Moparts

CARB WHISTLES

Posted By: rickb67

CARB WHISTLES - 06/28/11 06:24 AM

Had an 850 converted to E85 finally got to the track on sunday.Had my regular gas carb on for first pass ran fine. Put the E85 carb on drained the race gas and filled it with E85.Had a whistle in the carb thought it was a vacumn leak. We sprayed it down with starting fluid could not find it. You can hear it coming thru the pits even.I can hold my hand over the right venturies and it will kind of block the sound.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/28/11 01:30 PM

adjust the rear throttle blades a little
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/28/11 03:48 PM

Did you make a pass with the e-85? Did it run any better?
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/28/11 06:21 PM

Do you know why its whistling??? Because it doesnt know the words!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Posted By: Dartthunder340

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/28/11 07:11 PM

Ha,ha! Mikes Duster that made me laugh.
Posted By: Rapid340

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/28/11 07:40 PM

Its not unusual for these old cars to whistle past the the junkyard.
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/28/11 09:20 PM

Quote:

Ha,ha! Mikes Duster that made me laugh.

Sorry but I had to say it!!!!! LOL
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/28/11 09:54 PM

Did you plug the inlet(if it has one) on the rear of the carb for the PCV
Posted By: tubtar

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/28/11 10:02 PM

Quote:

Do you know why its whistling??? Because it doesnt know the words!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I had to chuckle at this one.
It sure sounds like a vacuum leak to me......but if carb clean didn't find it
It wasn't the environmentally friendly non flammable stuff that won't remove dust carb cleaner , was it ?
Posted By: rickb67

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/29/11 06:19 AM

Yes i did make a several passes on E85. It hasn't made a difference yet. The track sunday was terrible. Mike that made me laugh to . All ports are plugged.do i open the rear throttle plates or close them.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/29/11 12:14 PM

The few times I've had a whistle, it leaked at the base plate.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/29/11 01:05 PM

Quote:

Yes i did make a several passes on E85. It hasn't made a difference yet. The track sunday was terrible. Mike that made me laugh to . All ports are plugged.do i open the rear throttle plates or close them.

i would try opening them just a bit. it sucks to do with stock holleys because it may still be there. one of my outboards whistles at certain spot but i can adjust them with them on the car.
Posted By: tex013

Re: CARB WHISTLES - 06/29/11 10:58 PM

had similar situation .1 of the mixture screw washers/seals,cork type,had shrunk.screw backed out .
must of sucked there.replaced the mixture screw seal,reset mixture - whistle gone

Tex
© 2024 Moparts Forums