Moparts

Turbo 4 A body

Posted By: PHJ426

Turbo 4 A body - 06/30/11 09:11 PM

http://www.dragzine.com/news/hump-day-holeshot-frankendart-runs-10s-with-a-4-banger-turbo/
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: Turbo 4 A body - 07/01/11 03:17 AM

Bum Bum Bum. I asked the question of having a turbocharged japanese motor in my Dodge Dart a year ago (when I wasn't as smart) and I was practically flogged and stoned to death for it. My dad was even thinking about putting the my Stealth's engine in it after I had the accident.

But back to the Dart in question, I don't see it as being that bad. It is probably lighter than most A-bodies out there for that amount of horsepower and it is something unique and hasn't been done (probably for some obvious reasons, but still).
Posted By: PHJ426

Re: Turbo 4 A body - 07/01/11 04:12 AM

There is a Dart with a turbo Ford small block in it and the owner is a member here.

Then there is the Olds Cutlass with a turbo 440 in it and the original builder is a member on here as well.

And the Mitsu turbo Colts were sold by Dodge long before Shelby was building turbo 2.2's.

Its different, its as fast as most good stroker small block A bodies.

If you really want to make people scratch thier heads put a rotary engine in that Dart and do whatever they do to them to make em fly
© 2024 Moparts Forums