Moparts

can some one measure a 440 crank for me

Posted By: modified1090

can some one measure a 440 crank for me - 08/09/11 05:21 PM

does any one have a 440 crank laying around with the timing gear on it that the can measure for me? i need the distance from the snout of the crank to the top of the timing gear.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: can some one measure a 440 crank for me - 08/09/11 06:09 PM

Quote:

does any one have a 440 crank laying around with the timing gear on it that the can measure for me? i need the distance from the snout of the crank to the top of the timing gear.

Which type of timing gear do you want measured, stock, Cloyes True roller or? Do you want the gear measured or part of the crankshaft?

Re: can some one measure a 440 crank for me - 08/09/11 06:31 PM

i just have a double roller cloyes i need from the top of the gear to the end of the crank
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: can some one measure a 440 crank for me - 08/09/11 11:25 PM

Quote:

i just have a double roller cloyes i need from the top of the gear to the end of the crank

from the inside edge of the gear to the top of the teeth is .694 to .696. The measurement from the inside edge of the gear that rides on the crankshaft to the bottom of the groove in between the teeth is right at .595 using a set of dial calipers These measurements are from a stock Mopar street hemi double roller crankshaft timing gear, not a Cloyse True roller crank gear,I don't have a Cloyes in stock, sorry IHTHs
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: can some one measure a 440 crank for me - 08/10/11 01:18 AM

Quote:

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
Is this the dimension you are looking for?
I came up with 1.767" +/-

Attached picture 6771521-Crank_snout_length.jpg

Re: can some one measure a 440 crank for me - 08/10/11 02:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
Is this the dimension you are looking for?
I came up with 1.767" +/-

yep thats it! thank you. i know what the hub length is on my balancer. with this i can measure the installed balancer and know if it is all the way on or not.
much thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums