Moparts

Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM

Posted By: RAMM

Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/26/11 12:50 AM

Just like the post title says everyone- Who sells a high quality drop in solid roller lifter for the LA small blocks that oils through pushrods? I'm aware of a couple but am not sure if there are others? Thanks in advance. J.Rob
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/26/11 02:14 AM

Don't know about your exact application. Call Bullit Cams they are a dealer for Morrell lifters. I am very happy with mine. I also had great luck with crower.

Comp Cams not so much.

Leon
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/26/11 02:50 AM

I got Crane's through Ryan at Shady Dell , but they are offset and with the 48 degree block , fit isn't an issue.
Not cheap , but highly recommended........and when it comes to small block MoPar's , his word is pretty solid.
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/26/11 03:36 AM

Doug Herbert SB Drop-in Roller lifter for $269.00 and they are NICE!!!!!
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/26/11 04:43 AM

Quote:

I like them too.I've used several sets

Attached picture 6700314-132825512_Nn1f9AM1_87.jpg
Posted By: RAMM

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/26/11 01:38 PM

Quote:

I was looking at those last night--Do they oil through the pushrods? J.Rob
Posted By: mshred

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/26/11 02:48 PM

I thought Brian at IMM had his own set or helped design a set with possibly comp?
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/26/11 04:35 PM

Pushrod oiling will be the deal breaker for most of the cheaper ones I think.
SBC with MoPar tie bars and bushed bores ?
By the time you get all this done , you're into it for more than the $$$$$ lifters.
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/26/11 05:48 PM

I ordered the SBM from Herbert but they were on back-order, they sustituted the Morels which are allegedly a little bit heavier duty. The bodies are comparatively longer and required a shorter pushrod but they work fine. On my block they didn't exactly drop in without a little bit of dremel work around the valley ribs.

Attached picture 6700800-4141.JPG

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/27/11 12:29 AM

Quote:

I ordered the SBM from Herbert but they were on back-order, they sustituted the Morels which are allegedly a little bit heavier duty. The bodies are comparatively longer and required a shorter pushrod but they work fine. On my block they didn't exactly drop in without a little bit of dremel work around the valley ribs.

Heres the gringing I had too do.

Attached picture 6701217-Workingonmymotor066.jpg

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/27/11 12:30 AM

Attached picture 6701218-Workingonmymotor056.jpg
Posted By: LA360

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/27/11 01:19 AM

I ordered Crane Pro series lifters for a friends engine a couple of years back. If he still has the box I can find out the part number. I think they needed a little clearancing, but they dropped in just fine, and because of the pushrod oiling, we bushed the lifter bores.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/27/11 06:36 PM

Quote:

I ordered Crane Pro series lifters for a friends engine a couple of years back. If he still has the box I can find out the part number. I think they needed a little clearancing, but they dropped in just fine, and because of the pushrod oiling, we bushed the lifter bores.

That is what i did on my old motor. Was an x block, so the same as a standard block is up top. Used crane ultra pro lifters, which required no clearancing at aall as i recall, and bushed the lifter bores( which is generally around a 500-550 dollar operation).Extremely trouble free for a real long time.

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/27/11 06:39 PM

I did not have to do any gringing to the lifter bores,just the block where the rivet would rub a little.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/28/11 02:26 AM

We ran comp cams rollers in our stroked 340. Had a porous head issue after 15 passes so we tore it down. I'd say 1/2 of the lifter bodies had cracks in them. Have no idea why. We replaced them with the lifters Brian at IMM offered. We'll find out this winter on how they are holding up. So far the engine is running great.
Posted By: DragDart360

Re: Best/Cost Effective Drop-in Roller Lifters for SBM - 06/28/11 02:32 AM

Ryan put Howards in my short block. Haven't ran it yet so I don't know the outcome. I think it will be successful though.
© 2024 Moparts Forums