Moparts

1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper

Posted By: Stage III

1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/15/11 02:26 PM

Has anyone used ws racing for fiberglass parts? How is there Quality? They are the only company I can find that makes a front bumper for a '67 coronet.
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: 1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/15/11 03:17 PM

Quote:

Has anyone used ws racing for fiberglass parts? How is there Quality? They are the only company I can find that makes a front bumper for a '67 coronet.

I make them here at Sled City Fiberglass for $145 plus $35 for shipping.We also make the lift off hood for $245. www.sledcityevents.com
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: 1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/15/11 03:27 PM

I bought a set of glass bumpers from WS for my road runner. It was very poor quality (and later than they said it would arrive). I had to decide if it was better to throw them in the garbage or get them fixed. I eventually got them fixed. I would not buy anything from WS again.
Posted By: Thor500

Re: 1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/15/11 03:55 PM

WS used to be a good company, I think the son is running it now, I bought a VFN for my 66 and it required zero prep work, just painted it and hung it.

Attached picture 6779182-carss006.jpg
Posted By: Stage III

Re: 1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/15/11 06:30 PM

Glassman, Is the bumper you make for a '66 or '67 dodge? I need the one for a '67 with the blinker holes in it.
Posted By: dragram440

Re: 1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/15/11 06:53 PM

I am also thinking of going fiberglass on my 67 charger since it has crappy bumpers and they are alot cheaper and lighter then steel. This is the only place I have seen them listed for my car.
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/charger.html
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: 1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/15/11 08:26 PM

I bought a VFN for my 66 and it required zero prep work, just painted it and hung it.

Same here
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: 1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/16/11 09:30 PM

Quote:

I am also thinking of going fiberglass on my 67 charger since it has crappy bumpers and they are alot cheaper and lighter then steel. This is the only place I have seen them listed for my car.
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/charger.html

You should google showcar bodyparts. I am sorry to say that I have heard nothing good about their service or quality.
Posted By: G_bob

Re: 1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/16/11 11:21 PM

Bumpers on my 67 are also from VFN and are for 66/67.
Don't know if anyone makes a 67 specific with holes for the turn signals.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: 1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/16/11 11:36 PM

The most CUSTOMER FRIENDLY pieces were the ones that had a parking-lite turn-signal that was slightly recessed(not open)so the option was left up to the customer to .....

FILL the recess, paint the back of the recess and use the lense so it could simulate a working lite OR cut-out the recess to mount the complete working lite assembly.

This is the way I was making any new multi-year bumper molds back in the 90's.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: 1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/17/11 01:00 AM

Quote:

The most CUSTOMER FRIENDLY pieces were the ones that had a parking-lite turn-signal that was slightly recessed(not open)so the option was left up to the customer to .....

FILL the recess, paint the back of the recess and use the lense so it could simulate a working lite OR cut-out the recess to mount the complete working lite assembly.

This is the way I was making any new multi-year bumper molds back in the 90's.

YEAH,,YEAH,,YEAH,, you did this ,,you did that,,why don't you STILL do it..?? I bought 'GOOD' parts from you "years" ago...why don't you get back into the 'groove' and build some good pieces for us Mopar people,,,???,,then you wouldn't have so much time to on here!!!!
Posted By: dOoC

Re: 1967 coronet front fiberglass bumper - 08/17/11 05:52 AM

Hay C-guy .... that bank-approval of the short-sale of the building in Sarasota is getting closer and CLOSER ...

...and then I looking at a 3/2/2 condo that is a short bike-ride to Siesta Key Beach(the #1 beach in the US48) ...

Me? ...a ?? ... 'effen that means keeping some of the and BSers on the WWW on the-straight-and-narrow ... that is my "mission" in life...
© 2024 Moparts Forums