Moparts

Convertor ID?

Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Convertor ID? - 07/20/11 12:41 AM

I looked at a converter today for a 727, guy swears it is a Turbo Action race converter that has been on the shelf for almost 20 years. Story goes, it was bought new with a T/A transmission, put in a race Daytona and wrecked on its first full pass. car was sold after a while (years), then engine was sold a few years later. Then someone stole the trans from him, and all he has left is the converter.
It measures 10" and has numbers stamped on it: 11895 in half inch tall numbers and then in smaller numbers its stamped 4969, then in a different small stamp it has 3 85. that is all I can find on it. There is NO wear on ring gear and pump lugs show now wear and also no seal groove on snout.

Anyone remember these #'s?

Thanks,
Brian Dunnigan
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Convertor ID? - 07/20/11 09:08 PM

I would call Turbo Action. Paul can tell you easily if it's one of his converters.

www.turboaction.com
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Convertor ID? - 07/20/11 09:20 PM

Quote:

I would call Turbo Action. Paul can tell you easily if it's one of his converters.

www.turboaction.com

I called Paul on one of my converters and
he told me all about it and what it should stall at
with the engine I'm building for my Rampage
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Convertor ID? - 07/20/11 09:41 PM

Wild guess, 3 85 is probably the build date and 4969 might be an 069J converter.
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Convertor ID? - 07/20/11 11:25 PM

I talked to Paul today and he said its not his. His converters have had a serial number from day one and his chrysler 727 converters start with 17XXX. No SN can be found on it. Anyone have a clue who's it could be? Thanks,

Brian Dunnigan
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Convertor ID? - 07/21/11 02:50 AM

Post up a pic, better chance we can ID it
© 2024 Moparts Forums