Moparts

68 Hemi Dart,sale or not?

Posted By: B G Racing

68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 03:52 PM

What a delemmia,offers for the Dart are making me wander if I should keep it or sale.Ever since the All Hemi Reunion we have had many inquires.It was so bad at the show that we packed it up and sent it home early Saturday.Now we are having a hard time not to consider some of the offers.Should we keep it or succumb to greed?
Posted By: BJS racing

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 03:55 PM

BG you know your the only one that can make that decision. What ever you choose you know we've got your back! Oh and you will have to buy the beer at the next race!
Posted By: CRE2004

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 04:02 PM

Do something generous and noble and donate it to my SS Hemi museum
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/24/08 04:17 PM

Posted By: LAR_414

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 04:23 PM

I don't know your finances Bob, but I'd keep it and if you are bored with just showing it, do something else with it.
Maybe Drive it more on the street or race it more at the track.

Just a thought.

Nice problem to have!
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 04:25 PM

Quote:

What a delemmia,offers for the Dart are making me wander if I should keep it or sale.Ever since the All Hemi Reunion we have had many inquires.It was so bad at the show that we packed it up and sent it home early Saturday.Now we are having a hard time not to consider some of the offers.Should we keep it or succumb to greed?

Hi there you may not remember me for it was a long, long time ago but my mom said that I was conceived behind a barn in a hog pen in 84 PA. She said I would eventually find out who my dad is because of his "Godfather" background and his love for animals and something about building stuff to make a living. Remember me now DAD? By the way I could use a car if ya got one

Posted By: DoubleD

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 04:27 PM

Considering the market is extremely depressed right now for the high-end collectible car – I would hold on to it – at least for the short term. There are quite a few vultures buying (hence the interest) right now – thinking that the bottom is in – but we are far from the economic bottom yet. So unless you need the cash don't sell.
Posted By: Big_Fish

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 04:32 PM

Completely!!!
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 04:35 PM

I'd sell my house before I sold an original Hemi Dart. Then again the Dart is worth more than my house, lol. If it wasn't a factory race car I'd probably sell it. But since it is, I say keep it. Aren't you the original owner?
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 04:37 PM

I forgot to mention that if you're running out of space I have a nice heated garage

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 04:51 PM

Well for one thing my financial position is very solid.To those illigalitimate children climbing out from under the wood pile(I didn't marry your mother so tough) you little basturds.And I know who the crooks are in the business(don't bother to call me)The big problem started when we started showing the car.As long as it was stored away all was well.Curt Jr will be getting all of Curt's cars.Because of my health issues I need to resolve any lose ends on my part especially my obligations to my close group of friends.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 04:53 PM

Go on the match race circuit with Fred.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 04:55 PM

One things for sure...If you decide to keep it the value isn't likely to drop anytime soon, sounds like a darn nice car!

Posted By: Steve1118

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 05:01 PM

Brother Bob, you know how I feel about NSS racing, and you also know how much I enjoy being with you guys.

I realize the reluctance of modifying the white car....believe me, I totally understand. Well, that Dart is the answer!! You know guys like Beaver Bob would luvvv to see that at some Nostlgia events, out there, racing.

It would mid to high tens, just loafing, and you'd never break it. You wouldn't have to worry about the FAA physical and stuff. And, the car would be an incredible attention getter, and allow you to relive the past with the rest of us geezers. Not every weekend, but run it with us four or five times a summer. Besides, when folks see the two of us running around together, it makes me look so much better.

I know the purists will go crazy, because that is probably the most original one in the country. But, so what? Sitting in some barn isn't doing it any good, the car is safe, and running to 6500 it will last forever. Don't monkey with it, just run it.

That saves the white Belvedere as the continuing tribute to Curt, and gets the ol' bear back in the NSS game, where he belongs. C'mon! We'll have a blast!

We'll get T-shirts : "The Bear is Back!! Comeback Tour 2009".

Attached picture 4707301-BobGDart.jpg
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 05:03 PM

Bob, hold on to it for a while to see how things work out. Most of the serious offers will be good then as they are now. Thanks for sending a hat up.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 05:06 PM

"I need to resolve any lose ends on my part especially my obligations to my close group of friends"

And a Noble Man you are - there are many ways to En-Trust a valuable asset today so that all parties future or current interest are best served even after your physical life has passed- My advice would be to look into a trust arrangement for the car
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 05:11 PM

my opinion is this. NOT to sell!!!!
Posted By: liteweight

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 05:12 PM

Bob; I checked out your car at the Reunion.You got a real sweet piece there.How long have you owned it???I'm thinking it's been quite a long time.In todays market,it's the cars that stand out from the rest that are bringing the high desire & with that $$$$$.I think your car falls into that catagory.When all is said & done,if you do sell it,you gotta remember that there's only so many of these things that were built.Very few are left out there undiscovered.Trying to get another one (if you have that thought) will not be a easy task.Ask yourself this,why do these guys want your car???One of the reasons is there are no cars available on the open market.Nobody's selling.The restored cars are not bringing the same interest as the "old school cars" are.The "pedegree" cars are pretty much reserved for the high end collectors.If your getting bored with it,I agree with Fred,put it back on the race track & make some laps with it!!!! After all that's why they built these things in the first place.They were never built to be show pooches.If you do sell, you can be almost guaranteed it'll turn into a poodle that'll never see the back side of a christmas tree again.
This of coarse is just my opinion,& you gotta fiqure out what's best for you & family!!!!
There's always another choice tho,if your bored with yours,I'll trade you for my car,& when we get bored again,we can trade back.

