Moparts

PRW rocker oil ?

Posted By: hemidup

PRW rocker oil ? - 07/21/11 05:34 AM

Finished up a 440 Source heads with PWR rockers and a Comp Cams swap today. While priming the engine, fricking oil shot out from every hole from the PRW rocker arm holes about 8 feet with 35 psi on the gauge and soaked my kid down with oil. You should have seen the look on his face. lol Priceless.

Anywho, is this normal since there's no needle bearings? I've never seen anything like this before. Basically its more of an oil hemoridge than anything.

Scarded to fire it up tomorrow for the cam break in.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: PRW rocker oil ? - 07/21/11 06:29 AM

Sounds like it is time for some oil restrictors in the oil galleys or in the heads to limit the oil volume to the rockers, are you oiling the rockers full time or did this only occur when turning the motor over to where the cam let oil go up to the rockers?If oiling full time restrict it, if not don't
Posted By: formula S

Re: PRW rocker oil ? - 07/22/11 07:30 AM

Quote:

Finished up a 440 Source heads with PWR rockers and a Comp Cams swap today. While priming the engine, fricking oil shot out from every hole from the PRW rocker arm holes about 8 feet with 35 psi on the gauge and soaked my kid down with oil. You should have seen the look on his face. lol Priceless.

Anywho, is this normal since there's no needle bearings? I've never seen anything like this before. Basically its more of an oil hemoridge than anything.

Scarded to fire it up tomorrow for the cam break in.

I used these rockers on a very mild 360 and the same thing happend except the part about the soaked kid, it looked like a lawn sprinkler when I primed the motor
© 2024 Moparts Forums