Tube Bender

Posted By: racerx

Tube Bender - 07/30/11 08:11 PM

Any one ever use the Eastwood one?

http://www.eastwood.com/professional-tubing-bender.html

Whats your take on it?is it a or on it
Posted By: Commando1

Re: Tube Bender - 07/30/11 10:04 PM

Looks like an awful lot of money for an 8 ton that can only handle less than 2".

You doing a DIY cage?
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Tube Bender - 07/31/11 02:31 AM

only 60 degree's and .089 pipe, I don't think so

Re: Tube Bender - 07/31/11 03:29 AM

Thax's Rowin4 i take it's a on the bender

Commando i presently have a cage in the car,but the hay lo doesn't fit like i think it should so I'm thinking about cutting it out and re doing the halo forward and while I'm at it putting a front snout on the front end when i change the front suspension over to a tubular setup with coil overs next year,just thinking a head Can anyone recommend a decent price one that your average hobbies can afford?

P.S......Any have any pic. of there front snout bars in e-body........Thax.
Posted By: prochargedhemi

Re: Tube Bender - 07/31/11 05:27 AM

check out van saint trick tools. id check out the jd2 benders. a little more money but alot nicer quality
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Tube Bender - 07/31/11 05:58 AM

i have a model 32 from jd2 and the manual isnt that bad of a price....but the dyes are pricey

Re: Tube Bender - 07/31/11 07:26 AM

Quote:

check out van saint trick tools. id check out the jd2 benders. a little more money but a lot nicer quality

Thax.Prochargehemi/Josh 4 that recommendation,i check out that site and it's cool i put it into my favorites so I'll check it out tomorrow.Its getting late I'm off to bed.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Tube Bender - 07/31/11 01:34 PM

I have a JD2 manual bender also, and like it.

Jeff

Attached picture 6754953-bender.JPG

Re: Tube Bender - 07/31/11 02:50 PM

Two ? 1)Can mild steel and chrome molly be welded together reason I'm asking i would like to keep he weight down as much as possible.I know the c/m needs to b tig just wondering if the two can be mated.2)Is there anything in the rule book that states mixing the two types of material....Thax.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Tube Bender - 07/31/11 03:08 PM

I have been using a Pro-Tools 104 that I upgraded to
a hyd unit... it will do 120* bends and thick wall,
multiple dia tubes

Attached picture 6755055-DSC00194.JPG
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Tube Bender - 07/31/11 03:12 PM

Quote:

Two ? 1)Can mild steel and chrome molly be welded together reason I'm asking i would like to keep he weight down as much as possible.I know the c/m needs to b tig just wondering if the two can be mated.2)Is there anything in the rule book that states mixing the two types of material....Thax.

Yes you can attach the mild to moly... BUT that joint
needs to be tigged because you are playing with
moly(at that point)
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Tube Bender - 07/31/11 03:17 PM

Years ago I had a friend install a cage in my car. When I later tried to get it certed the inspecter said I had 2 CM braces that would have to be changed. I don't know if it was because of the welding or the mismatch of metal.

Re: Tube Bender - 07/31/11 03:39 PM

Thax. if it would cause a problem with tech.i'll just keep it all m/s
© 2024 Moparts Forums