Moparts

wiring the cuda

Posted By: sixpackgut

wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 01:15 AM

one thing that always bothered me about the challenger is i couldnt reach the switches on the dash when i was belted in.

so i bought a TRICK switch panel from a local with the best of the best stuff in his cars.

so insted of doing the fuse block GM wiring kit like i did in the challenger i did this with the cuda. switch panel has circuit breakers.

almost afraid of posting this cuz someone will surely tell me its crap but if someone sees something wrong, now would be the time to find out

Attached picture 6704534-062701_1841[00].jpg
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 01:20 AM

Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 01:43 AM

Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 01:52 AM

Crap.. You just reminded me that I'm supposed to call Gil @ Speedwire.. He's making my new system..

Your's looks awesome though.. I like..

I don't have the time or the talent..

Chris..
Posted By: PC-CHARGER

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 01:58 AM

Looks real good. Only suggestion I would make is to maybe use the molded connectors for the relays. If you have to replace a relay or have the wiring apart for some reason, the connectors make it real simple to get all the wires back in the correct position.

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 02:08 AM

Quote:

Looks real good. Only suggestion I would make is to maybe use the molded connectors for the relays. If you have to replace a relay or have the wiring apart for some reason, the connectors make it real simple to get all the wires back in the correct position.

thanks, that's good advise and i do have them but they have wires comming out of them. i need to find the terminals that fit inside and i could redo them like that no problem. it was something i thought about already
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 03:58 AM

why not use the wires you need and remove the ones you don't? by the way, there's nothing special about the terminals. pop one out and you'll see what i mean. oh, almost forgot, i see a crooked wire, see it????

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 04:27 AM

Quote:

why not use the wires you need and remove the ones you don't? by the way, there's nothing special about the terminals. pop one out and you'll see what i mean. oh, almost forgot, i see a crooked wire, see it????

the terminals have the clippy things to hold them in place. the retard and nitrous stuff not wired up yet. that is 2 days of work a couple hours a night.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 04:39 AM

Hey, it looks fine and organized. I too like the premolded pigtails for the relays. But I have a relay wired up just like yours for the fuel pump in the trunk of my car.

It takes alot of extra time, but I also like to use the epoxy heat shrinkwrap at all the wire terminal connections.
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 05:38 AM

looks good, way nicer than the junk in my car
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 05:45 AM

Quote:

i couldnt reach the switches on the dash when i was belted in.

I cured that by sliding a piece of hose over the toggle.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 06:41 AM

I really like it and have been rewiring different areas on my dart like, relaying my headlights and cleaning stuff up under the dash. I`d like to get a Painless or equal wiring kit and rewire the WHOLE car from scratch and end up w/something similar to what you have there.

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 12:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i couldnt reach the switches on the dash when i was belted in.

I cured that by sliding a piece of hose over the toggle.

its simple things like that i never think of
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 01:22 PM

Looks GREAT!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 01:24 PM

Nice work,Ray!
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 01:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

thanks, that's good advise and i do have them but they have wires comming out of them. i need to find the terminals that fit inside and i could redo them like that no problem. it was something i thought about already

www.delcity.com for your electrical component needs. They sell the kit that has the terminals and molded plug.....I think under $2 each. I keep alot of items in my stash of parts.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 01:46 PM

Looks nice Ray! Wanna do my cuda next?

Re: wiring the cuda - 06/29/11 02:03 PM

Quote:

Looks nice Ray! Wanna do my cuda next?

I would need the car at my shop for awhile and i would have to test it repeatedly for a couple weeks to make sure no wires wiggle loose
© 2024 Moparts Forums