Moparts

Smoking Problem (HELP)

Posted By: Dustin71

Smoking Problem (HELP) - 07/19/11 07:54 PM

Hey Guys....
Need help with a Smoking Problem...
My Duster W/440 is smoking out the mufflers when I'm in a traffic light or at a stop sign... Also when it's running at Idle... I have the Crankcase Evacuation System that Jegs sell's.... I've had this Kit on the car for a few Yrs now... Worked fine.... Never seen smoke from the exhuast before... But now there is smoke coming out the Exhuast ... Looks like light blue smoke (Oil) ..... I'm working on finding out what's going on with this smoke.... I know there's many reason on oil burning(Rings) (valve seals) (valve guides)ect...
Need help on ruleing out the Evac System possibly pulling oil thru?
Thanks for the help....
Posted By: Viol8r

Re: Smoking Problem (HELP) - 07/19/11 08:06 PM

The checks on the evac system probably went bad and its pressuring the crankcase now.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Smoking Problem (HELP) - 07/19/11 08:12 PM

Quote:

Hey Guys....
Need help with a Smoking Problem...
My Duster W/440 is smoking out the mufflers when I'm in a traffic light or at a stop sign... Also when it's running at Idle... I have the Crankcase Evacuation System that Jegs sell's.... I've had this Kit on the car for a few Yrs now... Worked fine.... Never seen smoke from the exhuast before... But now there is smoke coming out the Exhuast ... Looks like light blue smoke (Oil) ..... I'm working on finding out what's going on with this smoke.... I know there's many reason on oil burning(Rings) (valve seals) (valve guides)ect...
Need help on ruleing out the Evac System possibly pulling oil thru?
Thanks for the help....

Take the hose off of the valve cover and put your
hand over it... give it a few revs... is the hose
stuck to your hand OR is it blowing back into the
engine... take the hose off and go for a drive
Posted By: Joshs68

Re: Smoking Problem (HELP) - 07/19/11 08:59 PM

I had an intake gasket that was letting oil get sucked into the intake ports, made smoke like that.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Smoking Problem (HELP) - 07/19/11 09:08 PM

Quote:

I had an intake gasket that was letting oil get sucked into the intake ports, made smoke like that.

Posted By: Mick70RR

Re: Smoking Problem (HELP) - 07/19/11 09:10 PM

Quote:

This has happened to me a number of times.

Re: Smoking Problem (HELP) - 07/19/11 09:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Come on guys... start with the easy stuff... if it
isnt the evac then move on to the next easiest thing

Re: Smoking Problem (HELP) - 07/19/11 09:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok.... I Did the test that you said MR P_Body. And yes, there is one side of the Check Valve pushing Exhuast tru it... The other side is Sucking...the one pushing burned a hole in the hose....I'm almost out of work so I will drive it home and see if the Smoking stops.... And I'm hoping that it's as simple as a check valve... Even tho I was thinking about what Joshs68 said about the intake gasket sucking oil too... I did my own custom gasket since I home ported the heads and Intake. Will let you guys know later on tonight on the Driving Home and see if the smokes stops... Again I Thank you all for the help...

Re: Smoking Problem (HELP) - 07/19/11 09:54 PM

Quote:

The checks on the evac system probably went bad and its pressuring the crankcase now.

Re: Smoking Problem (HELP) - 07/19/11 09:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok.... I Did the test that you said MR P_Body. And yes, there is one side of the Check Valve pushing Exhuast tru it... The other side is Sucking...the one pushing burned a hole in the hose....I'm almost out of work so I will drive it home and see if the Smoking stops.... And I'm hoping that it's as simple as a check valve... Even tho I was thinking about what Joshs68 said about the intake gasket sucking oil too... I did my own custom gasket since I home ported the heads and Intake. Will let you guys know later on tonight on the Driving Home and see if the smokes stops... Again I Thank you all for the help...

Understand its going to take some time to burn that
oil out of the exhaust... see if it gets less....
hopefully thats the issue

Re: Smoking Problem (HELP) - 07/20/11 02:38 AM

Well Got home after 4miles of Driving and the smoke seems to be a little less ..... Off tomarrow so will do some more Driving to burn some of that oil in the muffler out.... Also, the idle was a little higher than before and Throttle response was smoother but quick....This is looking good Will buy the new Check Valve Tomarrow when that oil burns out some more......Thanks...........
© 2024 Moparts Forums