Liteweight
Daryl

Attached picture 4707325-Summer06-1.jpg
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 05:12 PM

Bob the car is better than money in the bank. If you sell it you will probably never get another chance of owning one. But only you can make the call.
Posted By: Jimi_Vignogna

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 05:13 PM

hi bob , if you dont sell your dart please ask some of your interested parties to call me i am selling my dads 1964 and 65 plymouths and my wagon(behemoth)is for sale.
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 05:41 PM

how about driving the car? and enjoying it?
there is a guy that drives his real 1.8 million dollar factory race cobra every friday night to the hotrod hang out.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 05:42 PM

Quote:

hi bob , if you dont sell your dart please ask some of your interested parties to call me i am selling my dads 1964 and 65 plymouths and my wagon(behemoth)is for sale.

Will do Jimi,tell dad Hi for me.Everyone needs to understand,I can't predict the future all I can do is prepare for it.I have had too many close calls in the past and I want to have the piece of mind that all is taken care of for those I care about.I want the satisfaction of living each day and enjoying them with out the wandering what happens if I get hit by a Mack truck tommarrow or maybe next week.I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with just such an issue with Curt's accident and don't want family and friends going through it again.I hope that I'll be around long enough to torment everyone and have a great time doing it.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/24/08 05:49 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 05:53 PM

Quote:

let me drive it

On a serious note though BG. I know that feeling. I've been on the death bed before my self. Its an uneasy feeling. I don't even have the answers for myself so I certainly couldn't give you the answers. It will come to you in due time. I'm sure you will make the right decision for YOU and YOUR FAMILY!
Posted By: hemicop

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 05:55 PM

I sold 2 , regretted it ever since------KEEP IT!
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 07:32 PM

To me it's a no-brainer, if you don't need the $$$ hold on to it and enjoy it, it's only going to go up in value

Rickster

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 07:34 PM

I've got a rusty '75 Dodge pickup that I might be persuaded to trade even up for that clunky ol' Dart...
Posted By: moprod

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 08:53 PM

Bob, did you ever uncover any previous history of the car before you bought it?
I missed the reunion and meeting you. Remember I questione you about it being the Madden car?
Posted By: dc426

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 09:01 PM

I sold my "real" hemi dart in 1999 and have regretted it ever since.
DC
Posted By: dartman366

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 09:09 PM

Don't do it Bob, just don't do it!! that way I know where it is, so I can come see it.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/24/08 10:20 PM

Quote:

Any pics of her.?

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 12:13 AM

"To me it's a no-brainer, if you don't need the $$$ hold on to it and enjoy it, it's only going to go up in value

Rickster"

What he said.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 12:35 AM

Quote:

Brother Bob, you know how I feel about NSS racing, and you also know how much I enjoy being with you guys.

I realize the reluctance of modifying the white car....believe me, I totally understand. Well, that Dart is the answer!! You know guys like Beaver Bob would luvvv to see that at some Nostlgia events, out there, racing.

It would mid to high tens, just loafing, and you'd never break it. You wouldn't have to worry about the FAA physical and stuff. And, the car would be an incredible attention getter, and allow you to relive the past with the rest of us geezers. Not every weekend, but run it with us four or five times a summer. Besides, when folks see the two of us running around together, it makes me look so much better.

I know the purists will go crazy, because that is probably the most original one in the country. But, so what? Sitting in some barn isn't doing it any good, the car is safe, and running to 6500 it will last forever. Don't monkey with it, just run it.

That saves the white Belvedere as the continuing tribute to Curt, and gets the ol' bear back in the NSS game, where he belongs. C'mon! We'll have a blast!

We'll get T-shirts : "The Bear is Back!! Comeback Tour 2009".

