Moparts

TCI competition torqueflight??????

Posted By: modified1090

TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 02:41 PM

how do you guys feel about the competition 727 that TCI builds? i am thinking of buying one but need some reassurance that i am making the right choise.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 02:46 PM

I'd get a kit from Turbo Action,CRT,ATI etc and build it myself.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 04:49 PM

Absolutely NOT! TCI has been cheating customers for years. Total Crap Inside...They also use false advertising and make claims they cannot possibly hold true to. Don't ever use them.
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 04:52 PM

Quote:

I'd get a kit from Turbo Action,CRT,ATI etc and build it myself.

But also go to Amazon.com and buy the Torqueflite 727 handbook by Carl Munroe.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 05:23 PM

if it were me I would by a trans from CRT...John will NOT cheat you and he stands behind his product...and I think he's a great guy...

http://coperacingtrans.com/
Posted By: savoyracer

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 05:40 PM

Didn't get that reassurance did you?

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 06:38 PM

Quote:

if it were me I would by a trans from CRT...John will NOT cheat you and he stands behind his product...and I think he's a great guy...

i met john last year at cc event at norwalk and i agree he is a great guy and if i had a pocket full of cash there would be no question about it i would have his trans in my car. the main reason i considered tci was i could get no interest financing from summit
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 07:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i met john last year at cc event at norwalk and i agree he is a great guy and if i had a pocket full of cash there would be no question about it i would have his trans in my car. the main reason i considered tci was i could get no interest financing from summit

A friend had a TCI trans that he opened up just to
check it and it was pretty lame in there... CHEAP
parts
Posted By: 340B5

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 09:37 PM

While on the subject of TCI(total crap inside... ) What about their converters? I've had one laying around for about 14 years now.
Posted By: 67dodge67

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 09:43 PM

Quote:

Definitely an above and beyond guy. He helped me out with my 727 and I can't thank him enough for his input and advise. Save up some $$ and go with him. He will stand behind his product 100 fold x 10.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 10:17 PM

I upgraded a new one, that had a narrow bushing front clutch drum on a wide reaction shaft. It was also filthy. It still had the part number tag on it. I would pass. See if you can get some local guy, like me, who doesn't make a living at it, but has experience, build it for you. Pretty much a stock rebuild, some low dollar upgrades with a valve body will go a long way.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 10:27 PM

Quote:

While on the subject of TCI(total crap inside... ) What about their converters? I've had one laying around for about 14 years now.

Got a small boat?
Posted By: Get-X

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 10:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Got a small boat?

Hehe Where do you hook up the anchor rope though??
Posted By: 340B5

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 10:36 PM

For Sale...Gotta be better than a GER
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/17/11 10:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Got a small boat?

Hehe Where do you hook up the anchor rope though??

Thats the reason for the holes in the ring gear
Or they give you 4 bolt holes

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/18/11 05:11 PM

Quote:

I upgraded a new one, that had a narrow bushing front clutch drum on a wide reaction shaft. It was also filthy. It still had the part number tag on it. I would pass. See if you can get some local guy, like me, who doesn't make a living at it, but has experience, build it for you. Pretty much a stock rebuild, some low dollar upgrades with a valve body will go a long way.

ok i did find a local guy to do it for me burt brown he has been doing torquflights for a long time now and his involvement at the local tracks i huge. so i feel confident that i will get a piece that will do good for me
Posted By: codfish

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/18/11 06:57 PM

Quote:

A 14 year old door stop. Almost an antique now.

codfish
Posted By: deaks

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/18/11 09:50 PM

I've got a tci superstreetfighter trans in mine, a friend bought it new and the bellhousing got cracked in transit, i had it welded, swapped my A and A vb into it and ultimate converter and touch wood haven't had a problem yet but you've got me worried now.
Mick
Posted By: tex013

Re: TCI competition torqueflight?????? - 07/18/11 11:12 PM

why don't you look at a B&M unit.thats what i run ,been 3 or 4 years now,jus finally put a Griner mvb in a few months ago.

this is in my b body

Tex
© 2024 Moparts Forums