Moparts

mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway

Posted By: slomoshun

mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 07/03/11 05:27 AM

Kanawha valley dragway is planning a mopar vs the world sept 3rd. Details to follow in the next few weeks. I hope many of you can go. i will post details as soon as they are available
Posted By: B_Body_Bob

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 07/03/11 03:34 PM

Bummer my road runner's in pieces.

Is the track running any better under the new management?
Posted By: Frito

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 07/03/11 03:54 PM

Great news, I will come just to see the GREEN car. GO FRED!!!!

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 07/03/11 04:22 PM

The guys running are just leasing track. They are doing a good job preping track. ihave raced there about 7 times this year and track has been excellent every time but car count is down. Last night in 6 passes 60ft 1.282-1.288 et 5.669-5.694 hopefully we can get some mopar guys to go this weekend It would be nice to see more than the usual 4 or 5 mopars and most times i am only mopar in box class.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 07/03/11 04:32 PM

That date sounds reasonable to me...should be able to make it out by then,,,, Hope to get out 'way' before that though!!
Posted By: dartman366

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 07/03/11 05:27 PM

Depending on my work schedule I would like to be there,, havent been there in a couple of years and always liked the track but the last time i was there the track prep was horrible and was driving over clumps of rubber on the starting line, If in fact they are prepping it like they should then it would be a pleasure to come back.
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 07/03/11 08:52 PM

Kanawha Valley was one of the best hooking tracks back in the 90's.

.........but, I haven't been there since the 90's either.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 07/04/11 06:11 PM

Hey Jeff, here's a for ya,,,also what are the perticulars on this race,, entry,payout etc. also maybe post their web site for the guy's

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 07/05/11 02:42 AM

The website is kanrace.com As for everything else we just talked about it this weekend and decided to do it. the only thing we know for sure is sept 3rd hopefully we have more details within next 2 weeks. I told him that should be a pretty good weekend to try it because no mopower events and national trails is having a ford race that weekend. hopefully there will be a decent turnout and maybe next year could be a little better. I will post details as soon as the are set in stone. hope you all can make it.

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 08/21/11 10:49 PM

Hope some more Mopars show up this. Good turn out of them Saturday...maybe they are getting ready...
Posted By: OA5599

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 08/29/11 06:24 PM

We will do our best to be there this weekend. Hope to see a good turnout.

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 08/30/11 01:37 AM

I'll be there...went down last Friday to T/T to see if I had my 'miss' corrected. I did have the miss corrected and ran rather well. Went back Saturday for the regular race,,which they were having two of,,I ran the first race,, but didn't stay for the second one. I had gotten beat enough for the day,,,!! I ran a 6.625 on a 6.62,,,my opponent ran a 6.5601 on a 6.560,,,his light was a 'bit' better than mine ,,but it was a good race, . But I am still digging and getting my 'stuff in a pile',,,looking forward to the 'belly dancers' from Magadore, India. Hope alot of Mopars show up for this event. Hope to have some new shocks delivered before this race..

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 08/31/11 02:17 AM

will be there with the dakota

Re: mopar vs world @kanawha valley dragway - 09/02/11 03:29 AM

if anyone was planning on going i just checked website and time has changed gates open 3:00 tt at 5:00 probably trying to beat the heat
© 2024 Moparts Forums