I like the way you think Steve,my priorities are to get all my ducks in a row,then I can concentrate on enjoying myself.My contract at work is up this spring.I haven't decided if I will renew it.They have already started lobbying for me to sign up for another 5 years.As far as a comeback tour,heck,I never left.I have just been lurking in the shadows for awhile.I may just have a farewell tour to all my activities and just hang out here with all the great friends and racers.It don't get much better than this.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 12:49 AM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 01:33 AM

Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 01:55 AM

Quote:

Bob, I have seen the glow on your face and the gleam in your eyes at the track a few times this year.It was great to see the enjoyment you were getting and the fun you were having.( Even if some of it was at other's expense ) Driving Curt's car is one thing but making passes in your old 68 SS car is going to be hard to beat. I say give it a try in NSS. Of course you will need more practice on the lights those .550's aint gonna cut it.Maybe Curt Jr. can give you some pointers.
There's no doubt in my mind you have the stones to race the car unlike the many show poodles at the Hemi Reunion

I AGREE when your at the track it looks like your at home

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 02:03 AM

Posted By: CH3NO2

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 02:24 AM

show us pic's of it.
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 02:25 AM

it's yous to do with as you please, but if you want to race 1 build a clone and don't worry about the unexpected ( ask the guy that rolled the dodge at norwalk). you have the knowhow, the friends and the money to put a clone together to race and leave the real thing intact so if you heirs NEED to sell it they will be taken care of! just my 3ddart

Attached picture 4708484-hemiitems048.jpg
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 02:34 AM

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2923548200103932487jhnqNt Sell it and send a grandkid to college !!

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 03:17 AM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 03:25 AM

AGREED FRED
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 03:32 AM

don't really think i'm a sissy fred, just too poor to own a real 1!!!!!
Posted By: chrisf

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 03:39 AM

offers must not be high enough if you still have it.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 03:41 AM

Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 04:22 AM

Yeah, it is rare, there won't be anymore built and it is worth a lot of money, but in the end of the day, it is just a car. Do with it, what it was intended for...race it.

Monte

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 04:31 AM

Quote:

I am just trying to poke the bear into the land and very small exclusive club of the crazy racers. It now consists of myself, Kevin and the Motown Missle along with Tom Bryan owner of the Bill Jenkins Monza. All real cars and very expensive. The fans need to see these original cars run to relive the experience. They come to the fence to watch us run.Clones cannot do that. Not all of them can just stay show poodles.

We have lost our MINDS.

And it Feels GOOD.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 04:56 AM

Posted By: BENCHRACER

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 12:30 PM

Bob, did you regret it when you sold it before? If so, do you want that feeling again.
I sold my green car two times (I didn't learn the first time). And yes, the regret doubled the second time. Both times it seemed like the thing I wanted to do.....until a week later.
I say don't do it

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 03:55 PM

Quote:

Bob, did you regret it when you sold it before? If so, do you want that feeling again.
I sold my green car two times (I didn't learn the first time). And yes, the regret doubled the second time. Both times it seemed like the thing I wanted to do.....until a week later.
I say don't do it

Vinnie,I have no regrets for saleing it the first time.Grant returned it exactly the way he got it over 20 years ago except for fresh gas.The same spark plugs and tires.Thank to Grant for taking such great care of it and not changing a thing on it.Anyone else may have destoryed the car and it's history.I had that happen to my altered wheelbase car.I heard it was sold recently for big bucks and the history has been forever clouded,the owners were trying to make it something it never was.My hat is of to Grant for taking care of the Dart and to Donny Martik and his brothers for helping bring it back home.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 04:55 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 05:03 PM

Quote:

so you gonna come race the 68 or not

Do you want to match race me?

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 05:06 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 05:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

so you gonna come race the 68 or not

Do you want to match race me?

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 05:16 PM

The Dart can do some neat wheelstands for Fred to watch also. I can feel Fred's fear already.I can't lose,Fred runs BGR power and probabaly be a lot quicker with a better driver that pays attention.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 05:21 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 05:34 PM

Quote:

once again

You feel pretty safe and cocky south of the Mason Dixon Line when your surrounded by your Posse.Come back up here we have a little surprise for you,I'am dragging out that old Pro-Stock Demon and reviving it. Just to go after you.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 05:37 PM

This is going to be good.
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 05:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

once again

You feel pretty safe and cocky south of the Mason Dixon Line when your surrounded by your Posse.Come back up here we have a little surprise for you,I'am dragging out that old Pro-Stock Demon and reviving it. Just to go after you.

Do you need a driver? , oh yeah BTW do not sell the Hemi.....

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 05:44 PM

Quote:

This is going to be good.

Nah,good can't be applied here,It's going to be great.A four foot Italian with a German attitude poking a sleeping bear.At some point in time that bear is going to wake up and

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 05:48 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 05:52 PM

Oh I'm half tempted to buy a plane ticket to see this match race!

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 05:53 PM

Quote:

like this one scares anyone. you could't wake it up with a bomb

Stick with this one Freddy,it's in the right position for you to poke him with your little stick.He won't even know you were there.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 05:56 PM

Posted By: max_maniac

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 06:33 PM

Quote:

don't confuse that bear with an actual picture of Bg the bear

Looks like you spiked his kool aid with Grey Goose

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 06:44 PM

Get a room you two.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 06:46 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 07:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Get a room you two.

padded

Make it a room for 3. The missile WILL be BACK SOON to full speed.

