Moparts

my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE...

Posted By: stevet340

my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 02:19 AM

Well the weather finally gave me a break and I waited out some light rain at Thompson raceway park Saturday, (6/25/12). First pass was a 8.96 @ 149.01 mph. Second pass was a 8.93 @149.08 mph. Still too much clutch and a few other bugs to work out but it's headed in the right direction. Thats only the 4th and 5th passes on the car this year so I'm sure it will pick up some more after I learn how to drive it...

Attached picture 6701380-8secondtimeslips.jpg
Posted By: fishy340

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 02:22 AM

come on brother spill a little on the combo,nos,na? and congrats
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 02:42 AM

That`s definately scootin.............

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 02:55 AM

It's all motor, I don't believe in NOS or any other type of power adder.

Attached File

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 03:39 AM

Quote:

It's all motor, I don't believe in NOS or any other type of power adder.

More details please like; car,weight and of course some photos would be nice..........

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 04:24 PM

Quote:

Well the weather finally gave me a break and I waited out some light rain at Thompson raceway park Saturday, (6/25/12). First pass was a 8.96 @ 149.01 mph. Second pass was a 8.93 @149.08 mph. Still too much clutch and a few other bugs to work out but it's headed in the right direction. Thats only the 4th and 5th passes on the car this year so I'm sure it will pick up some more after I learn how to drive it...

We`re still waiting for the specs and photos of this 8-second n/a car.........
Posted By: SB449VALIANT

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 05:23 PM

We need details, bro!!!
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 05:37 PM

WOW!! thats mighty impressive! We would like more info please,maybe some pics.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 06:03 PM

More info...

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post6666361
Posted By: Discoquik

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 06:23 PM

I saw it make those passes, buzzin to the moon!

Neat Car

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 10:10 PM

not much to say as far as specs go, OEM block, heads and valve covers, pump gas, well under 370 cubes, homemade step headers, shop made oil pan intake and belt drive, I have an awesome engine builder and a lot of hard work to make it run like it does. I don't have any pictures of the car from this year, maybe someone on here does, or better yet a video of it?

Attached picture 6702589-ediitedwheelstanddragway42.JPG

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 10:53 PM

Quote:

not much to say as far as specs go, OEM block, heads and valve covers, pump gas, well under 370 cubes, homemade step headers, shop made oil pan intake and belt drive, I have an awesome engine builder and a lot of hard work to make it run like it does. I don't have any pictures of the car from this year, maybe someone on here does, or better yet a video of it?

oem block meaning stock block? jesus h thats something else wow,be careful i'd say 9000rpm shifts thats a ticking time

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 11:03 PM

o my bad i just read in topic..its a 48deg r block w w9's...sweet

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 11:35 PM

Quote:

I`m confused... in your other post you said "stock block and heads" now you say r-3 block and w-9`s? Pump gas to boot...........
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/27/11 11:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I`m confused... in your other post you said "stock block and heads" now you say r-3 block and w-9`s? Pump gas to boot...........

Well technically these were made by mopar performance

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/28/11 01:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I never said stock I said OEM, meaning Mopar block, heads, and valve covers, nothing else is mopar on it and it isn't anything close to being stock. I buy my gas, cam2 at the local gas station and pump it into 5 gallon cans to take home and put in the car. Hope that clears up any confusion you had..
Posted By: gearjammerdart

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/29/11 02:50 AM

Very Impressive
Posted By: BEEQUIK

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/29/11 03:06 AM

Quote:

Very Impressive

Hey there Gearjammerdart,when is your first eight second pass gonnna be???
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/29/11 05:26 AM

nice numbers bet you put a lot of time into that combo to get to go that quick, congrats

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/29/11 06:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I never said stock I said OEM, meaning Mopar block, heads, and valve covers, nothing else is mopar on it and it isn't anything close to being stock. I buy my gas, cam2 at the local gas station and pump it into 5 gallon cans to take home and put in the car. Hope that clears up any confusion you had..

It does and that`s "BAD ASS"............
Posted By: mopar_to_ya

Re: my 340 darts first 8 second pass, UPDATE... - 06/30/11 04:15 AM

r3, w9's, sheetmetal intake, steamroller tires, in a lightweight chassis car should go 8's. there is no junk there either, by no means.
Congrats on your first 8 sec run!

Where do you race?
And what does it weigh?
© 2024 Moparts Forums