Moparts

HENSLEY Performance - Knoxville, TN

Posted By: WyleECoyote

HENSLEY Performance - Knoxville, TN - 07/21/11 04:05 PM

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

They have had my 440 for 17 months. When I dropped it off they said there was a 3 to 5 month wait. I made a $500 deposit and waited patiently...

About month 8, I called and they said I was getting close to the top of the list. I waited...

At the 1 year mark, I called and they said that yeah, they have started on it and that they found a few problems and they'd finish looking in to it and call me back.

Finally, about 3 months ago, I had to call THEM back. They said they have it apart and want more money to finish the job!

I'm trying to figure our the best course of action before I go over and visit them. What do you guys think???
Posted By: mosweethemi

Re: HENSLEY Performance - Knoxville, TN - 07/21/11 04:11 PM

I have always dealed with Ken and Alice. Good Mopar pepole. Call and ask to talk Ken .
Posted By: Thor500

Re: HENSLEY Performance - Knoxville, TN - 07/21/11 04:12 PM

I wouldn't wait that long,especially in this economy. Lots of other good shops out there.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: HENSLEY Performance - Knoxville, TN - 07/21/11 05:42 PM

Quote:

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

They have had my 440 for 17 months. When I dropped it off they said there was a 3 to 5 month wait. I made a $500 deposit and waited patiently...

I agree 17 months is a bit long for a build. But on the other hand a $500 deposit isn’t near enough to build an engine. I bet if you gave Ken a progress payment every couple of months your engine would be done by now. I don’t know if you gave Ken any parts besides the old engine to work with, but most shops want cash before they order new parts for a build, especially the small shops like Ken’s. Ken is a stand up guy and will bend over back ward to help you out. Cash and communication is the key.
Posted By: Gumbydammit

Re: HENSLEY Performance - Knoxville, TN - 07/21/11 05:49 PM

I agree with the above statement, $500 isn't going to get you far, however, I think it would be good business for the shop to call and say ' hey we're getting started, we need some dough for parts and labor etc. '
Posted By: 526ciduster

Re: HENSLEY Performance - Knoxville, TN - 07/21/11 07:08 PM

17 months is stupid. If they needed more money they should of called. I had work done there before they were slow but that is crazy. Too many good machine shops around to do that kind of stuff.
Posted By: racerx

Re: HENSLEY Performance - Knoxville, TN - 07/21/11 10:45 PM

Have not had any work perform by them, but have took there recommendation on part of my build They seem 2b very patient with talking to me and helping me understand what was going on.And that was did after i've purchase part from them........
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: HENSLEY Performance - Knoxville, TN - 07/21/11 10:51 PM

Don't really care who they are or they're reputation the OP was told 5 months and obviously they accepted that deposit....17 months later and nothing is a joke.....now on the other hand there is always two sides to every story and we are only hearing one.....

Rickster
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: HENSLEY Performance - Knoxville, TN - 07/22/11 12:18 AM

What problems did they find that required months of additional time? If I were you, I'd take a ride down to Hensley, pay the balance, take my parts home, and look for another shop to do the work.
I think its time for when a company gives you an estimate of completion, ask them to put it in writing in a contract. If they balk, then find someone else. It will save many headaches in the long run.
© 2024 Moparts Forums