I will get the "demons" out of her this winter.
Unless someone has a Yellow Dart for trade..or

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 08:03 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 08:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Make it a room for 3. The missile WILL be BACK SOON to full speed.

I just found a post on Draglist that says Fons ran a 8.55 @ 159.71 in 1975........WOW........ . Thats putting the hammer down

http://www.draglist.com/lists/lpsq32.txt
Its #591 on the list. Wheres that S&M Duster at.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/25/08 08:34 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 08:47 PM

2004 List

I am just saying Fonsie was flying for 1975.

But my last time was a stinken 10.37.

But not THE NEXT RUN

Now all I need is a little help from my MOPARTS friends. U da' man BG & Fred.
I just wanna matchrace a bunch next year

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 08:58 PM

I would be great if we could get together 6 or 8 of the old original [prostock and 6 or 8 of the old SS cars and put on exhibition runs at the Classics and Nat's.Even a group of A/FX altered wheelbase cars.The last time we had the Yankee Peddler at the Nat's Curt ran it aganist a new era funny car.That was a great show.The owner back then almost crapped himself when Curt stood it up leaving the line.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/25/08 09:09 PM

I will be there for SURE.!!!

But the "rules" must be enforced.
RUN what u BRUNG

Must be willing to make a FULL PASS with you, Fred and I. No trailer queens

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/26/08 03:53 PM

Quote:

RUN what u BRUNG

That just might happen.I maybe racing the Dart after all.I have had a few inquires and few offers for the Dart but a lot of interest on purchasing the 65 and some of my other cars.Now I'am in a real delemnia,what to do what to do?

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/26/08 03:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

RUN what u BRUNG

That just might happen.I maybe racing the Dart after all.I have had a few inquires and few offers for the Dart but a lot of interest on purchasing the 65 and some of my other cars.Now I'am in a real delemnia,what to do what to do?

Can't help you there. . TOUGH decision .
Are you bringing anything or comming to Henderson .???
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/26/08 03:59 PM

WOW now the white car i glad i'm not in your shoes or maybe i wish i was i wonder what it would it would be like to have the stable of cars like yours what about the RS Duster doesnt anybody want it
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/27/08 12:37 AM

Bob I too have a couple in the barn, never know when I might want to drive one of them, after all, two more payments and there all mine!!

Attached picture 4712783-DSC01338.JPG
Posted By: proshiftcharger

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/27/08 02:08 AM

Quote:

The Dart can do some neat
wheelstands
Quote:

Bob, I was just going to ask will it launch the way Curts does??

Doug

Attached picture 4712971-9-21-08-BSD-SUN%20126.jpg
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/27/08 05:19 AM

Boy Larry, I think I may have seen those before....... Beep

Attached picture 4713320-09-111(2).JPG
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/27/08 07:28 PM

Quote:

Don't do it Bob, just don't do it!! that way I know where it is, so I can come see it.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/27/08 09:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The Dart can do some neat
wheelstands
Quote:

Bob, I was just going to ask will it launch the way Curts does??

Doug

Doug,you guys sure can immitate me,I'am flattered
Posted By: 62BT409

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/28/08 01:22 AM

Doug,you guys sure can immitate me,I'am flattered

Bob

Stop spending so much time online and put the other Dart together...........

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/28/08 02:42 AM

Do not sell, Enjoy!!!
Posted By: Frito

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 03:56 PM

3D,
The car Terry Thurman rolled at Norwalk last year was a CLONE. Front fenders & hood from Loren Zeedyke's max wedge plymouth, hood scoop purchased from Frank Madden. Grill built by me and Ben Mosley. Car built by David Mosley, mostly in my garage. Went from Mosley to Larry Riffe and then around a few more times until Terry got it out of Florida. Terry knew the history of this car.

Attached picture 5488191-hemiavtar.jpg
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 04:18 PM

IMO Keep it!!! but then again I`m very partial to Darts

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 04:31 PM

What do you mean by "succomb to greed"???

You're being just as greedy, if not more, by keeping a car that you do nothing with........ .......keeping the car is just stroking your ego......nothing else......
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 04:42 PM

Welcome back A Year old Thread, Welcome Back.
Posted By: HEMI472

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 04:50 PM

sooooooo did you sell the car or keep it???

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 05:11 PM

We kept it
Posted By: Sledge_57

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 05:14 PM

Quote:

Welcome back A Year old Thread, Welcome Back.

No doubt, I didn't notice the date on this until I read Kev_73_Missile's post and almost fell out of my chair.

That's twice in the last year that's happened to me.
Posted By: HEMI472

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 05:26 PM

good i am glad

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 05:38 PM

Mecum's rep came down last year to look at the Martik Brother's collection of Cameros(pace cars,Z-28s and COPOs)They saw the all original 68 Cuda,Curt's 69 Superbee and the Dart and tried to get us to let them sell them.We declined their offer.It was the smart thing to do.Everyone else was looking to capitalize and buy to flip for dollars.WE have lost a lot of respect for some of the so called collecters.We respect those who have these cars and share them with us at events at great personal cost and liability.To those few, Thanks.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/17/09 05:43 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 05:48 PM

Fred your not a collecter,you're an abuser You have been to Martik's"Bat Cave" what do you think of their collection?

