Moparts

Duster fiberglass parts

Posted By: sdaurity

Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 04:52 PM

Who's got the best parts? Looking for hood, bumpers, trunk, fenders, doors. Glasstek has it all but the fenders, but was curious if anyone else made it. thanks
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 04:57 PM

i have glasstech vf is right by them ,
love my glasstech

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 05:10 PM

I just found WS racing fiberglass can anybody give an opinion on them or their parts?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 05:40 PM

Check AAR in Florida
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 05:42 PM

Quote:

I just found WS racing fiberglass can anybody give an opinion on them or their parts?

Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 05:51 PM

What year Duster?
Keith
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 06:06 PM

I'm in need of a new hood with a nice looking scoop for my 70 Duster... So I will be watching this post with great interest..
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 06:18 PM

I have a WS hood and deck lid on my car and the fit and finish was great on both.

That said, it was '06 that I got them and Walt has since passed on and IIRC the son has been running it and from what I hear not running it well.

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 06:26 PM

Quote:

What year Duster?
Keith

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 06:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That good huh. LOL As bad as unlimited Products? I got it good by them a long time ago and don't want to be in that situation again with glass parts.
Posted By: JLC

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 07:54 PM

AAR fiberglass.
Posted By: ALKYW5DART

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 08:34 PM

i have a 71 dart with a aar glass cowl hood, hood fits great but is heavy
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 06/22/11 08:59 PM

Quote:

Who's got the best parts? Looking for hood, bumpers, trunk, fenders, doors. Glasstek has it all but the fenders, but was curious if anyone else made it. thanks

you have a pm..
Posted By: mopar4406bbl

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 11/22/11 06:35 PM

I bought a 1 piece front end from them (W S Fiberglass)and I was very happy with it.
they were a 2 man shop, and not very long after my piece was made I heard Walt had died. I beleve it was run by Walt and his son.If the son is still running it I would buy from him.440-998-6341 is the # I have for them.
I bought a deck lid from U S Fiberglass in Florida and it was perfect I would also buy from them again.
Both pieces went on a 1972 Duster.
Posted By: Edge

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 11/22/11 06:53 PM

The fit and finish of the VFN products is very good for the atleast 74-76 Dusters, I have a hood, six pack scoop, trunk lid, front and rear bumpers, they do not have a one piece front end. I "had" one from another supplier and could not use it (junk).
Posted By: mopar4406bbl

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 11/22/11 07:00 PM

U S Body Source has the fenders for $698 for the pair. They kill you on the shipping also. The deck lid I bought from them was perfect but they would only ship by truck, They put it in a very large box and shipped by semi truck. The piece would ship by UPS or even USPS FOR A LOT LESS. a bare Duster deck lid isn't very large.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 11/23/11 12:18 AM

There was a guy that had some good looking hoods that I have seen a couple of times. I think it was called Penstar Reproductions? Parts had nice under structure/bracing. Not sure if he had anything other than hoods. Maybe someone else can chime in about their fit and finish.

Randy
Posted By: vttm

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 11/23/11 01:06 AM

Glasstek has some of the best glass parts I've bought. WS is by far the worst parts and worst service. Glasstek is also great to deal with.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 11/23/11 01:09 AM

Quote:

U S Body Source has the fenders for $698 for the pair. They kill you on the shipping also. The deck lid I bought from them was perfect but they would only ship by truck, They put it in a very large box and shipped by semi truck. The piece would ship by UPS or even USPS FOR A LOT LESS. a bare Duster deck lid isn't very large.

uNless UPS or Fedex has changed their rules BIG TIME .. that decklid is a truck-freight item only.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 11/23/11 02:48 AM

I bought all my stuff from WS back in 05. I didn't know Walt has sinced passed on, that's a shame. I am happy with what I got from them but it is race 'glass, not show stuff. AAR makes very good pieces but not what I would call race weight stuff, you might just as well stick with steel. I've bought a hood and bumpers from VFN, nice stuff and even an entire Daytona body which I was very impressed with. Good quality stuff there. The others I don't have any experience with.
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Duster fiberglass parts - 11/23/11 03:08 AM

Quote:

Glasstek has some of the best glass parts I've bought. WS is by far the worst parts and worst service. Glasstek is also great to deal with.

I really like my hood deck and front rear bumper from Glasstek very very little work fit was tremendously great! none better!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums