By: mopar65

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 08:13 PM

Quote:

I've been thinking of seriously trading my GTX,straight-up for a Big Block '71' or '72' Duster! My 1st muscle car was a 71 340 Duster...and I have very fond memories of that car! My car is far from perfect! Needs cosmetics here and there...but runs good numbers at the track,and has been VERY reliable through the years! I've had the X since '96'...maybe just time for change! Randy B.

Hey how about a big block 440 73 dodge dart? hey it might not be a duster but its still a abody. sorry randy just me trying to be funny. Mopar65
Posted By: earthmover

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 08:35 PM

i know just how you feel ..i was trying to get my 70 sold and everybody wanted it until the day they say they would take it...i have had it for about 15 yrs and kinda hate to see it go..so now i'm gonna cut it up i guess and make the car i want and have the 1 that is been with me so long...unless hit the lotto lol then gonna keep my car and buy 1 thats race only...

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 10:54 PM

Mike...would be nice to have strictly a "cruiser" for the street...and an ALL-OUT race car,capable of low-to-mid-10's! In my case,that'll never happen...unless I hit the lottery as well! I'm pretty happy with my street car running consistent low-11's...and still drive it on the street...although,not ideally! If someone comes up with an offer I can't refuse...I'll pull the trigger! We'll see!
Posted By: B Dartman

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 11:36 PM

At the age of 12, first Muscle Car experience was in a GTX....hmmmm; interested in a BB Dart? Nah...better not

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/19/11 11:45 PM

PLEASE post MORE pics and info on your dart!!!!!
Posted By: Dartin

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 01:32 AM

Wow! Didn't expect to see this! I really like your car. Good luck and like Sean said, give us a call!

Randy
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 02:10 AM

Josh's Duster really got to you at the Donut Cutter, huh?
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 02:24 AM

Have you lost your mind ??

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 02:58 AM

Bill..Sweeeet Dart!!! Kath...how'd ya guess??? Randy,thanks for the offer! Sean and yourself will be the first ones I call...if something comes up! Vern....sometimes I ask that same question!!!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 02:58 AM

Quote:

Have you lost your mind ??

Same thoughts here

A Fully restored GTX could sell for auction between $70,000 to $100,000

A Fully restored Duster, maybe $20,000

But a Fully restored 73 Dart Sport. $200,000 Plus!
What the heck is Randy thinking

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 03:13 AM

So i take that as a no randy??? lol Mopar65

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 03:18 AM

Bobby...only if it looks like Bill Hartman's!!!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 03:23 AM

Randy mine does not look near as nice as Bills.but i was joking with you.I say keep the gtx i think once you trade it you would really miss it. i really miss my 65 plymouth that i sold doug.I am taking my dart to the track tomarrow. but hear is a pick of my car incase you have never seen it.good luck on your car swaping.Mopar65

Attached picture 6786447-005[1600x1200].JPG
Posted By: ProSport

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 03:26 AM

I've raced A-bodies most of my life, my current 64 Dodge is my first B body and I am amazed at how much more roomy and comfortable it is, not to mention plenty of room to get to those bellhousing bolts! A-bodies are lighter and fit in the garage much easier but I'd love to try a B-body as my next race car.

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 03:29 AM

Hey Bob....You need to change your screen name and sig pic now.

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 03:47 AM

Bob...I think Mike's got a good point!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 03:59 AM

NICE!!!!!

Attached picture 6786496-Randy's69GTX.jpg

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 04:00 AM

I know, I'll work on it soon!

Attached picture 6786497-IMAG0157.jpg

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 04:02 AM

How about ProStreet

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 04:24 AM

Quote:

PLEASE post MORE pics and info on your dart!!!!!

For more picts, just follow the signature link. Don't want to heist the thread..it's in final stages of putting it all back together. Had to throw it out there in jest as I love the GTX's

My brother-in-law had a 68 GTX in the 70's; my Dad worked for Dodge in 60's & 70's so the Mopars have been in my blood for decades. But it was that dang GTX that got it all started .... Good looking car you got there!! Brings back plenty of street action memories on the streets of Philly.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 04:25 AM

How much would you sell the GTX for? do you have any pics? thx

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 04:45 AM

More pics.

Attached picture 6786547-Randy's69GTXrearshot.jpg
Posted By: 383man

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 06:15 AM

I gotta agree I think Randy is crazy !! Your GTX is just to nice. Ron
Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 08:26 AM

What are you thinking?I leave you alone for a few month's and you come up with this cockamamie thought.

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 01:03 PM

Man..you guys are REALLY against me doing this! It's not written in stone!....just an idea I've been running through my head the last 3-4 days! But....if someone had a Duster that I REALLY LIKE...I'd have to give it some serious thought! Thanks for all your concerns,fellas!!! As far as out-right selling it...I have no idea what it would be worth! Maybe you guys that have seen it in person could chime in and give an opinion!?! Thanks! Randy B.

Attached picture 6786751-GTX@HINESPARK-2009.jpg
Posted By: RickRoss

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 02:34 PM

Randy your starting to sound like Steff and Bubba
Posted By: dirtybee

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 02:44 PM

Randy, i don't know you personally but have always thought your car was the perfect street strip machine and one of my favorites on the board. that GTX is beautiful, DON'T get rid of it, if you really want a Duster maybe save up for a project and you could always "borrow" the X's drivetrain and a few other parts for racing. Good luck whatever you decide but you have a REALLY nice car

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 02:57 PM

Dave,thank You for the kind words! I'm just a bit surprised...after 770 hits..no one has a BB Duster to trade! Like I said in previous posts...I have NO CLUE what the X is worth,and no one has given me their opinion...not yet,any way! Thanks again,Dave!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 04:22 PM

I'd give this guy a call.... http://www.racingjunk.com/1960-1979/2286051/1972-Pro-Street-Duster-.html

Or... http://www.racingjunk.com/Stock-Super-Stock/2285070/71-DUSTER-S-STOCK-SUPER-STR-GAS-PRICE-DROP-.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/Door-Cars/2282004/71-plymouth-duster-S-ST-S-PRO-dodge-mopar.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/Radical-Street-Cars/2230415/70-PLYMOUTH-DUSTER-9-SECOND-STREET-CAR.html

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 04:43 PM

Thanks Bob! I checked out your links you sent,and unfortunately,they're ALL worth more than my GTX would go for,I'm sure! Plus...they're in either Cali...or Fla. I'd like to stay local,if at all possible! If nothing comes up...the GTX will still be around! Thanks again! Randy
Posted By: deaks

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 05:30 PM

Randy
The green one and the black one are on here, the green one is the quickest on the motor than the others but is race only, the lime green one, cant be 700 hp and only run 10.50's, when my 600 hp at best run's 10.20's, no clue on the white one.
As said before, keep your car, it's one of the best cars on here and it's a street car.
I miss that and plan on buying a second car myself, for street use.
Once you click that 10 off, you'll be happpier.
Mick

Attached picture 6786999-Mick.jpg
Posted By: Joshs68

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 06:32 PM

Keep the GTX and find a Dart/Duster chassis and swap the drivetrain. Build nice mild cruiser engine for the GTX. It is a cool car, but if I had an A body to trade ya I would!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 07:39 PM

Thanks Mick..and Josh! Josh,if I TRIED to start a project car...in this economy...my wife would kill me! Only one car at a time for me! I doubt if anything will transpire on this trade talk anyhow! Mick,I thought with 700 HP the Lime Green Duster would be MUCH FASTER as well!
Posted By: Dartin

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/20/11 10:46 PM

Randy, there is a duster that is local to us on Craigslist. It is an unfinished project that looks decent. Can't remember what the drivetrain is, but may be worth a look. Could sell the X to finance the Duster and end up with something really cool (not that the X isn't). Don't sell your car short, it is a very nice car that could still be returned easily to stock.

Randy

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 03:39 AM

Thanks,Randy! I'll check it out tonight! I'll let ya know what I think!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 04:31 AM

Quote:

Thanks Bob! I checked out your links you sent,and unfortunately,they're ALL worth more than my GTX would go for,I'm sure! Plus...they're in either Cali...or Fla. I'd like to stay local,if at all possible! If nothing comes up...the GTX will still be around! Thanks again! Randy

No problem, just some options, I think your GTX is a keeper but than again I love to have new scenery in my garage every few years!!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 05:08 AM

Thanks,Bob! I've been looking at Demon's as well! Basically,just Dodge Duster's! If I can find either body style,that's been tubbed...fitted with a Dana 60,and has a "strong" Big Block...I would be VERRRY tempted!
Posted By: dcr

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 06:01 AM

I think my duster sounds like what you are looking for first time out went 10.35 with a pump gas 512 Im sure there is more in it as the trans dident make it through weekend Dana 60 with 4.88 gears and tubbed out for 14x32 currently useing my 33 10.50 but it is a 70 and I dont know if I could bring myself to part with it so soon after finishing it and befor I get a 9.90 out of it.

Attached picture 6787799-mypicts045.jpg
Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 08:36 AM

Randy,I'd start at $500,000 and take best offer.Back in 88-89 when someone ask me if I wanted to sell mine I'd say yea and tell them I wanted $50,000 figured if they were dumb enough to give it to me,it was sold,and I'd just find another one.I have a 71 scamp.hint hint
Posted By: bonefish

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 12:20 PM

Quote:

Man..you guys are REALLY against me doing this! It's not written in stone!....just an idea I've been running through my head the last 3-4 days! But....if someone had a Duster that I REALLY LIKE...I'd have to give it some serious thought! Thanks for all your concerns,fellas!!! As far as out-right selling it...I have no idea what it would be worth! Maybe you guys that have seen it in person could chime in and give an opinion!?! Thanks! Randy B.

ill givya toofiddy!!!!!.i think it would look great sittin next to it,s illegitamate step brother

Attached picture 6787894-027.jpg
Posted By: racerx

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 01:59 PM

ill givya toofiddy!!!!!.
Posted By: 383man

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 04:01 PM

Randy I too said I think you are crazy but you know really the A-bodies make the best race cars since they are the lightest of the Mopar muscle cars. I love the A-bodies also and have always wanted a Demon to turn into a race car if I ever has the cash for an all out race car. If I like something I dont care what it is worth such as I would not care that the B-body brings more cash then the A-body because if such as you I really wanted the A-body I would do it also. I myself would not trade my 63 for any car but thats because I love the historic history of the Max Wedge cars and I like the looks of the 63 Plymouths but if I had a sentimental feeling for an A-body because of someone in my family of myself owning one years earlier I would also not hesitate to do what you are thinking. Not for the value of the cars but because of the sentimental value of the car too you. So if this is what you really want to do I would do it no matter what anyone else says. Course we all just know how sweet of a car your GTX is so thats why I (we) think you are a little "NUTS" but I totally respect your idea ! But just make sure you dont loose out on the value of your fine GTX. Ron
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 04:36 PM

You are to tall to fit in a A body. LOL

I think you'll miss the GTX

Just buy both

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 05:53 PM

Too tall! Thanks,Rob...that sounds like a good excuse to NOT get a Duster/Demon! I wish I had the resourses to keep the GTX as my street car,and purchase a race-ready...low to mid 10 second Duster,or Demon! Sometimes REALITY just sux! Lookin' forward to seeing YOU...Ron,Kevin,Stig Jr...and the rest of the motley Moparts crew in Norwalk! Just around the corner! FUN..FUN!

Attached picture 6788256-PINKSALLOUT@NORWALK6-7-08030(Small).jpg
Posted By: 440challenger

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 07:00 PM

your car has that old school street race look. Out of all the b bodys on here yours always comes to mind as one of the nicest looking/ running

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 07:47 PM

Thanks for the kind words,Nick! Yeah...with ALL those window stickers,"OLD SCHOOL" definately comes to mind! My 35yr. old step-son hates them! You never know..but if someone comes up with a car that catches my eye,and they're wanting a good running GTX...something just might transpire! Thanks again!

Attached picture 6788386-GTXSCOOPGRAPHICS005.jpg
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 09:19 PM

Just throw a stroker crank in the block, a hyd roller cam, and you can make the GTX into a mid 10 second street car fairly easy. Would still run on pump gas, and be low maintence. B bodies running mid 10's is cooler then a A body running 10's IMO.

Attached picture 6788484-gtxbir1.JPG

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/21/11 09:56 PM

Jeff...excellent point! I have a LOT of thinking to do over this idea! No one with a Duster..or Demon,has made an offer yet! Jeff,would you have a "ball park" figure,as to what my GTX might be worth? I haven't had it appraised yet..but would do so before ever trading,or selling it! And at least 2 opinions from "PROFESSIONALS"! BTW...LOVE the pic of your wheels-up X lined up against a Nash Metropolitan! My sister-in-law LOVES those cars! I remember being in Frankenmuth,Mi. a few yrs. ago,and seeing a black and white one...with a BLOWN 426 HEMI!!! ...CRAZY! Thanks for your opinion,Jeff!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 03:46 AM

Nobody with a BB Duster/Demon wants a GTX???

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 03:54 AM

Dan..pretty much hit the nail on the head! Back-halved..narrowed Dana 60..ladder bars,or 4-link suspension...and has to have a STRONG Big Block,capable of mid-to- low-10's! Is that asking too much? Something real similar to this Dart Sport would do the trick! LOL!!!

Attached picture 6789147-LANDYDARTSport.jpg
Posted By: dcr

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 03:56 AM

Quote:

I responded a few post back im kinda unsure but willing to discuss it what are you looking for in a duster mine is a 70 but it does have a 71 grille which is the only differance as far as I know.there is a pict posted in reply pretty nice car with a 12 pt cage and real low 10 sec potential, Dan

Attached picture 6789149-mypicts046.jpg
Posted By: 72Challenger

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 09:13 AM

Quote:

My 1st muscle car was a 71 340 Duster...

Got a 72 340 parked in my shed...
Only 3000miles since complete rebuild / repaint etc.
Runs 12's

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 01:54 PM

Thanks for the offer,Hans!
Posted By: nhramark

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 02:38 PM

Quote:

All Dusters are not created equally. I like that Dart Sport though, is that a local car to you?

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 02:58 PM

Mark...are you referring to the black,orange,and white one I posted a pic of? Whoever owns it now,I'm sure would NEVER trade it for my car...not in a million years! It's Dick Landy's ole' Hemi Pro Stock car! I ALWAYS LOVED that car! Very unique paint scheme! BTW...Your Duster's not on the trading block,is it? .....VERRRRY NIIICE!
Posted By: nhramark

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 04:45 PM

Yeah that's the one. I guess I somehow missed the giant "Dick Landy" lettering on the door the first time I looked at the pic.

Someday in the future I might sell my Duster, but hopefully not anytime soon......
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 05:24 PM

Too bad I don't have a Duster Randy

Love your GTX!
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 06:09 PM

I'm not trying to be "that guy"....but there's always the A body wanted, and the race cars sections in the ads.

....just saying: there's a whole bunch of membership (and non-membership) that surfs the ad section and never looks at the message board areas.

Seriously, might wanna give that a shot if you really want to do that.

I wouldn't let that GTX go, though
Posted By: joshking440

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 06:29 PM

Randy,

Keep your GTX!!!!!

We can just put a Turbo on that
Posted By: QWK_ENUF

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 07:02 PM

here you go, this will fit nice in your garage

Attached picture 6789809-lin1.jpg
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 08:56 PM

Quote:

Randy,

Keep your GTX!!!!!

We can just put a Turbo on that

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 10:58 PM

Josh..Rob,I'm too "OLD SCHOOL' to be messin' with Turbo's! I have enough on my hands keepin the carbs tuned up! I have to admit though...LOVE tinkering with them! Maybe I just need 2 of them!...and PORTED HEADS...and a ROLLER CAM..etc.etc..!!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 11:19 PM

Quote:

Josh..Rob,I'm too "OLD SCHOOL' to be messin' with Turbo's! I have enough on my hands keepin the carbs tuned up! I have to admit though...LOVE tinkering with them! Maybe I just need 2 of them!...and PORTED HEADS...and a ROLLER CAM..etc.etc..!!!

I've stayed out of this Randy BUT if you just want a
10 second pass you need some minor work.... I cant see
you dumping the X... time for some head work
Posted By: firefighter3931

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 11:25 PM

Quote:

Just throw a stroker crank in the block, a hyd roller cam, and you can make the GTX into a mid 10 second street car fairly easy. Would still run on pump gas, and be low maintence. B bodies running mid 10's is cooler then a A body running 10's IMO.

Yep, have to agree with this plan

Port the heads and dump a 4.15 stroker crank in the block and you'll be there.

Ron

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/22/11 11:48 PM

Im with Raff....You dont need a stroker to go 10's. With some head work maybe a dominator your there. A cam swap wouldnt be bad either.

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 12:11 AM

Quote:

Im with Raff....You dont need a stroker to go 10's. With some head work maybe a dominator your there. A cam swap wouldnt be bad either.

We put my 1050 dom on his car... would have gone quicker
but it blew the tires off at the launch... it made
more torque at the hit... with some head work he can
get a 10
Posted By: Sledge_57

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 01:00 AM

In Randys defense, I think he's still got wood from Josh's car, I do

Maybe we could trade both of our cars for his Duster and share

Too bad you don't have a low deck Randy, I could help with that 2 carb idea

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 01:07 AM

Quote:

They make spacers for that to fit the RB
EDIT
Randy I have the perfect thing for you... it would
put you in the 9s......... a blower.... got one
sitting in the office of the shop

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 02:07 AM

Raff..Mike,Doug,and Ron...after thinking long and hard about doing this,I'm leaning toward keeping the ole' X and getting her the paint,and cosmetics(trim pieces)she deserves! She's been a VERY DEPENDABLE car...don't run too shabby,either! After a good,constructive talk with Corinne,and finding out from our financial advisor that I can withdraw money from one of my retirement accounts,without being penalized...I'm gonna go for it! Might not be enough to get it ALL done...but,I'll be shopping around REAL hard! Just saw a '96' Vette owned by one of the locals,that was done by a fella next town over(Armada)and for the money,did a REAL NICE job! He had to do some body work as well!...which mine needs,also. All I can do is try my best to get a "good" job done at my price! In reality...running a 10 is important to me,in the total scheme of plans,but the X REALLY needs the "Facelift" badly! I REALLY appreciate ALL your opinions! Thank You,Friends! Randy B.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 03:50 AM

We can put that car in 10.80 with just some more inches and the right head/roller cam combo
Gus

Attached picture 6790650-burnoutpicturegus.JPG

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 04:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

They make spacers for that to fit the RB
EDIT
Randy I have the perfect thing for you... it would
put you in the 9s......... a blower.... got one
sitting in the office of the shop

Hey i have one just like that for a 440 in my dart that randy could try if he wants.i ran a best of 10.68 at 125 in the 1/4 with it and my pump gas 440. i am getting ready to put a weiand on my car.so randy can try my m1 if he wants to?? mopar65

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 04:15 AM

Gus,Thanks for all your info,yesterday! The engine mods will have to wait until the winter of 2012-2013! I have to concentrate on getting the ole' car looking the way it should...and be content with running low-11's for a while!...unless some "extra" cash mysteriously shows up at my doorstep(Moparts members contributions)to get the Eddy's ported...and put me in the 10's! ...yeah,right! Thanks again,Gus! See ya at Norwalk! Hope you decide to run the "Blue Beast"!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 04:24 AM

Thank You for your generous offer,Bobby!...but,I have my hands full keeping one 4-barrel HAPPY! AFTER getting the X looking the way it should...my next engine mod will be getting the Eddy's ported...and possibly shaved for a little more compression. Currently running 10:25:1. Thanks again,Bobby! Hope you're doing well! Randy B.

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 04:26 AM

SHOOT!!!!!!! 10.25:1 comp??? Bump that up to 11.5,have Dwayne port the heads and your 10.80!!!!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 05:15 AM

Mike..I believe you're right on the money with your 10.80 prediction! You think I can get away with pump gas,running 11.5 compression? I'm sure I couldn't get away with running 39-40 degrees,total...like I am currently!
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 04:56 PM

Quote:

Mike..I believe you're right on the money with your 10.80 prediction! You think I can get away with pump gas,running 11.5 compression? I'm sure I couldn't get away with running 39-40 degrees,total...like I am currently!

E-85...
Posted By: Get-X

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 05:51 PM

Randy,

With aluminum heads and the right cam profile you can run that much squeeze with pump gas no problem. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how the car would respond to some high quality head porting and some added compression.

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/23/11 09:08 PM

Quote:

Yes,I believe you can run 93/94 pump gas. Dom with his Thumper Dart has 12:1 and runs pump gas.

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/24/11 02:33 AM

Thanks,guys! The head porting will have to wait until the winter of 2012-2013! I hope Jeff@ Modern can do them!..if not,Dwayne Porter also does AWESOME work! Can't go wrong with either one,in my opinion! I don't think a cam change is necessary! I REALLY like the Comp SQ lobe cam Dwayne picked out for me a few yrs. ago! Sure works for me!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/24/11 03:23 AM

On the subject of buy and trade....this is a good site to scope out from time to time:

Cars On-Line

Plymouth List

Dodge List

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/25/11 03:44 AM

Thank You,Bill!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/25/11 03:47 AM

Quote:

Thank You for your generous offer,Bobby!...but,I have my hands full keeping one 4-barrel HAPPY! AFTER getting the X looking the way it should...my next engine mod will be getting the Eddy's ported...and possibly shaved for a little more compression. Currently running 10:25:1. Thanks again,Bobby! Hope you're doing well! Randy B.

no problem randy if i dont end up selling it. it is here if you ever want to try it.Bobby

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/25/11 03:58 AM

When you look at that list Randy. You can see how RARE the Pre 71 GTX,s are, like You have!

You better go out and give that car a Hug, for even thinking about selling it.

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/25/11 04:02 AM

Appreciate it,Bobby! If I ever get the "itch" to play around with 2 carbs...I'll give ya a holler! Take care,Buddy!
Posted By: Daty Rogers

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/25/11 04:53 AM

If you're still thinking A-body a friend has a 67 BCuda nothchback that would be right up your alley, Pro-Street, cool as heck, pm if you want to talk to him, hemijim on the mml.

-Daty

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/25/11 01:44 PM

Thanks,Mike! Just ran out to the garage and gave the X a BIG HUG! I've had a change of heart!...the ole' car just needs some refurbishing...and a nice..NEW paint job! Seriously thinking about a NEW color! Maybe Black Cherry...real dark red!...or Black! We'll see! Daty..Thanks for the info,but I've had a change of heart! The ole' GTX looks like it'll be around for a while! Randy
Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/25/11 02:08 PM

Quote:

Thanks,Mike! Just ran out to the garage and gave the X a BIG HUG! I've had a change of heart!...the ole' car just needs some refurbishing...and a nice..NEW paint job! Seriously thinking about a NEW color! Maybe Black Cherry...real dark red!...or Black! We'll see! Randy

PAINT IT BLACK!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/25/11 05:18 PM

Oh my! Boy did I loose sleep over paint color with the Dart. Here's a link to the 1969 pallet:

Paint Chips

Maybe run a poll... My ; there's not near enough green cars out there so keep it green. X's also look goood in white and the bronzes are good color too..ahhhhh so many choices

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/25/11 10:37 PM

DONT CHANGE THE COLOR!!!!!!

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/27/11 03:30 AM

Mike...just might start a little member's poll....see what the "restless natives" prefer,on my ole' green bucket o' bolts! IF I decide to go with a GREEN..it would be a real rich green...kinda-sorta like Josh King's Duster! LOVE that color...and CAR! NO picture that he can post would come close to how BEAUTIFUL it is in person...ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! Heard it was a custom Foose paint!...I guess that explains the depth of the paint!...AWESOME! A REAL dark red is at the top of my list!...LOVE a Black Cherry variation on that color! Tell me what you guys think! Thanks!

Attached picture 6797113-DONUTCUTTER-2011002.jpg
Posted By: joshking440

Re: POSSIBLE GTX FOR DUSTER SWAP??!!! - 08/27/11 01:30 PM

Randy, take a look at the attached link and let me know what you think. My painter is pretty reasonable in comparison and he is here in Indy, so its not to far from you.

I break a few more things I may have a car to give away!!!

https://www.basfrefinish.com/cgi-bin/cap...p;section=color
© 2024 Moparts Forums