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/17/09 05:51 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 05:59 PM

Quote:

no why does he collect bats ?
what type bats does he collect ?
ones that fly or used in baseball ( or other things we won't mention here in my neighborhood)

Bats(little furry animals) I thought you visited Donny's shop.
Posted By: RonP

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 06:03 PM

Quote:

Fred your not a collecter,you're an abuser You have been to Martik's"Bat Cave" what do you think of their collection?

I had the pleasure of seeing that collection.

Bob, glad you kept the dart

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/17/09 07:10 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 11:24 PM

Why not keep it in the family and give it to your grandson
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 11:31 PM

never sell it

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 11:33 PM

#1. it's just a car.
#2. you're renting, as you aren't taking it with you.
#3 if the $$ from the car will/could improve the lives of you or family......

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 11:36 PM

Quote:

#1. it's just a car.

I can't believe i just read that on a car forum!

Think of it this way, if you sell it you will never be able to buy another one!

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/17/09 11:38 PM

I'll repeat, it's just a car.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/17/09 11:55 PM

Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/18/09 12:04 AM

read this to the last paragraph

Attached picture 5489024-bellsonbear.jpg

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/18/09 12:10 AM

Quote:

read this to the last paragraph

Those bells hurt and the pepper burns Fred,sorry I didn't take you to the "Bat Cave"I'll make sure the next time your at the "Hog Pen"
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/18/09 12:10 AM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/18/09 12:35 AM

Quote:

Well,I disagree,it's not just a car.The Dart has a lot of special memories for me.The fact that it is one of the few"as raced""never restored"with the original engine or maybe the only one in that condition is not a big deal,but the fact that my son Curt at a very early age,4 years old was with me at every race that I ran it and we have all those memories of years together memorilize in pictures as he grew over the years to become the person he was is priceless,be it the car or the memories or both together makes it priceless to family and friends.This may be the reason why we still have it today.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/18/09 12:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Well,I disagree,it's not just a car.The Dart has a lot of special memories for me.The fact that it is one of the few"as raced""never restored"with the original engine or maybe the only one in that condition is not a big deal,but the fact that my son Curt at a very early age,4 years old was with me at every race that I ran it and we have all those memories of years together memorilize in pictures as he grew over the years to become the person he was is priceless,be it the car or the memories or both together makes it priceless to family and friends.This may be the reason why we still have it today.

EXACTLY!

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/18/09 02:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like you already knew the answer.
Posted By: still looking

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/18/09 02:51 AM

don't sell it!!! my brother is still looking for his black 1969 hemi charger r/t!! he sold it in 1983!!!
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/18/09 03:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I knew you would never part with that car as long as you still are breathing

Attached picture 5489461-IMG_1312.JPG
Posted By: Troublemaker427

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/18/09 11:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

EXACTLY!

X2!!!
Posted By: Bob'sdaughter

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/19/09 03:24 AM

Wow, its just a car, really?!?
The 68 is just the coolest Hemi ever.
Its not like you need the money.

My is that stop worring about tomorrow and getting your ducks in a row or whatever. When our times up, its up Daddy, what the hell. Enjoy all your toys when your here with us and you can play with them. By that I mean take it out and run it, car shows are boring. It took too long to get it back in the family. The Dart is like you one of a kind.

And after your gone I will sell it to the highest bidder and build a bigger art studio....just kidding.

Attached picture 5491427-4998855-IMG_1192.jpg

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/19/09 06:23 AM

Quote:

You're being just as greedy, if not more, by keeping a car that you do nothing with........ .......keeping the car is just stroking your ego......nothing else......

Wow, thats harsh. I don't agree with that at all. It's his car, he can do whatever he wants with it. If he wants to cut it up and make paperweights from it, that's his right. I have a lot of junk around here that I may never do anything with, but then again I might, so until I decide for sure, or I need the money, it's not for sale and can't see how that makes me greedy. Just because you own something that others feel is a piece of history, or whatever, does not mean you are required to do something with it, or display it for others enjoyment. You do whatever you want with it, you own it. And while I do understand, the worth of the car and the great sentimental value, I do agree with the Missle, "it's just a car".

Monte
Posted By: Defbob

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/19/09 12:53 PM

Quote:

I don't know your finances Bob, but I'd keep it and if you are bored with just showing it, do something else with it.
Maybe Drive it more on the street or race it more at the track.

Just a thought.

Nice problem to have!

