Moparts

The losing streak continues..

Posted By: tboomer

The losing streak continues.. - 07/24/11 05:09 PM

The wife and I was out of town most of the week on business. We got home Friday afternoon and were going to load up and head to CFR for the night of fire. The sky didn't look too good so I checked the radar and we had some nasty storms coming in. So we stayed home and was going to leave early in the morning...It was still raining so we got a late start. We get to the track and I missed my first TT.. The weather was miserable...Hot and humid.the DA was around 3000. Get a TT in and run a 10.57. I let my grandson dial the car...It is important that he is part of a team effort and continues to learn the sport! He puts a 10.57 on the dial board and I get paired with a 67 Camaro dialed 11.79. Here is the incrementals..
Me Him
RT .060 .034
60' 1.436 1.921
330 4.270 5.172
1/8 6.691 7.748
mph 101.83 96.55
1000 8.781 9.960
1/4 10.565 11.836
mph 125.13 120.27
I crossed the line first at .0259,his MOV was .0519. So I gave away an easy win...We did have a good time and I met Hemidup(Jerry) and Oldracer(Russ)...Two very nice guys! I also saw Ralph Rehberger on the starting line but couldn't find him later. Out of all of the cars running there The N/SS were my favorites! I also cut a slick down...Don't know how bad it is ..I will check it later today..
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/24/11 05:29 PM

Bummer Ted
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/24/11 05:30 PM

best thing is you and youre grandson had fun, and met friends,
be better next time
Posted By: 73swinger

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/24/11 05:45 PM

have to agree with Ted about the N/SS cars being the coolest.

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/24/11 05:49 PM

Thanks,guys!! Yes...My grandson is a very big part of our lives. On a brighter note,I just talked to Lonemopar...His daughter,Karrissa went to the finals in sportsman and broke out by a very small margin...I guess he is teaching her right!! The kid is a pretty good driver!!
Posted By: hemidup

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/24/11 06:37 PM

Ted. Nice seeing you again. Racing started at 6pm on Fri and we were rained out by 7pm. Got one pass in and the DA was 4012' for that particular pass. The DA on Sat was as low as 3600 and as high as 3900. yuk! Went red in the 2nd round and was home by 1am.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/24/11 06:51 PM

I've never finished any worse than 2nd, but always had fun.

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/24/11 07:26 PM

Quote:

Ted. Nice seeing you again. Racing started at 6pm on Fri and we were rained out by 7pm. Got one pass in and the DA was 4012' for that particular pass. The DA on Sat was as low as 3600 and as high as 3900. yuk! Went red in the 2nd round and was home by 1am.

Hey Jerry, it was nice to meet you, thanks to the whole group for the hospitality, and shade, we'll have to continue the Hemi conversation sometime. I ended up getting home at 4AM, stayed for the fireworks.

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/24/11 08:09 PM

Chris...What time did the show get finished? They usually have good fireworks! Jerry...That truck will run into the tens when we get good air...I did find the hole in my slick..Looks like I ran over a piece of wire or a small nail...It is close to the sidewall.. Should I try to get it patched or put a tube in...The darned things were brand new!!

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/24/11 08:17 PM

Quote:

Chris...What time did the show get finished? They usually have good fireworks! Jerry...That truck will run into the tens when we get good air...I did find the hole in my slick..Looks like I ran over a piece of wire or a small nail...It is close to the sidewall.. Should I try to get it patched or put a tube in...The darned things were brand new!!

Show finished around midnight, took a while to get out, nearby cheap hotels were full, I was feeling awake, so just kept driving. I will definitly be coming back, hopefully with a car to race. That show was more fun than the show they call NHRA bend over, pay up national events.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/25/11 12:05 AM

Well Ted a bad day of racing still beats work. I'm still waiting on parts that are on intergalactic backorder. Once assembled it still has to go back on the dyno. Once that's done the convertor goes back to TA for a restall. I'm just hoping to drive it this year. Dave
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/25/11 01:55 AM

Well could be worse Ted. I went -.009 today in first round... Bought into the Super Quick, and the car wouldn't fire in the staging lanes... I hate my MSD Digital7 right now.
Posted By: steeldust

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/25/11 03:26 AM

TED maybe next time out it will be better but if you had a little fun and you was with your family and friends that`s what makes it OK but loosing hurts i know that`s all i have been doing is having bad luck .GOOD LUCK RACING

Attached picture 6745488-JUNEBOUNTYRACE.jpg
Posted By: tubtar

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/25/11 11:54 AM

Is the Grandson blaming the driver ?
You may have taught him too well.
Kidding........just kidding.
I wanted to get down there too , but this whole work thing is complicating my life beyond belief.
To the point of waking up in Rolla , Mo today and wondering how I got there.
Eddyville has a similar deal coming up and I have promised myself to make that one.
Maybe both of our lucks will change.
Great to see you setting the hook for the future though........how long before the kid is making laps ?

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/25/11 11:56 AM

Thanks,guys! Jeff...I feel your pain!! I have had a couple of -.001 and -.002 reds in different races this year. Seems like I use up my good lights in time trials! Hope you get your ignition issues figured out! Steeldust..We always have a great time at the track.. Mayor Dave...Are you gonna race that truck! That thing is too cool! I bet when you pop the hood,people poop their pants when they see that big hemi! I have to get a tube ordered and I am going out again next weekend for points. I ain't going down without a fight!!
Posted By: old_racer

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/25/11 01:25 PM

Ted,
it was nice to finally meet you and the wife, don't feel bad I gave my race away on the big end also. man when you guy have storms over there they are major! all friday nite, thank god the track is nice and dried out real fast, you have a nice place to race there! Still had a great time, glad you like our class with the nostalgia cars all a great bunch of guys.
Russ

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/25/11 02:07 PM

Russ...We have a great track! Like I said..You guys put on the best show!! Sure hope someone picks it up for next year!!
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/25/11 03:43 PM

Ted, the best part about leaving last and having the faster car is....when you catch them you can roomp the throttle at time or two or tap the brakes and protect your index.
I know its "Easier Said Than Done"

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/26/11 01:20 PM

I should have tapped the brakes a little more!! But that's racin!! Ordered a new tube,Hope to go out again this weekend for another shot at them!!
Posted By: weedlayer

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/26/11 02:07 PM

you know you will have to drill the hole for the stem to put a tube in.

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/26/11 02:33 PM

Quote:

Ray...I can't use the excisting one?

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/26/11 02:34 PM

Quote:

Who is he going to get to do that for him?

I didn't have to drill my draglites.

Ted, you did buy 2 tubes right???

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/26/11 02:39 PM

Just one,Jeff...I can't run with just one??

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/26/11 02:40 PM

You should run them in both, as a tube stiffens up the sidewall.

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/26/11 02:43 PM

Thanks...I just need to get by for this coming weekend..Woud that be ok before ordering another one?
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/26/11 03:11 PM

Hey man look at the bright side, you stuff 'aint broke and you got to go play.
Posted By: weedlayer

Re: The losing streak continues.. - 07/26/11 04:06 PM

I had to drill my Pro Stars

never put tubes in my Draglites
© 2024 Moparts Forums