Moparts

alcohol

Posted By: cesar perez

alcohol - 07/28/11 08:12 AM

i am planning on switching to alcohol i have a 572 ci. with 572-13 heads and tunnelram what would be best opsion. there are so manny -terminator-toilets-birdcatcher-dominators-plus more. what would be best setup and what improvement in hp and et
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: alcohol - 07/28/11 12:02 PM

The gains depend on how efficient and well tuned your current setup is. I only picked up .10 going from a Dominater on gas to a Terminator on methanol. Mine must have been close, because most claim bigger gains. K J Crawford out of Santa Rosa set my deal up, and it has been bullet proof.
The TR with twin Terminaters will be killer, but a bird catcher will be just as efficient and may cost less. It would be a good idea if you can get the barrel valve mounted below the injector nozzles if possible. That will stop the lines from draining into the runners every time you shut off the motor and should make starting easier.
My system uses Kinsler jets and nozzles. The jets all come with a radius'ed entry which is more accurate.
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: alcohol - 07/28/11 02:35 PM

gregsdart,That is a great idea,my combination barrel valve and shut off valve are maybe 3" above my nozzels now. THANKS!!!

I have a Tunnel-Ram with 2 Terminators and they are Awesome.You can do a burn out(dragster)and stop it hard back up and pull into the stageing beams and never have to clean it out. With the carbs when you stop it from the burn out you would have to be putting it in neutral and revving the engine all at the same time.

A couple of weeks ago at the track the temp. was 103 the heat index 115 after warming it up at the start of the day,I would crank it and only once(made a lane change) I had to turn on the water pump before turning off the track. On the return road I run the water pump & fan when I would get back shut everything down. No having to cool engine what so ever. And I'm still learning how to tune it. Only one word of advice call James Monroe or either Ron's and let them set everything up for you.When you get it back its race ready.

PS They tell me by going to the Terminators on alcohol its worth about 75 hp over the gas carbs.

Attached picture 6750732-ns15.jpg.jpg
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: alcohol - 07/28/11 07:58 PM

As I understand it, a motor will make a bit more torque with the nozzles closer to the plenum, but I have no hard data to back it up. That would really help solving the draining problem!
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: alcohol - 07/29/11 12:11 AM

FAST EFI. I switched to Methanol and picked up .4. And with EFI the AF is always correct so there's no milking of the oil.
Posted By: Slingshot383

Re: alcohol - 07/29/11 05:12 PM

The closer the nozzle is to the intake valve, the more power the motor will make. That's why they make down nozzles. Spud Miller at Fuel Injection Enterprises makes some long tube nozzles that will get the fuel spray right at the intake valve from the intake runner.
© 2024 Moparts Forums