I hate to see owners part with their race cars. Race it. Enjoy it.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/19/09 01:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Some people dont (or will never) understand. But I do..
That has to be the coolest car in world..."Its Just a Car"
LOL
Even so, In my eyes, even if said car was a /6 original, and now sporting a 318...The memories would be just as important regardless of size,shape,type.....
now throw that in with probably the single most important car Chrysler ever assembled in a race package..
Well you get the idea...
Again, I bet and probably should'nt speak for Bob, but the memories alone are worth the house pot...
Soo Yes...
Its a keeper.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/19/09 01:22 PM

A board member here used to have a sticker on the back of a Hemi Superbird that said "IJAC It's just a car". People hated him for it.

Bottom line is that BG is going to do whatever he wants to. All the rest is just Internet drivel anyway.
Posted By: HPMike

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/19/09 01:31 PM

I think I see BG's point here.

I have a similar dilemma with one of my cars. I never show it or even take it out, but I do take satisfaction in owning it. When you have a car that is as incredibly rare as that one is(Hemi Dart), and couple it with the fact that there is a family history, well, it does make for a very difficult decision. The main problem as I see it is that, at least in my case, it's a final decision. Once it's gone, that's it. Never get a chance to ever do it again. It's not about greed or anything else.

MB
Posted By: R_Blaha

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/19/09 02:35 PM

Quote:

My is that stop worring about tomorrow and getting your ducks in a row or whatever. When our times up, its up Daddy, what the hell. Enjoy all your toys when your here with us and you can play with them. By that I mean take it out and run it, car shows are boring. It took too long to get it back in the family. The Dart is like you one of a kind.

And after your gone I will sell it to the highest bidder and build a bigger art studio....just kidding.

I think your daughter summed it up pretty well. I'm still mad my dad got rid of his super bee back in 82 that was a drag car since new, and I still can't find it.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/19/09 02:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, thats harsh. I don't agree with that at all. It's his car, he can do whatever he wants with it. If he wants to cut it up and make paperweights from it, that's his right. I have a lot of junk around here that I may never do anything with, but then again I might, so until I decide for sure, or I need the money, it's not for sale and can't see how that makes me greedy. Just because you own something that others feel is a piece of history, or whatever, does not mean you are required to do something with it, or display it for others enjoyment. You do whatever you want with it, you own it. And while I do understand, the worth of the car and the great sentimental value, I do agree with the Missle, "it's just a car".

Monte

Well, I guess we agree to disagree........

ANYTHING more than a roof over your head and food in you stomach is greed and/or ego.......no if's, and's, or but's..........this is just an extreme case.........and the proof is that he would want top dollar for it if he decides to sell it......If he WASN'T greedy or had a huge ego, why would he start this thread and why would it take so much for him to sell when he doesn't have near that much in it???......greed/ego.......I'm not saying that's necessarily bad or abnormal, but that's what it is.....

Contrary to what a LOT of people think, we don't own or race cars for ourselves......we do it for others..........It wouldn't be any fun to only rent the track to run your car by yourself......that'd get old real quick, no matter how fast the car was..........It wouldn't be any fun to park your car out in the backyard and have your own, 1 car, carshow every other day........It's all about people........Shooting the breeze and acting like Stewart on Saturday Night Live and saying "Look what I can do" or "Look what I got".........

The way you have to look at it is; If you were the only person on earth, would you still care as much about the car, or that VIN number?.....Even if you have fond memories of things happening with the car, you wouldn't need the car for that because you'd STILL HAVE YOUR MEMORIES and pics of the car if it was gone..........

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/19/09 04:56 PM

So Wayne, you are saying that there is NO extracuricular activity that anyone in the world does, just for the pure enjoyment of it. They do everything to impress others and show there junk is bigger than everybody elses.....man, you need to lighten up dude. I call BS on your opinion. There are collectors all over the world, who own priceless objects, yet nobody else ever sees them. The people own them because they enjoy them. If if was about impressing others, they would display these items.

Monte
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/19/09 06:00 PM

Quote:

So Wayne, you are saying that there is NO extracuricular activity that anyone in the world does, just for the pure enjoyment of it. They do everything to impress others and show there junk is bigger than everybody elses.....man, you need to lighten up dude. I call BS on your opinion. There are collectors all over the world, who own priceless objects, yet nobody else ever sees them. The people own them because they enjoy them. If if was about impressing others, they would display these items.

Monte

That about sums it up.

I don't own my Mopars to pose with them like some trend following yuppie. I own them because I have a love for them. I grew up with them, both of my brother in-laws have them, my Dad even had a Chrysler powered '55 Thunderbird. This may be one of those cases where "if I have to explain it to you wouldn't understand" applies.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/19/09 06:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Well, I guess we agree to disagree........

ANYTHING more than a roof over your head and food in you stomach is greed and/or ego.......no if's, and's, or but's..........this is just an extreme case.........and the proof is that he would want top dollar for it if he decides to sell it......If he WASN'T greedy or had a huge ego, why would he start this thread and why would it take so much for him to sell when he doesn't have near that much in it???......greed/ego.......I'm not saying that's necessarily bad or abnormal, but that's what it is.....

Contrary to what a LOT of people think, we don't own or race cars for ourselves......we do it for others..........It wouldn't be any fun to only rent the track to run your car by yourself......that'd get old real quick, no matter how fast the car was..........It wouldn't be any fun to park your car out in the backyard and have your own, 1 car, carshow every other day........It's all about people........Shooting the breeze and acting like Stewart on Saturday Night Live and saying "Look what I can do" or "Look what I got".........

The way you have to look at it is; If you were the only person on earth, would you still care as much about the car, or that VIN number?.....Even if you have fond memories of things happening with the car, you wouldn't need the car for that because you'd STILL HAVE YOUR MEMORIES and pics of the car if it was gone..........

this sounds like the mindset tought to us from our Government school system..
no Pride in ownership..
if you dont own it ...no one can take it away from you... (more like
you wont put up much of a fight when someone does..)
your falling into the mediocraty,,that socialist propogate... just like alcholism ...admitting you have this problem is the first step to recovery.
....Please!!...What's mine is mine..if I earned it, Grew it..or hunted an killed..it..
Its mine...as i see fit....period
if i decide to invite you over for a picknick..then i might share it with you..
if not...then you know where you stand..

but i digresss..

Bob...do with it ,what ever you will..
thanks for the pictures..

PS.

"i dont end a conversation by saying.. "take it easy"..or Dont work to hard this burns me up...its the socialist plot....

i say.."Work your donkey off..then pig out on/in/with ... your spoils.... "

cheapst.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/20/09 12:07 AM

Quote:

Monte

I am lightened up and I call BS on you for not being in touch with reality .......but you probably can't appreciate what I said without going to a country and seeing a person who's sole possesions are a blanket and a mule..........and they're proud of that blanket and mule........

Well.....OK, sex, is one extracuricular activity for pure enjoyment......... but there can be a LOT of ego tied up in that too........

Those collectors buy those things to make them feel good about themselves.........and they do show their ego toys to their closest friends, who they seek respect and admiration from......They might not care what a pee-on like me thinks about their collection, so why display it to pee-ons???

Car collectors buy a car because it has a certain VIN number........If they really cared about the cars, then why care about and pay so much for 1 stupid VIN number????? Why not a clone or replica.........NOT 1 PERSON that bought a Hemi or Max Wedge car brand new EVER looked at or cared about the VIN number when buying it.........Now, that's the first thing they look at........That's 100% ego, pure and simple.........

Go through a life threatening illness and all of a sudden none of that crap means a thing anymore..........You're priorities change really fast.........

I'm not knocking anyone for wanting to pay a lot of money for a VIN number (because I've made money off those guys, to help put a roof over my head and food on my table )......I'm just saying that "succombing" to greed is not what's going on here.......

I had a buddy of mine tell me that he doesn't like it when he drives his '69 Judge to the gas station and people constantly hound him wanting to look at it.......Says he bought it for himself to enjoy..........so I said, "then why'd you spend the extra money on an orange Judge, why not a regular, dark green, GTO, or even a Lemans, that has the EXACT same motor, because they wouldn't bother you then?" (I drove the car and it was a turd, BTW).........He had no answer......... ..........kinda reminds of a story of a guy bringing a Hemi Dart to a Hemi Reunion and leaving early because people are hounding him to sell it them.........

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/20/09 04:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

I am lightened up and I call BS on you for not being in touch with reality .......but you probably can't appreciate what I said without going to a country and seeing a person who's sole possesions are a blanket and a mule..........and they're proud of that blanket and mule........

Well.....OK, sex, is one extracuricular activity for pure enjoyment......... but there can be a LOT of ego tied up in that too........

Those collectors buy those things to make them feel good about themselves.........and they do show their ego toys to their closest friends, who they seek respect and admiration from......They might not care what a pee-on like me thinks about their collection, so why display it to pee-ons???

Car collectors buy a car because it has a certain VIN number........If they really cared about the cars, then why care about and pay so much for 1 stupid VIN number????? Why not a clone or replica.........NOT 1 PERSON that bought a Hemi or Max Wedge car brand new EVER looked at or cared about the VIN number when buying it.........Now, that's the first thing they look at........That's 100% ego, pure and simple.........

Go through a life threatening illness and all of a sudden none of that crap means a thing anymore..........You're priorities change really fast.........

I'm not knocking anyone for wanting to pay a lot of money for a VIN number (because I've made money off those guys, to help put a roof over my head and food on my table )......I'm just saying that "succombing" to greed is not what's going on here.......

I had a buddy of mine tell me that he doesn't like it when he drives his '69 Judge to the gas station and people constantly hound him wanting to look at it.......Says he bought it for himself to enjoy..........so I said, "then why'd you spend the extra money on an orange Judge, why not a regular, dark green, GTO, or even a Lemans, that has the EXACT same motor, because they wouldn't bother you then?" (I drove the car and it was a turd, BTW).........He had no answer......... ..........kinda reminds of a story of a guy bringing a Hemi Dart to a Hemi Reunion and leaving early because people are hounding him to sell it them.........

Well, I guess the guy with the blanket and mule is an egotistical punk as well, because he should get rid of that trophy mule and walk his lazy azz around....lol.....and just because you bought something years ago and now it is worth more and you want that extra worth, has nothing to do with greed, it's called profit. Like that stack of baseball cards you found in the attic, those old coins, or whatever. If what you bought years ago, with no intent of making money on it, is now worth more and you don't capitalize, I think that would be more about stupidity than ego.

Monte

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/20/09 04:17 AM

Quote:

Well, I guess the guy with the blanket and mule is an egotistical [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] as well, because he should get rid of that trophy mule and walk his lazy azz around....lol

Monte

ROLFLMAO........I knew you were going to say something like that......

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/20/09 04:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Well, I guess the guy with the blanket and mule is an egotistical [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] as well, because he should get rid of that trophy mule and walk his lazy azz around....lol

Monte

ROLFLMAO........I knew you were going to say something like that......

You are the very one who always tells me that EVERYTHING is about money and that is what counts.

Monte

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/20/09 01:39 PM

Quote:

You are the very one who always tells me that EVERYTHING is about money and that is what counts.

Monte

I never said that ego was bad.......and that making money is all ego, because you need it to put food on the table and keep a roof over your head......Even if you "own" your house, you don't really own it.....just try not paying your taxes and find out who really owns it, so people HAVE to make some money........and for me, personally, money is about security......I work as hard as I do because I don't want to have to work that hard when I'm 60 (if I make it that far ).........

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/20/09 02:21 PM

Quote:

This pretty much sums up my thoughts (without the art studio part!)... beat that thing like a red-headed stepchild. It should be doing wheels up launches at every event you attend I'd leave it as is and run the dog snot out of it
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/20/09 02:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

This pretty much sums up my thoughts (without the art studio part!)... beat that thing like a red-headed stepchild. It should be doing wheels up launches at every event you attend I'd leave it as is and run the dog snot out of it

I would pull the original engine in that casem, and replace it with a BG updated version...

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/20/09 02:29 PM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/20/09 02:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

beat that thing like a red-headed stepchild. It should be doing wheels up launches at every event you attend I'd leave it as is and run the dog snot out of it

that's a terrible way and possibly a criminal offence to treat a car with all that importance and history

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/20/09 06:18 PM

we are going to take his mule from him...
chop it up and feed all the childen back in the town.
then cut up his blanket into smaller sections and give it to the children so they can sleep at night...
because after all those really werent his posessions..there was a greater need/good
more important than his...
cheapst
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/20/09 08:26 PM

KEEP THE DART

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/21/09 02:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

beat that thing like a red-headed stepchild. It should be doing wheels up launches at every event you attend I'd leave it as is and run the dog snot out of it

that's a terrible way and possibly a criminal offence to treat a car with all that importance and history

Fred,
That's the pot calling the kettle black

And I love the Bob's Dodge paint scheme. I'd repaint it that way and then run the dog snot out of it.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/21/09 02:54 AM

i am pretty sure he was being sarcastic..
i know i was being sarcastic
\cheapst.

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/21/09 03:31 AM

Yeah I know he was being sarcastic

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/21/09 03:49 AM

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/21/09 11:56 AM

Setting the record straight WE posted the delemma as to weather to sale the Dart or not over a year ago after all the attention it got at the All Hemi Reunion Event at Quaker City.I just wanted some good imput and advise from our friends here.I didn't want to make a decision based on money alone,that would have been a no-brainer.Again I want to thank Donny Martik and Martik Brother Classics for helping me bring the Dart back home and Grant Benham for taking great care of it and keeping it in it's original condition for over the past 20+ years.Even though we paid BIG dollars to reaquire the Dart an offer of making a $100,000+ quik profit needed to be considered.Donny and I discussed the delemma and with imput and advise from our knowledgable and respected friends here on Moparts we decided that keeping it and making occasional 1/4 mile passes and showing it at select events was the right thing to do.Sharing the car and memories with everyone.We are sorry that this year old post has caused anyone any issues,but to answer the question that was asked: yes we are keeping it,yes will will share it with everyone bringing it to certain events and making some passes the same thing goes for the 65 Plymouth of Curt's.He will always be with us everytime it goes down the track.Sorry it caused any issue with anyone.
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/22/09 04:28 AM

Hey Mr. George,

Thanks for sharing it with us!!! What a BEAUTIFUL car and im VERY happy that you have desided to keep it. I would NEVER sell history!!

Mike

Re: 68 Hemi Dart,sale or not? - 09/23/09 12:09 AM

Quote:

Hey Mr. George,

Thanks for sharing it with us!!! What a BEAUTIFUL car and im VERY happy that you have desided to keep it. I would NEVER sell history!!

Mike

Thanks,it's no MR.George here,just Bob or BG
© 2024 Moparts Forums