Moparts

BB Oil Pump Cover

Posted By: LA360

BB Oil Pump Cover - 08/02/11 02:45 AM

Whom makes an oil pump cover that will allow the use of a remote oil filter with a World Block?? The Muscle Motors unit seems to be only for use with an oil filter.

Thanks

Alan
Posted By: rowin4

Re: BB Oil Pump Cover - 08/02/11 02:50 AM

I have a Milodon on mine. Melling pump Milodon cover. Brand of block has nothing to do with it.
Posted By: LA360

Re: BB Oil Pump Cover - 08/02/11 03:05 AM

The World blocks have an inlet/outlet already, I thought it pertinent to mention it. Worst case I will machine one up if I can't find something that suits.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: BB Oil Pump Cover - 08/02/11 03:27 AM

I have a World block, you can use a stock pump or aftermarket one with or with out the remote filter. On the world block you can just plug the external pickup hole in the front of the block depending on the pickup used.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: BB Oil Pump Cover - 08/02/11 03:44 PM

Quote:

The World blocks have an inlet/outlet already,

That port at the front is an inlet from the pan only - it would replace the Milodon spacer in a dual-line configuration or it would be used if you were blocking off the internal pickup.

You could use either the old Milodon cast "remote filter" cover or their new billet one. Or you could use the Muscle Motors or Milodon covers and screw on a remote filter adapter.

Quote:

I will machine one up if I can't find something that suits

You make it sound like you're the first person to use a world block with remote filters !!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums